Live Island Princess FLL to LA

PatriciaF

7 hours ago, Scottyren said:

Yes, the back two stairwells are both blocked off for COVID quarantine rooms on the Emerald deck.

Thanks - sorry to hear that.  I was looking forward to the only good aft view.  Enjoy the rest of  your cruise!  Plus that's the stairwell closest to my stateroom - so all my plans for getting to Promenade deck I guess will have to change - or is it just getting off on deck 8/Emerald that is blocked off on those stairwells..

Edited by Loveh2ofl

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re getting ready to pass you in the night. How has the weather been so far from where you’re coming from by way of the Panama Canal? The weather from California to here has been great so far. It was a little cool until we started approaching Cabo about 5 days ago, but it definitely has warmed up since.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9215490

Hot humid with some rain

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grover_ said:

If anyone has used the gym - do they have a foam roller available to use?

Yes, I’ve been down there several times. It’s actually a really nice space… for a space with no windows, but there are no foam rollers and no ab balls. Elipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes, several weight machines, and some free weights. 

• Like 1

Will be sailing on Island May 26, how is the ship?just off Enchanted and she was a great ship, wondering about how the buffet is serving, how is internet, is ship nice and clean? Anything else you’ve noticed that you can tell us would be kindly appreciated. Have a great cruise

thank you

Debbie

• Like 1

“Yes, I’ve been down there several times. It’s actually a really nice space… for a space with no windows, but there are no foam rollers and no ab balls. Elipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes, several weight machines, and some free weights. 

Thank you for the information!

Edited by Grover_

10 hours ago, hmatt said:

Will be sailing on Island May 26, how is the ship?just off Enchanted and she was a great ship, wondering about how the buffet is serving, how is internet, is ship nice and clean? Anything else you’ve noticed that you can tell us would be kindly appreciated. Have a great cruise

thank you

Debbie

Buffet has a combo of pre plated items you serve yourself.  Salad bar, hot,dishes, soup, dessert, bread cookies, are served to you.  We are about 55 percent full, so not too many lines anywhere.  Internet seems to work fine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone has gone to specialty dining on this cruise, what was your impression?   We are on the 111 day world cruise and hoping for some variety from the MDR. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 6:54 PM, PatriciaF said:

Sorry…we are in a Club Class mini.  My husband complains the shower curtain still hugs him.  The overall condition of the ship is good.  Meet and Greet discussed missing the International Cafe and Vines.

I'm enjoying your report.  We won't be on the Island until December, and will be in a suite.  Just wondering how you are enjoying club class dining?  We enjoyed it very much on the Coral in 2020.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

Cynthia

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

I'm enjoying your report.  We won't be on the Island until December, and will be in a suite.  Just wondering how you are enjoying club class dining?  We enjoyed it very much on the Coral in 2020.

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.

Cynthia

We are on the World Cruise and also in a Club Class mini and would like to hear more about the dining, etc.

Jan

All folks staying on the cruise got an invitation to come to the Bayou Cafe this morning for a Covid swab.  We went, we’re swabbed, and in a few minutes they told us we are negative!  Now we’re all set for the return journey from LA to Ft Lauderdale.  We have to clear immigration on Wednesday but that’s about it. All our stuff will just stay in our cabin. Princess made the process pretty simple. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, JandKCruisers said:

We are on the World Cruise and also in a Club Class mini and would like to hear more about the dining, etc.

Jan

We like the service and the extra entree option in Club Class.  But unlike our 20 days in Club Class in 2019, the service isn’t perfect.  My husband only drinks Diet Coke and it was on the table within minutes of us sitting down, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Same with my morning coffee order.  But the long break in working may be the biggest reason.  I would think the service will be very polished by then.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, PatriciaF said:

For those of you that aren’t Elite or in a suite, here is the laundry order form.

Self service laundry $3 wash, $3 dry.  Buy tokens with your medallion in the laundry room.  Forgot to check the price of the detergent.

image.jpg

How many days have they offered a fill your bag for one price option?  And at what price?  Thx

22 minutes ago, PatriciaF said:

We like the service and the extra entree option in Club Class.  But unlike our 20 days in Club Class in 2019, the service isn’t perfect.  My husband only drinks Diet Coke and it was on the table within minutes of us sitting down, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Same with my morning coffee order.  But the long break in working may be the biggest reason.  I would think the service will be very polished by then.

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully they will have worked out the kinks by January.

1 hour ago, ggarpss said:

Another question...Is the Princess Book Club still alive?  The last book shown on the website is from June 2021.

I have not seen this option in the Patter.  It has had arts and crafts but overlap with the Shore Excursion presentation.  

21 hours ago, PatriciaF said:

We did Chef’s Table last night. It was excellent. 

How much was the CT on Island and where did they hold it? 

When we were on an extended journey on Island, they had a couple of special dinners with a wine theme in Sabatini's , so it was about 60 guests.  It was like a large-scale WM Dinner.  Hear of that sort of opportunity at all?

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

How much was the CT on Island and where did they hold it? 

When we were on an extended journey on Island, they had a couple of special dinners with a wine theme in Sabatini's , so it was about 60 guests.  It was like a large-scale WM Dinner.  Hear of that sort of opportunity at all?

I think it is $95 held in the back of the Bordeaux dining room.  I think someone on here posted about a Winemakers dinner..but I haven’t seen it.  In fact, I haven’t seen anything about spa specials or similar

On 4/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, voljeep said:

Is "On The Bayou" still a production show? ( even if not in the Universe lounge )

It is scheduled for tonight in Princess Theater.  The production shows were the formal nights.

• Thanks 1