Bliss Pacific Coastal April 17th

ceilidh1

I made good use of the drink package yesterday- many cocktails, wine with lunch and a bottle at dinner! Teppanyaki was great but I was so full afterwards ! The teen went off to the teen club for the first time this cruise and said it was fun. When we got back to our room we had a complimentary laundry bag left for us (club balcony amenity) but since I’m sailing home I won’t be sending any this time. Also, around midnight, our room phone started flashing to indicate a message was left. It was guest services reminding us to fill out the customs form before arrival into Victoria. There was yet another copy of the form left in our room too.

This morning the teen got a manicure at the spa. She is pleased with it, though for $60 I was expecting something more. Lol. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

@OrcaGirl we need to hook up! I have the upgraded drink package and it’s getting wasted! Let’s drink tomorrow! 14202!!!!

I’ll be in the thermal spa until they kick me out 😉.  But then watch for me near the Observation Deck bar… that’s usually where I spend my evenings.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I’ll be in the thermal spa until they kick me out 😉.  But then watch for me near the Observation Deck bar… that’s usually where I spend my evenings.

We will be there soon now that there is no port today.

I didn’t even realize it was that windy today! Lol. We weren’t planning on getting off in Victoria anyways, so not a big deal for us. As long as we can make it into Vancouver I’m good!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I’ll look for you later! Currently enjoying a glass of Veuve with the upgraded drink package 

• Like 2

Ok, I’m going to vent a little. I made 2 requests of our steward - remove paid items from fridge and leave me a wine glass in the room. I knew I would get a bottle of wine at dinner each night and being the remainder back to the room to leave in the fridge and drink later. Neither request was fulfilled. On the first night, I brought back an empty glass with me. The steward took it away next day. I removed the paid items from the fridge and put them on a shelf. The steward returned them to the fridge. This has happened every day now, even though I have left a note with the glass saying Do Not Remove. 

Yesterday, as I was heading out to dinner, the steward asked me to fill out the customs form as he needed it right away. I filled it out. He told me I needed to do another one as I had to put the date as the day we arrived in Canada, not the date I signed. I filled out another. Today he gave me another form and asked me to fill out again. What?!?? 

I feel better now. Back to enjoying my vacation. I really am having a great time. The small frustrations definitely haven’t put a dampener on my experiences.

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ok, I’m going to vent a little. I made 2 requests of our steward - remove paid items from fridge and leave me a wine glass in the room. I knew I would get a bottle of wine at dinner each night and being the remainder back to the room to leave in the fridge and drink later. Neither request was fulfilled. On the first night, I brought back an empty glass with me. The steward took it away next day. I removed the paid items from the fridge and put them on a shelf. The steward returned them to the fridge. This has happened every day now, even though I have left a note with the glass saying Do Not Remove. 

So annoying. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, westcoaster said:

It looks like the Bliss didn't make it into Victoria this afternoon, likely due to winds.

Here's a photo of her approaching Victoria.  Once she got near the mouth of the harbor, she turned around and left.

image.thumb.jpeg.061e8e3749b892749286b8535238e690.jpeg

Can anyone confirm it was weather/operations related and not due to any other reasons that I don’t even want to mention (we’re due out of SEA in a week and a half so just want to make sure). 

Thermal spa was very quiet this morning, got noticeably busier/louder once the port stop in Victoria got cancelled. (There was no announcement in the spa that I heard, I only saw the update here on this thread.)

Hope this doesn’t mean we all get to fill out the Canadian customs declaration again! 😂 I filled it out per my stewards instructions, and then he left me another (along with a voicemail at midnight to fill it out) so I went down to guest services early this morning and she seemed to think it was because I filled it out wrong. But it’s not my first rodeo, so… 🤷‍♀️ So I filled it out again just in case, and left a note for my steward to let him know it was done. I think as NCL’s first cruise stop in Canada, they had some confusion about requirements between guest services and the housekeeping team.

Alas, due to the need to have a pilot take us through the strait, apparently we need to sit here and wait for the originally-scheduled departure time for the pilot to come back aboard. I had been hoping the cancellation might mean our journey through the strait would happen during daylight hours rather than after midnight. But alas, no.

E7FEC3C9-C4FC-43C5-B9AE-C636D16CCC12.thumb.jpeg.fab4fe236caa75a0a683a91421596eb7.jpeg1F9E7B52-C140-49A0-AAB3-E9BBE8FB9E11.thumb.jpeg.c613316c189f7552b4d9dc09c2452643.jpegC8AD028F-E7D4-4185-90DD-508319A9200E.thumb.jpeg.b30680c76ac459d93a756b486bbdaf61.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Can anyone confirm it was weather/operations related and not due to any other reasons that I don’t even want to mention (we’re due out of SEA in a week and a half so just want to make sure). 

There is a bad storm front blowing through.  I live South and East of Seattle and it is starting to hit here now.  If you want check out the Seattle Space Neddle webcam.  It looked ugly about an hour ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

guest services said it was due to winds… the waves have noticeably picked up. I messaged my husband in Vancouver and he said it was windy there too and getting windier. Hope it calms down before we head under the Lions Gate Bridge… wouldn’t want a rogue wave sending us smacking into the underside of the bridge.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

A fellow I asked who worked at the pier also said it was weather related.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

Alas, due to the need to have a pilot take us through the strait, apparently we need to sit here and wait for the originally-scheduled departure time for the pilot to come back aboard. I had been hoping the cancellation might mean our journey through the strait would happen during daylight hours rather than after midnight. But alas, no

If I recall properly from my cruise into Vancouver on that ship in 2019 there's a window at low tide of about 20 minutes during which that ship can safely pass under the Lion's Gate Bridge.  Any other time and there isn't enough clearance.

• Like 1