Checkin completed - very easy

soloadventurer

First cruise with Carnival ( Diamond on RCCL & MSC ) and i have to say that was the easiest checkin process. 

The only slight problem Cheers and speciality dinning wasn’t on the paperwork printed off but it’s definitely in booking/order.

Oh and got the first boarding time 👍 

Edited by soloadventurer
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

First cruise with Carnival ( Diamond on RCCL & MSC ) and i have to say that was the easiest checkin process. 

The only slight problem Cheers and speciality dinning wasn’t on the paperwork printed off but it’s definitely in booking/order.

I’m glad it went smooth!

I think things that you booked separately for the cruise like cheers don’t show up on the document. It seems silly since it’s tied to your booking number, but I don’t think those show. 

14 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m glad it went smooth!

I think things that you booked separately for the cruise like cheers don’t show up on the document. It seems silly since it’s tied to your booking number, but I don’t think those show. 

Thank you 😊 

43 minutes ago, HellooKitty said:

How did you check in fast and smoothly?  I remember seeing a list of things we need to check in but can’t find it again.  Thank you!  Congratulations on first boarding time.  Praying same for us. 

I had everything to hand - passports / credit card / emergency contact / name of hotel and address after the cruise - all in about 20mins ( printed off )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HellooKitty said:

How did you check in fast and smoothly?  I remember seeing a list of things we need to check in but can’t find it again.  Thank you!  Congratulations on first boarding time.  Praying same for us. 

Don't forget, you can choose your Check-In arrival time first and then go back and complete the others info after you have your appointment time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

I had everything to hand - passports / credit card / emergency contact /

name of hotel and address after the cruise

- all in about 20mins ( printed off )

You sound like an Organized Traveller!!     I'm like that too.

Having hard copy to show helps.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

I had everything to hand - passports / credit card / emergency contact / name of hotel and address after the cruise - all in about 20mins ( printed off )

Mine was going smoothly until I reached the part where they asked you to enter the credit card number. As much as i typed nothing showed up on the screen. I had to switch from microsoft edge to Firefox and the rest went very smoothly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Mine was going smoothly until I reached the part where they asked you to enter the credit card number. As much as i typed nothing showed up on the screen. I had to switch from microsoft edge to Firefox and the rest went very smoothly.

As a former IT manager and jack-of-all-trades I always get irked that nobody can write a "universal" website any more. One thing or another doesn't work well (if at all) from one browser to the next. Firefox (updated/current) is my default, but my main booking page never shows images for excursions or whatever (just a bunch of unloaded somethings) whereas my lady's Opera browser shows all.

Edited by Moonarino

On 4/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, mondello said:

Don't forget, you can choose your Check-In arrival time first and then go back and complete the others info after you have your appointment time.

How does that work? How do you know what questions to skip?

7 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

How does that work? How do you know what questions to skip?

You will see "skip for now" at the bottom of the pages you can definitely skip and once you have booked your check-in time just leave the page. 

• Like 3

On 4/17/2022 at 5:56 AM, soloadventurer said:

I’ll be sure to have these stuff ready. 

On 4/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, mondello said:

This is the best tip I've seen on CC in a long time.  I plan to check in right at midnight, thank you!

On 4/17/2022 at 4:40 AM, soloadventurer said:

What time was the first boarding time?

On 4/17/2022 at 5:40 AM, soloadventurer said:

All your purchases do show up on the General information documents:

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS

Print General Information
  • Booking Summary (detailed departure, itinerary, and guest information)
  • Invoice (billing statement)
  • Purchased Services (spa, shore excursions, transfers)
  • Travel Notes (helpful cruising tips and "Know Before You Go" information)

My bad-doesn't show specialty dining or cheers but it does show on your itinerary

Edited by hapytobehr

On 4/18/2022 at 12:44 PM, icft said:

You will see "skip for now" at the bottom of the pages you can definitely skip and once you have booked your check-in time just leave the page. 

Don't even really have to skip anything.  When you start your check in process over the right is a list of all the things you will be doing during check in - just simply click on the one that says select check in time and do that.  It automatically saves as you go, so once you do this you can go back and do the rest right away or wait and go back and do it later.  Did it for our cruise a few weeks ago.  Just selected that and picked our check in time... then went back a few days later on the weekend and finished the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

Don't even really have to skip anything.  When you start your check in process over the right is a list of all the things you will be doing during check in - just simply click on the one that says select check in time and do that.  It automatically saves as you go, so once you do this you can go back and do the rest right away or wait and go back and do it later.  Did it for our cruise a few weeks ago.  Just selected that and picked our check in time... then went back a few days later on the weekend and finished the rest.

Thanks! I had wondered about that but wasn't brave enough to try.

Thanks for all the tips! 

Ok another question. I have an online check in  date already (May 18).  I live in Arizona. What time do I actually check in?  Midnight my time or Seattle time for the Alaska cruise??  How do I figure it out so I can set an alarm?  All I have is a date. 

Just now, HellooKitty said:

Thanks for all the tips! 

Ok another question. I have an online check in  date already (May 18).  I live in Arizona. What time do I actually check in?  Midnight my time or Seattle time for the Alaska cruise??  How do I figure it out so I can set an alarm?  All I have is a date. 

It's ALWAYS 12 midnight Eastern Time. No exceptions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

This is helpful..there is a yt video out there showing a guy skipping pages in order to make everything faster..this is even better.