Kmom Live-ish from Carnival Vista April 23-30, 2022

KmomChicago

34 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know about any secret doors but I was in that room type on Vista in December and everytime I took a shower with the bathroom door open it set off the smoke alarm and some big mean looking guy in a fire proof suit came banging on my door. Sometimes preceded by a call from the navigation bridge.

I remember you mentioning it in your review. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

HEAR YE, HEAR YE. The brunch steak and eggs is NO LONGER FILET. It was a loin strip. Still good and pretty tender but not so much as a filet. 

In fact the menu just says steak and eggs. Doesn’t describe the steak so I wonder if it can be whatever is available with supply chain issues. Maybe even the dreaded flat iron steak!! 

I found that out in March and hoped it was temporary, we cruise again next week and I was hoping the filet was back.  Unfortunately I struck out twice in March, I was served two poor cuts back to back that were tough and full of gristle.  I gave up on steak and eggs and it is what I eat every morning it is offered...lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Loved the Mongolian Wok, but did not like the lines.

I don't remember beer and wine being added to the choices; I guess that is new.

DH ordered a beer which never came but we didn’t care enough to throw any fits about it, and our folios weren’t charged. We saw other people receiving their wine. 

There were literally two bites of chicken in his lo mein and the orders don’t arrive together or even in the tough order they go in.

It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t anything special or particularly savory. Just food.

• Like 4

We had a special performer tonight, Marcus Anthony and enjoyed him enough to come back for his second show. We fitted a late dinner in between. DH had fried oysters, surf and turf, prime rib with a lobster tail, and melting cake. I had spinach salad, spaghetti carbonara, and crème brûlée. It was all sublime. 

What a wonderful day onboard Carnival Vista. 

EFA8B281-D35B-497E-997C-A59FAF5B53B0.jpeg

63C4A08A-27F3-4E20-BEAC-FC382B3C8B24.jpeg

6D68F368-ADA2-4E98-AD6E-26EBE9EBE800.jpeg

8861C8D9-EA3F-46AA-BA84-2B31D2655DB2.jpeg

• Like 11

7 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

We had a special performer tonight, Marcus Anthony and enjoyed him enough to come back for his second show. We fitted a late dinner in between. DH had fried oysters, surf and turf, prime rib with a lobster tail, and melting cake. I had spinach salad, spaghetti carbonara, and crème brûlée. It was all sublime. 

What a wonderful day onboard Carnival Vista. 

EFA8B281-D35B-497E-997C-A59FAF5B53B0.jpeg

63C4A08A-27F3-4E20-BEAC-FC382B3C8B24.jpeg

6D68F368-ADA2-4E98-AD6E-26EBE9EBE800.jpeg

8861C8D9-EA3F-46AA-BA84-2B31D2655DB2.jpeg

The picture of chocolate melting cake brought back fond memories. 😊

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Our room is one of the forward picture window behind a secret deck rooms with more or less the Cap’n’s view of the sea. 

The room was fairly cheap as it’s deemed sort of the best of the interior cabins. It only holds two so we’ve never been able to try it before as our teen is usually with us. It’s comfortable and feels roomy with some open floor space. The foot of the bed seems about a meter away from the wall which feels luxurious. The room is shorter but wider than the typical long thin room along the sides of the ship. Carpet looks snd feels nearly new. Room has no weird smells.

There is a slight noise problem. Every few minutes there’s a shuddering kind of banging sound that is obviously related to the ship’s movement. It is muffly, lol sounds like a cabin door banging on its frame a deck below and is accompanied by vibration. It’s not extremely loud and we slept through it last night but it’s not the tomblike silence I really love. We can also feel a lot of motion so this room might not be a good choice for everyone. 

There are only 2 closets  rather than the usual 3 and no couch, which is sort of irrelevant as it’s always made up into the teen’s bed anyway so we don’t use it for seating. There is room between the bed and bathroom for an easy chair but then perhaps it would feel cluttered which it doesn’t now. 

The decor is just as anyone can see in the standard photos. Clean and comfortable, relatively timeless and neutral, properly beigeified for the post Farcus cruise ship design era. This is my 5th Carnival cruise and 2nd non-Farcus after Mardi Gras.  

Joe Farcus is the zany and brilliantly creative interior designer who made the older Carnival ships the unique mix of wackiness that people love or hate to this day. This is our 5th Carnival cruise and second post-Farcus.E241DEF3-1715-4982-8321-675279A3A42D.thumb.jpeg.5e8274383cf39a13edc9921df128865a.jpeg

9741C9E7-F3A0-4612-9F78-4E6203422476.thumb.jpeg.b4648a525deeb808179faf6424198479.jpeg

1095AF89-1832-424E-8E26-F48E252D94A6.thumb.jpeg.840d2ce1c7d419ea5f702de47bd197f7.jpeg

C4BB22F4-290E-4C08-AF28-27550A1CADFC.thumb.jpeg.afc6ae994e7e5fd47352d7dd6909f301.jpeg

42CE636D-5CCC-4925-B58F-4D92CECBA8AD.thumb.jpeg.99467c84d2eaf7956913b33c160461c9.jpeg

I saw 2 of this type of room available on deck 7 listed under interior for no extra charge when I booked Horizon. I debated trying it but was really worried about feeling more movement and noise since we always book as far back as we can where it's always been so quiet, plus it didn't have a couch which I discovered last cruise I like having.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I saw 2 of this type of room available on deck 7 listed under interior for no extra charge when I booked Horizon. I debated trying it but was really worried about feeling more movement and noise since we always book as far back as we can where it's always been so quiet, plus it didn't have a couch which I discovered last cruise I like having.

I understand! We had the option to upgrade to a Family Harbor deluxe ocean view for just $30 which has the split bathroom but DH wanted to try this bridge view.

Besides the missing couch and clunk sounds, there’s also the fact that people can be walking outside the window on the secret deck. The high wind sign prohibiting this has so far been up the whole time but a few have strayed anyway.

I’m fine and we’re comfortable but I’d think the majority of passengers would have preferred the upgrade. And frankly I would have too, but I am always curious about the oddball outlier rooms with unique characteristics and enjoy getting to check them out firsthand. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 9:24 AM, KmomChicago said:

Our room is one of the forward picture window behind a secret deck rooms with more or less the Cap’n’s view of the sea. 

There is a slight noise problem. Every few minutes there’s a shuddering kind of banging sound that is obviously related to the ship’s movement. It is muffly, lol sounds like a cabin door banging on its frame a deck below and is accompanied by vibration. It’s not extremely loud and we slept through it last night but it’s not the tomblike silence I really love. We can also feel a lot of motion so this room might not be a good choice for everyone. 

There are only 2 closets  rather than the usual 3 and no couch, which is sort of irrelevant as it’s always made up into the teen’s bed anyway so we don’t use it for seating. There is room between the bed and bathroom for an easy chair but then perhaps it would feel cluttered which it doesn’t now. 

What deck are you on?  We were on Lido way up front 3 weeks ago and those noises got LOUD, frequent and the movement was something I'd never experienced before on other ships.  The banging got to the point where all 4 of us would be woken up by it and we are all hard sleepers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmukid87 said:

What deck are you on?  We were on Lido way up front 3 weeks ago and those noises got LOUD, frequent and the movement was something I'd never experienced before on other ships.  The banging got to the point where all 4 of us would be woken up by it and we are all hard sleepers.

I’ll reveal the exact location after we debark next Saturday. 

• Like 2

It is the new design of ships on sticks. We had trivia in the Liquid Lounge right before The Wave show. It was only ten questions and we won with 9.6 over the next score of 7. 

I think the regular trivia crowd was over in Ocean Plaza where some other game occurred simultaneously. We are usually not even close to winning against the typical crowd so this is a bit of a lucky break, but we’ll take it where we get it. 

We just rounded Cancun and could make out the line of coastal resorts. 

8A3E6BDC-97D8-48A6-959F-2BA604BDDA64.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@KmomChicago...we went to the IMAX theater when we cruised Vista.  We saw Red Sparrow and we really enjoyed the theater.  There were not even 6 people in the entire theater!  Hope you enjoy your IMAX experience.

About 80 for this show. Nice theater.

• Like 2