Live Island Princess FLL to LA

PatriciaF

For those of you that aren’t Elite or in a suite, here is the laundry order form.

Self service laundry $3 wash, $3 dry.  Buy tokens with your medallion in the laundry room.  Forgot to check the price of the detergent.

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skid1127 said:

Day 6: 

The app issues worked out Day 3 and no further medallion issues either. Hot tubs finally opened Day 4. I notified our room steward on Day 3 that the air-conditioning was warm and we did not have any cold water in the bathroom, not fixed I used the CrewCall chat app Day 4 to notify them of the same issue, their response was to call concierge. I called concierge the same day and was told by Michael it would be taken care of. Fast forward to morning of Day 6, still warm in the room and no cold water. Concierge doesnt know why it hasnt been fixed. No offer of follow up communication or timeline. My patience is running out.

From our experience if you want cold water in the bathroom you need to book a cool weather cruise.   Sailing in tropical waters will give you warm water on the ship.   If you want cold water fill up a couple of plastic bottles and put them in the refrigerator.   Please let us know if there is some work around.  We just had to deal with it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, waltd said:

From our experience if you want cold water in the bathroom you need to book a cool weather cruise.   Sailing in tropical waters will give you warm water on the ship.   If you want cold water fill up a couple of plastic bottles and put them in the refrigerator.   Please let us know if there is some work around.  We just had to deal with it. 

We live in Florida in the winter and the water from the faucet is never cold, just lukewarm.  When we get to Wisconsin in the summer I love the cold water coming out of the tap. 

• Like 1

The cold water out of the tap should be approximately sea temperature, wouldn't it? It's processed ocean intake, then heated for hot water, but not chilled for cold, I thought.

Just now, Cuedon said:

The cold water out of the tap should be approximately sea temperature, wouldn't it? It's processed ocean intake, then heated for hot water, but not chilled for cold, I thought.

Thats what I thought.   A quick google says average Sea Temp in the Caribbean is around 80 degrees.   

8 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Thanks! - does that mean portside door to aft outside deck is blocked too?  Or not to your knowledge?

Not sure. I passed that deck in the third main stairway back from the front of the ship. If I’m back in the rear stairwell later this week, I’ll take a look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Having taken the Ultimate Ship Tour twice, I can speak to this a little bit. The ship has two sources of fresh water. Water taken on board at ports and water it makes from ocean water. Making fresh water from the ocean water requires what is basically a distillation process where the water is boiled and the steam is distilled into guess what, distilled water. Since distilled water doesn't taste good and isn't really good for you to drink, it's then passed through a mineralizer which adds back the minerals we like. So, since the water is distilled, it doesn't really matter what the temperature of the sea is when the process starts as it probably is still warm when the process completes. That said, if the holding tanks are up against the hull (I don't know, maybe @chengkp75 will chime in), there possibly could be a correlation between the sea temperature and the fresh water.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manderius said:

Its on the Regal, booked as a 21 day Barcelona to Barcelona .. but they do book it in 7 day stages as well, as you know 

Well then, your voyages are actually 7-night voyages and it doesn't matter what they are to you.  That said, Princess may have a testing protocol for B2B passengers when you sail as they have been doing this by contacting guests and having them show up the second last day to take a test in order to be eligible to carry on the next voyage.  So the treatment can be different than if a guest was actually on a 21-night voyage from A to B.

18 minutes ago, Manderius said:

All good , TA finally got back to me and said because I bought as a 21 day and not 2 or 3 separate 7 days cruises as some people did, only test on embarkation. 

I would get that in writing from Princess.  

I am only saying this, because I asked about a 30 day we have, followed by a 10 day and was told every segment we would have to test.  One at 14 day, one at 30 day.  I Didn't matter how it was booked, whether we had booked 30 day or 14 and 16 day. So, I would love if we didn't have to test and possibly get put in quarantine or off the ship. 

Edited by Level six

15 minutes ago, Manderius said:

All good , TA finally got back to me and said because I bought as a 21 day and not 2 or 3 separate 7 days cruises as some people did, only test on embarkation. 

I hope your TA is right as we’re booked on the same 21 day Med cruise on the Regal leaving out of Barcelona on July 2nd. Princess will also be giving complimentary antigen tests at the pier when we get there due to the current 1 day EU negative test requirement. Our plan is to do a home test prior to flying to Barcelona, just to make sure we test negative before making the flight.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 hours ago, Manderius said:

I would not take that to the bank at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I would not take that to the bank at all.

Also, the testing is "for in transit passengers"  (which everyone is if they want to get back on the ship)

It doesn't say, "if you booked 21 days, no problem".  When we had 4 10 day B2B before pandemic everyone had to get an in transit pass whether they had booked 10 or 20 days.  I think everyone is treated the same regardless of your original booking. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Margarita Jane said:

@PatriciaFIf you have a chance, would you see if there is diet tonic onboard? I will be on the TA, and love my vodka and tonics….but for a long cruise, need to save a few calories somewhere!

Thank you for doing this review! 

Just asked at the Lido Bar..no diet Tonic Water.  Yep..might as well drink rum and Coke calorie wise.

• Like 1

Thank you for these live updates. We are on the 2023 WC and are very interested in the condition of Island Princess.  The smallest Princess ship we have sailed on was the old Sun.  At some point if you could post a picture of the shower I want to get a reminder of just how small it is.

Thanks,

Jack

7 hours ago, JackN said:

Thank you for these live updates. We are on the 2023 WC and are very interested in the condition of Island Princess.  The smallest Princess ship we have sailed on was the old Sun.  At some point if you could post a picture of the shower I want to get a reminder of just how small it is.

Thanks,

Jack

Sorry…we are in a Club Class mini.  My husband complains the shower curtain still hugs him.  The overall condition of the ship is good.  Meet and Greet discussed missing the International Cafe and Vines.

We’re getting ready to pass you in the night. How has the weather been so far from where you’re coming from by way of the Panama Canal? The weather from California to here has been great so far. It was a little cool until we started approaching Cabo about 5 days ago, but it definitely has warmed up since.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9215490

On 5/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, Scottyren said:

Not sure. I passed that deck in the third main stairway back from the front of the ship. If I’m back in the rear stairwell later this week, I’ll take a look. 

Yes, the back two stairwells are both blocked off for COVID quarantine rooms on the Emerald deck.

• Like 1