Hal Gift Card Promotion

scubadawg

Buy them through AARP and get 10% off all the time. They have two values. Buy a $500 gift card for $450 or buy a $100 gift card for $90. You will find them in the AARP Rewards section of the website. I am a member but I am pretty sure that you don't actually have to be a member to purchase them.

Holland America Line gift card, they are digital gift cards.

$450     $500 Value (10% off)

$90        $100 Value (10% off)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

Buy them through AARP and get 10% off all the time.

Not a fan (much less a member) of AARP so this HAL sale is our chance to save 10%!

Looks like it is available thru 5/8 but says can be pulled at anytime.  Perfect timing for our June and July final payment dates. 

50 minutes ago, Gunther1 said:

I found it by going to the HAL website, going to the “search” function, and keying in “gift card”…..it was the first link that popped up. 

That's what I did as well - got the gift card page but no mention of a discount. Do you have to continue to purchase for the discount to be applied?

2 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

That's what I did as well - got the gift card page but no mention of a discount. Do you have to continue to purchase for the discount to be applied?

I don't see it either...😗

Following along! I don't see anything, even the direct link from above just goes to the "normal" HAL giftcard page with no mention of a discount. I'm viewing the website from Canada, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Just now, goldie099 said:

Following along! I don't see anything, even the direct link from above just goes to the "normal" HAL giftcard page with no mention of a discount. I'm viewing the website from Canada, perhaps that has something to do with it?

That's what I am wondering as well.

Strange..... I'm seeing the 10% off box when I open

19 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Here is a link to the gift card page w/the details of the 10% offer

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/giftcard.html?ICID=HECIZ0419221583

Strange..... I see the 10% off box when I visit the site using the Microsoft Edge browser but not with Chrome.

OH WAIT..... my ad blocker was keeping it from showing.  DUH!!!!!

Edited by groundloop
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LLWS_Uncle_Rick said:

Am I reading the terms and conditions correctly that these cards can only be redeem if you buy your cruise directly from HAL?   Or, if you're redeeming them on board. 

This means you can use the card to pay for a Holland America Line cruise booking....nothing about where you booked it.

Here is the fine print...Right?

Gift cards may be used for purchases on board Holland America Line vessels or applied as payment to a Holland America Line cruise booking

30 minutes ago, LLWS_Uncle_Rick said:

Am I reading the terms and conditions correctly that these cards can only be redeem if you buy your cruise directly from HAL?   Or, if you're redeeming them on board. 

My agent takes the card numbers and pins and calls HAL to get the amount of the gift card credited to the cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SUESEABE said:

Buy them through AARP and get 10% off all the time. They have two values. Buy a $500 gift card for $450 or buy a $100 gift card for $90. You will find them in the AARP Rewards section of the website. I am a member but I am pretty sure that you don't actually have to be a member to purchase them.

Holland America Line gift card, they are digital gift cards.

$450     $500 Value (10% off)

$90        $100 Value (10% off)

Thank you.  And I don't see an end date for this promo other than "limited time while supplies last." Has this been going on for some time?  I also see similar offers for other cruise lines. 

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scubadawg said:

Just saw the Mothers Day gift card bonus promo starts April 19 thru May 8th. I bought these last year when they did a promo and used to pay off cruises. Bonus cards expire June 30 2023.  fyi

Thank you.  Just did this.  I assume they will also have Father's Day promo so not to be sexist!!!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Thank you.  And I don't see an end date for this promo other than "limited time while supplies last." Has this been going on for some time?  I also see similar offers for other cruise lines. 

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default

It started today and ends May 8th.

11 minutes ago, scubadawg said:

It started today and ends May 8th.

I was replying to the post by SUESEABE about the availability of the gift cards on the AARP website.  These have no availability end date.  I know the ones on the HAL website have an ending date of May 8th. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wondermouse said:

I am guessing it is not available in Canada. 

I've sent an email to the supplier of the cards to ask.

We have purchased and used them as we do our bookings in US dollars. They may be just trying to simplify by removing from Canadian site since it automatically would also book you in Canadian dollars and the cards are then not valid against those booking fares.