Post Cruise Covid Test

tigger8792

Is Celebrity still doing the post cruise Covid tests to get back into USA?  When we were on a cruise last summer they tested everyone the last 2 days.  We are doing a Alaskan cruise this summer and ends up in Vancouver and fly home from there.  Thanks for any information  

49 minutes ago, tigger8792 said:

Is Celebrity still doing the post cruise Covid tests to get back into USA?  When we were on a cruise last summer they tested everyone the last 2 days.  We are doing a Alaskan cruise this summer and ends up in Vancouver and fly home from there.  Thanks for any information  

I’m eager to hear responses to this too. The last I saw of Celebrity’s comments about it said there would be testing once OFF the ship. For people flying home to the US that day, it would be on the dock- paid for by customer if booked after 11/21, but free for those booked before that. (I took a screen shot of that page to be sure.) I haven’t been able to confirm that with a Celebrity rep.

• Like 2

I know for us, they are willing to sell us one once we get off the ship, but that would really be too late for us because we have a noon flight. We are bringing our own test and will try to use it either the day before disembarkation or when we are close enough that we have cellular service.

14 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

I know for us, they are willing to sell us one once we get off the ship, but that would really be too late for us because we have a noon flight. We are bringing our own test and will try to use it either the day before disembarkation or when we are close enough that we have cellular service.

The good thing is our flight isn't until 11:30pm 😮

5 hours ago, maxwebr said:

We are planning to take that "at home" test kit on the ship day before, since we have a 10:30am flight back to US. We got our tests through eMed.

Are you planning to use the ships internet?

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 3:03 PM, FirstTeacher said:

I’m eager to hear responses to this too. The last I saw of Celebrity’s comments about it said there would be testing once OFF the ship. For people flying home to the US that day, it would be on the dock- paid for by customer if booked after 11/21, but free for those booked before that. (I took a screen shot of that page to be sure.) I haven’t been able to confirm that with a Celebrity rep.

If you are on a Southampton cruise they did not honor COVID testing post cruise despite my print out of the webpage…if you go there it’s been updated and it’s gone.  Guest relations said it was only for US sailings…fyi

18 hours ago, 360Guy said:

If you are on a Southampton cruise they did not honor COVID testing post cruise despite my print out of the webpage…if you go there it’s been updated and it’s gone.  Guest relations said it was only for US sailings…fyi

We’ll, that really stinks! 

• Like 1

Looks like the first Alaska sailing doesn't get back to Vancouver till May 15th.  Will have to wait and see what happens and how the testing goes.

I read that HAL was going to provide tests, and people over on their board are receiving emails saying that are not going to do this now!  Too much hassle 😞  People are scrambling.

Five of us, all USA citizens, did a 10 day cruise with Celebrity out of Tampa Florida this past March.  Even though we went to 5 different islands (none of the private ones) before returning, no ship employees onboard or at the Tampa port ever said one word about testing when we got off the ship back in the States.  Fastest disembarkation ever! If anywhere Celebrity was offering Covid tests, we never saw it.

15 hours ago, Peteymil said:

And I still haven't found one person who says that the Internet on the ship was just fine for taking their proctored Covid test. This is my big worry.

I have been able to participate in Zoom meetings while on Celebrity ships with the Stream internet package.  I tried for the first time on Solstice in Alaska in 2018.  Been using it ever since.  Always fun to show my work colleagues where I’m working from that day. 🙂

So, the proctored eMed tests should work fine.  If a sea day, you might need to use it super early or late. 

7 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

I have been able to participate in Zoom meetings while on Celebrity ships with the Stream internet package.  I tried for the first time on Solstice in Alaska in 2018.  Been using it ever since.  Always fun to show my work colleagues where I’m working from that day. 🙂

So, the proctored eMed tests should work fine.  If a sea day, you might need to use it super early or late. 

Thank you for this. I really appreciate knowing that someone has had success! Especially from an Algebralovr as I taught Algebra for 28 years!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

Five of us, all USA citizens, did a 10 day cruise with Celebrity out of Tampa Florida this past March.  Even though we went to 5 different islands (none of the private ones) before returning, no ship employees onboard or at the Tampa port ever said one word about testing when we got off the ship back in the States.  Fastest disembarkation ever! If anywhere Celebrity was offering Covid tests, we never saw it.

I was on the Tampa cruise in late February.  As it was a Tampa to Tampa sailing, US citizens do not have to test. They would have only been offering tests to people that needed it to fly to another country.

36 minutes ago, lynncarol said:

You started in the US and ended in the US.  No need for pre-flight testing

25 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

Good to hear

My TA did not know how long one has to quarentine in Canada if positive.  She told me to call the Canadian Consulate...um, no.  I am still leaning toward private car service from Vancouver to Seattle.  Cheaper than trip insurance for our group of 4.  It would require us to switch our flights and add a night in Seattle or Minneapolis.  Still better than quarentining for any length if time in Canada.  Travel, and its complications are not for the faint of heart anymore.  With the significant uptick in Covid cases, we could see additional disruptions down the line

With a recent completion on the Reflection, Celebrity provided COVID testing instructions and said if you booked pre- September 2021 (some date in there, I think), you could have a free COVID test.  If you booked post-September 2021, you would be charged a $100 fee (I think).  Celebrity also specifically said that that fee was 100% the cost of the test through whatever medical provider was providing it and that Celebrity would receive 0% of that amount. I thought that that stipulation was funny -- basically, "we're passing on the entire cost to you, but not keeping any of it."

Per the Celebrity site:  

Re-Entry (to home country)

We will provide eMED Test Kits for purchase for all U.S. guests at debark to satisfy the U.S. re-entry test. eMED Test Kits have telehealth capabilities in order to leverage a quick and convenient home travel test and cost $29.99. A United States address is required to register and utilize these test kits. Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information.

What is meant by telehealth. How does that work.  We are not too computer literate.  

2 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

We are on X Connie RT from Venice (Ravenna) in Sept.   What kind of testing will we need to fly back to the US from Venice.  Things are so complicated.  

The US requires a test within one day of return.  We just returned from a land vacation in Munich and this was a requirement.  We were lucky to find a nearby testing site that offered tests for tourists for only 10 euro.  I suspect by September this test will no longer be a requirement.  In fact, I am hoping within the next month it is dropped.

1 hour ago, CarolRoy said:

Per the Celebrity site:  

Re-Entry (to home country)

We will provide eMED Test Kits for purchase for all U.S. guests at debark to satisfy the U.S. re-entry test. eMED Test Kits have telehealth capabilities in order to leverage a quick and convenient home travel test and cost $29.99. A United States address is required to register and utilize these test kits. Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information.

What is meant by telehealth. How does that work.  We are not too computer literate.  

Telehealth means a consultation with health professionals by phone, or in this case, by Internet video call.  I've done the Abbott proctored at-home tests several times before.  I think it's pretty easy.  You can do everything from signing up to testing from a cell phone or tablet if you prefer, but I do prefer using a laptop if you have access to one.  There's a fair amount of discussion about this test scattered in different threads here, and there are also dozens of YouTube videos that use this test.

Thanks Honolulu Blue.  Appreciate the info but I only have a flip phone and do not have a tablet.  Maybe Celebrity would help me with this while onboard.  I do hope that testing to enter the US would not be required by then (Sept.).  Another reason to cancel our cruise.  We lift and shifted this cruise twice and not sure if X will allow us to do so again.