Boardwalk Balcony - Advice

hollon

38 minutes ago, hollon said:

Which balcony would you get, Floor 9 or Floor 11, can you see anything or are the slides in the way, any advice I would appreciate. 

Get a higher floor to get away from noise a bit. Join the audience- don’t try to see the show from the balcony. 

These balconies are still good. You can still see the Aqua Theater and ocean, but it was definitely better before the slides. I'm booked in one again next year. If you are in the furthest cabin aft, deck 11 looks superior to deck 9. It looks like the slide comes closest to the balcony at deck 9 and obstructs the view more there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2358343-hoopster-on-harmony-jan-7-14-2017-review-wlots-of-photos/#comment-50746780

Edited by MightyMike

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Get a higher floor to get away from noise a bit. Join the audience- don’t try to see the show from the balcony. 

Lol that's why I choose the very end balcony, so I could see out the aft and look down at the dive show. 

My advice is just the opposite. Those benches I always wind up in at the dive show are hard. Plus I love seeing out the aft. Choose the end.

I think I'm deck 10 on allure. 

• Like 2

We had a nice view from 11329 on Harmony.

The turn of the slide looks much closer to aft balcony on deck 9, though maybe one can see past it when on the balcony; I have not been on the balcony to know.

OP, if you are getting one of the far aft BW balconies hoping to see shows and ocean, I’d pick 11 over 9. 
On the other hand, if your cabin will be closer to the carousel and you’ll be people watching, deck 9 is probably fine.

1 hour ago, CruiserNic said:

So glad to see this response since we have that cabin booked on Oasis this November!! 

We have had 10329 too and loved it.  No noise issues and always an excellent view of whatever was going on at the Aquatheatre.  I do have to say that we had this cabin before the big purple slides were installed.  Have a great time!

• Thanks 1

Second time in boardwalk balcony, never again. Way too much noise this time with people screaming as they come down the slides. Also films shown til midnight, James Bond, really loud, wouldn't mind if you could see it! Slides in the way.

59 minutes ago, eastender said:

Second time in boardwalk balcony, never again. Way too much noise this time with people screaming as they come down the slides. Also films shown til midnight, James Bond, really loud, wouldn't mind if you could see it! Slides in the way.

Some opened up on the WB Wonder TA in Oct. on deck 8 and 9, but after thinking about it and my sensitivity to certain noise situations, I decided against it. I went to a Central Park interior instead (from a regular interior). Had a big price drop.

I think I will be happy with my choice.

We just had a broadwalk balcony on the Oasis overlooking the carousel and did not like the noise, especially at night when the aqua show was on. Even with the balcony door closed, there was too much noise for us.