Voyager's Club Changes

Morgsmom

So it was posted that as of 4/28 (today) there would be favorable pricing changes.. um, nope. I was hoping there would be some 5+10% and 5+15% sailings.

Now the $50 OBC is valid on Voyagers only if booked 9-12 months before.  See below for what has changed on the Voyager's Club page.   

In addition, the sparkling wine and chocolate boat have been removed from Diamond Membership perks.  YOWZA.

Voyagers Exclusives Offer

Book in advance and get the most from your MSC Voyagers Club membership.*

-- Book 12+ months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount + Double Points.**
   (Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person)

-- Book 9 to12 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.
   (Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person)

-- Book 6 to 9 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book less than 6 months before departure and receive a 5% Discount.
Edited by Morgsmom
addition
  • Haha 1

Yes, I saw this last night. I booked my October cruise a few nights ago in case the new changes were less favorable but it turns out everything would have been the same anyway since it’s less than six months away. Oh well, the 5+10 and 5+15 were good while they lasted. RIP 😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

So it was posted that as of 4/28 (today) there would be favorable pricing changes.. um, nope. I was hoping there would be some 5+10% and 5+15% sailings.

Now the $50 OBC is valid on Voyagers only if booked 9-12 months before.  See below for what has changed on the Voyager's Club page.   

In addition, the sparkling wine and chocolate boat have been removed from Diamond Membership perks.  YOWZA.

Voyagers Exclusives Offer

Book in advance and get the most from your MSC Voyagers Club membership.*

-- Book 12+ months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount + Double Points.**

-- Book 9 to12 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book 6 to 9 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book less than 6 months before departure and receive a 5% Discount.

Lol, I love this. They are trying their hardest to drive customers away. This is completely insane.

Ty for the update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Where did you see this? I couldn't find the chart with the perks anymore, but the FAQ refers you to the T&C. In there they still have the ship.

However, I am sure that is an older copy and they haven't updated it.

Now that they have reeled in the USA customers MSC are going to stiff all Voyager club members including all those who earned their level and have remained loyal for over Ten years. 

• Like 1

Wow!

In what world of delusion do things not change?

I really wish many of the chronic whiners, would do as they threaten and just leave  .

...but then a circus w/o clowns is not a circus...pass the peanuts!

Enjoy your complaining...errr I mean cruising😃

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NMsunset said:

Wow!

In what world of delusion do things not change?

I really wish many of the chronic whiners, would do as they threaten and just leave  .

...but then a circus w/o clowns is not a circus...pass the peanuts!

Enjoy your complaining...errr I mean cruising😃

Cheers!

I think the issue is that while this is technically a change, it is only a NEGATIVE change. If they took away X but gave Y I don't think people would be upset...but they only took away X.

• Like 1

Hello-

My world perspective is 2/3rds glass full...Love cruising and other travel experiences...work hard and play hard type.

If most of your posts are complaints and/or in general negative...well maybe🤔

Diamond and "earned it", but I do not feel special...the sparkling...you can buy as pre-cruise add-on $18usd...the chocolate boat...always gave away...don't care...the OBC, only for advance bookings... so ~$70-80usd  if the perk gifts really have retail value for you...$50usd OBC if you don't book in advance is for me the only impact.

If you are that tight on budget...how do you afford cruising? much less gasoline/groceries...

Life isn't fair, MSC offers a good (not fantastic) product for a very attractive price.

MSC still most bang for the price overall, you agree...or you would just use another cruise line.

5-15% additional was good while it lasted, like the other poster noted!

Keep it going, I need more peanuts!

Cheers! Life is Good🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NMsunset said:

Hello-

My world perspective is 2/3rds glass full...Love cruising and other travel experiences...work hard and play hard type.

If most of your posts are complaints and/or in general negative...well maybe🤔

Diamond and "earned it", but I do not feel special...the sparkling...you can buy as pre-cruise add-on $18usd...the chocolate boat...always gave away...don't care...the OBC, only for advance bookings... so ~$70-80usd  if the perk gifts really have retail value for you...$50usd OBC if you don't book in advance is for me the only impact.

If you are that tight on budget...how do you afford cruising? much less gasoline/groceries...

Life isn't fair, MSC offers a good (not fantastic) product for a very attractive price.

MSC still most bang for the price overall, you agree...or you would just use another cruise line.

5-15% additional was good while it lasted, like the other poster noted!

Keep it going, I need more peanuts!

Cheers! Life is Good🙂

FYI - I do not crise only MSC. Maybe you do. This year I cancelled 2 RCI cruises for Feb 2022. This year coming up:

2 RCI, 2 MSC, 4 NCL and 1 Celebrity. 

Why do you need to ask if people are on a tight budget? 

You assume that MSC is still the most bang for the price overall. I am going on RCI for 7 days, Central Park Balcony, Diamond+ free drinks, free Internet and for 2 of us the total cost is $1,100. If you are really interested, I have a spreadsheet that I did an analysis on the cost of MSC Seashore and RCI Oasis. Sorry, RCI gives me the biggest bang on this cruise for the buck. No one cruise line can always beat another. 

You sound intelligent and seem to have been around. 

Elephants like peanuts. I'm sure you like other things than peanuts. So, no ore peanuts for you. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hi Oxo-

Glad you are enjoying some cruises!

Like you said, other lines have some great values, RCI deal sounds great...enjoy!

This is the MSC forum and some are complaining about minimal $$$ changes...for me $100-200usd is not a decision factor, hence the comment about tight budget.

Prefer the diversity of MSC passengers and newer fleet...and euro centric food offerings.

PS I also like MI cherries and miss UP sled adventures...Spring in the mitt is awesome, fall in the up❤️

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, NMsunset said:

Hi Oxo-

Glad you are enjoying some cruises!

Like you said, other lines have some great values, RCI deal sounds great...enjoy!

This is the MSC forum and some are complaining about minimal $$$ changes...for me $100-200usd is not a decision factor, hence the comment about tight budget.

Prefer the diversity of MSC passengers and newer fleet...and euro centric food offerings.

PS I also like MI cherries and miss UP sled adventures...Spring in the mitt is awesome, fall in the up❤️

Cheers!

Cheers to you, too. Are you from the UK?

Meh.

We have '23 booked and '24 planned. We were really hoping to score a 5%+15% for '24, since we'll have airfare to Europe as an added expense. When the time comes to pick a European cruise, maybe we go with another Euro-centric company if MSC isn't such a deal.

But, if we're talking about cruising out of the U.S., we'll tolerate some lost value with MSC, because my European wife likes the European vibe. If MSC gets too Americanized, or if the Yacht Club gets too pricey, Silversea's rates on their U.S. port-to-port selections aren't much more expensive than YC. Too bad Silversea seems to offer the P2P price on only a few cruises.

Going back to the pre-troll topic (since I am the OP), I for one DO care about losing 50$/E per sailing.  For all of our 2021/2022 sailings we have received it in Euro, thus the $50US became closer to $60US.  That amount x 2 almost covered the auto gratuity which was great since you can't pre-pay them.  (In fact, on our Oct Divina 7 nighter hubby was stopped trying to disembark because there was a $19 balance on his account and --WHAT??? - his onboard credit card registration at the kiosk didn't work properly).  

So, yeah, $120 is a big deal to some of us.

As far as the Spumante - a nice touch for something that costs the cruise line $3

As others have said, it's about taking AWAY without replacing with something of value.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Going back to the pre-troll topic (since I am the OP), I for one DO care about losing 50$/E per sailing.  For all of our 2021/2022 sailings we have received it in Euro, thus the $50US became closer to $60US.  That amount x 2 almost covered the auto gratuity which was great since you can't pre-pay them.  (In fact, on our Oct Divina 7 nighter hubby was stopped trying to disembark because there was a $19 balance on his account and --WHAT??? - his onboard credit card registration at the kiosk didn't work properly).  

So, yeah, $120 is a big deal to some of us.

As far as the Spumante - a nice touch for something that costs the cruise line $3

As others have said, it's about taking AWAY without replacing with something of value.  

You are 100% correct. We earned those perks cruising MSC over the years.

We have a voice and have the right to express our concern on loosing these perks. It is people like us who keep MSC and other cruise line in business.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

• Like 3

The change is mostly positive for me.    Before Covid-19 I never managed to book a voyagers club (5+5, 5+10 or 5+15) cruise as they were always the older ships and not attractive to me (which of course is the reason they were discounted).   

It was nice the last year or so that every cruise came with 5+15 and €50, but I can understand that is unsustainable.   With the new changes, there is a good chance some of my future cruises will come with the 5+5 and €50.

5 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

The change is mostly positive for me.    Before Covid-19 I never managed to book a voyagers club (5+5, 5+10 or 5+15) cruise as they were always the older ships and not attractive to me (which of course is the reason they were discounted).   

It was nice the last year or so that every cruise came with 5+15 and €50, but I can understand that is unsustainable.   With the new changes, there is a good chance some of my future cruises will come with the 5+5 and €50.

I've always booked 5+15 on newer ships. Perhaps it's a US vs Europe thing.

But, you are saying mostly positive based on hoping you'll get an extra 5% off, which there is no guarantee of and even so you'll need to book well in advance for it.

The gist of your argument is MSC, after nerfing the benefits, will then EXPAND the 5% discount. I've never seen MSC work that way.

23 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

the sparkling wine and chocolate boat have been removed from Diamond Membership perks.  YOWZA.

Oh, great ! DW just became Diamond and joined the Diamond Club on FB. She really is not into alcohols or chocolates, but she knows how much I like both. Same thing happened to us on Celebrity. We were in the Villa and got the monogrammed pajamas, got home and read on CC that those that sailed in RS got both pj's and a robe, so we booked an RS and they changed the perk to only pjs, so no monograms this time (machine was broke). Then I read on FB recently that a boaster received their robes booking a penthouse. This time I made a copy of the post and booked the penthouse. This was all within months since restart. Got on board in penthouse, no robes only pj's. Pulled out my copy of post and concierges went up the chain of command with this copy in their hands. It appears one must be a VIP to now receive the perks. So it is just not MSC.

P.S. Read that they ran out of chocolate ships anyway? Too many Diamonds?

9 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I've always booked 5+15 on newer ships. Perhaps it's a US vs Europe thing.

But, you are saying mostly positive based on hoping you'll get an extra 5% off, which there is no guarantee of and even so you'll need to book well in advance for it.

The gist of your argument is MSC, after nerfing the benefits, will then EXPAND the 5% discount. I've never seen MSC work that way.

My understanding is that the 5+5% now applies to EVERY sailing when booked more than six months in advance, so they have massively expanded the 5+5% off while removing the 5+10% and 5+15%?  Therefore based on my travel history I'm sure I am better off getting an extra 5% off most bookings compared to 15% off no bookings.

• Like 1