Room divider help

matymil

On my next cruise im going with a buddy and i think its best that we have sort of privacy. I could have sworn i saw some sort of room divider that is magnetic that you can put up inside of a room but i cant find what im looking for online. Does something like this exist or did i make this up in mind 🙃 And if it does exist where can i find one? TIA

35 minutes ago, matymil said:

On my next cruise im going with a buddy and i think its best that we have sort of privacy. I could have sworn i saw some sort of room divider that is magnetic that you can put up inside of a room but i cant find what im looking for online. Does something like this exist or did i make this up in mind 🙃 And if it does exist where can i find one? TIA

two cabins

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hurricane0226 said:

two cabins

Yeah thats def not going to happen lol. Also just realized that this may be the wrong forum to post this in. Im just used to always posting in here.

11 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have read about people who use magnetic hooks on the ceiling to hang a cheap shower curtain.

was just about to post this.  we are doing this on upcoming cruise with our kids and going to curtain off the couch area so the kids can have their privacy.  yes the kids are 10/11 and need "privacy".

I have used the shower curtain suggestion on several cruises. I get up early and when I open the cabin door, the hallway light wakes my husband up. So I just hang the shower curtain to block the light. I used two magnetic hooks and used a string through the holes of the shower curtain. That way when he was up I could slide the curtain to the side.

• Like 1

Yep we did this when my daughter cruised with us.  Buy the small strong magnets on Amazon, and then you can use two fabric shower curtains, but those are only 6' high. 

I used a queen size sheet and it provided decent coverage. I actually grommeted it but I think you could use clips hung from the magnet hooks too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

Way back in ye olde times when there were four of us sharing a cabin we took a king sized flat sheet and strong magnets. I chose this because it was bigger than a shower curtain. It worked well for us. 

Ye old times lol. Thats a good idea with the sheets. Im guessing if i asked they would provide us with an extra so we dont have to pack one. Thanks for all the suggestions

9 hours ago, Momma1980 said:

Very little privacy when sharing a cabin. Though the beds are separated,  your bed will be mere inches away from your cabin mate.  If privacy is a big deal, consider booking separate cabins. 

One bout of flatulence and that curtain won't make a bit of difference 🤣