Celebrity Sky Suite Refurbish Surprises

woldridge

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Yikes!  Wonder what the aft AQ class rooms on Summit have on their big balconies?  Something comfortable, I hope!

Anyone know?

In a aft facing AQ cabin .  We had 2  chairs a small table and a lounger on the Summit post Revolution.  The chairs were the ones that were on balconies pre revolutionizing. 
We are booked on the Summit in a CS rethink that plan.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We always gather up all the chotchkys on the first day and move them to a location out of sight. 

I told my cabin attendant if he is missing any of the HoppenCrap, to check the cupboards on the floor.  That's about all they're good for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Thank you for sharing the pictures and your comments.  We sail in Cabin 6126 on Millie next week, so very helpful.  I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering them:

The strange tub was our only concern in booking a SkySuite.  Is it wide enough or flat to be able to turn around while showering.  I have been in a few hotels where the tub is narrow and hard to maneuver in.

Does the hairdryer have the European or North American plug?  I am trying to figure out where one might dry their hair.

Enjoy your cruise.  With so few passengers, it must be like a private yacht.

3 hours ago, miched said:

Your balcony furniture is way better than what we had on the Summit in Nov 2021. We were in 6132.

Very disappointed with the new design.  Not very functional.   Before the “upgrade” there were walk in closets with lights in them.   They also had shelves in the bathroom that were eliminated.   

I made a comment on another thread that the walls were no longer magnetic and many claimed that I was wrong.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

7228EB91-55DB-4055-906D-AE678EB90E17.jpeg

Yes, those chairs are beyond awful.

• Like 1

How is the Retreat Sundeck?  Just off the Apex and they had about 6 very large umbrellas that provided full to partial shade for 6 or so loungers.  Are there umbrellas or something else to provide shade?

4 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Yikes!  Wonder what the aft AQ class rooms on Summit have on their big balconies?  Something comfortable, I hope!

Anyone know?

We had the regular deck chairs with the foot rests in 2019 which was after renovation. But who knows what is in there now. I will find out in 11 days.

Laura

1 minute ago, Laurab23 said:

We had the regular deck chairs with the foot rests in 2019 which was after renovation. But who knows what is in there now. I will find out in 11 days.

Laura

Hope you can let us know!  Have a great cruise! 

This was great information. We’re just back from 10 days in Constellation 6116, which mostly retains the original M class Sky Suite features. (I now realize we were lucky it wasn’t re-done as planned pre-Covid!)  The ship looked good with a lot of new carpet and furniture.

The SS balcony furniture, though, was changed on Constellation. Small chairs & table, no loungers with footrests. The ridiculous little outdoor loveseat with a rock-hard cushion, a huge waste of space.

I am amazed that the original, dangerous, too tall tubs are still on the two M ships after the Hoppenizing. (I naively assumed they’d replace those.) And with NO grab bars? I needed both bars to get in & out safely.

Accidents waiting to happen. 

Whilst we love the S class PH the Revolution on Silhouette hasn’t been without errors….

No drawers at all in the bathroom! A bathroom big enough to hold a party in and no drawers or cupboards, all open shelving….

image.thumb.jpeg.1840b90b5efc8c1400bc9bf15ed307fa.jpeg

I looked around for several minutes before I finally realised that it must have been designed by someone who had never cruised. We have cruised S PH before (Eclipse) and that definitely had drawers!

We always try to keep our surfaces clear to enable staff to clean easier and more thoroughly (especially in these covid times). We resorted to keeping the bare minimum in the bathroom and having an ‘overspill’ draw in the walk in wardrobe for things like first aid kit, sun lotion etc…

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

How is the Retreat Sundeck?  Just off the Apex and they had about 6 very large umbrellas that provided full to partial shade for 6 or so loungers.  Are there umbrellas or something else to provide shade?

The sun deck is very underused because of lack of shade. There are some coverings over double sun beds, but the sun still comes in.  No umbrellas. There is a pergola over the dining space, but is just wooden slats with no other covering, so mostly sunny. 

We are in the Atlantic arriving in New Jersey tomorrow so it is cooler now. We spent a lovely day up there yesterday once I got my hair under control from the wind!

• Like 1

Was in room 6145 on Mellie, the SS room connecting to PH with separate shower and tub. No storage in bathroom except countertop, not even the niche you have. The 115V plug doesn’t power my 100V Japanese style hairdryer but the desk plug does. The toilet paper holder was behind the toilet. I was not flexible enough to reach it so the roll was left on the edge of bathtub. There is an half inch gap between the bottom of the shower door and the water barrier so the bathroom floor gets very wet after shower. Thank goodness there was always extra dirty towels we can dry the floor. The coffee table was barely big enough for two glasses so we moved the balcony table inside for drinks and snacks. Out balcony did not have any awning so very shiny and useless for more than half of the day. So many bad designs by this lady who “has been on cruise before”. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, whitbob said:

Thank you for sharing the pictures and your comments.  We sail in Cabin 6126 on Millie next week, so very helpful.  I have a few questions if you don’t mind answering them:

The strange tub was our only concern in booking a SkySuite.  Is it wide enough or flat to be able to turn around while showering.  I have been in a few hotels where the tub is narrow and hard to maneuver in.

Does the hairdryer have the European or North American plug?  I am trying to figure out where one might dry their hair.

Enjoy your cruise.  With so few passengers, it must be like a private yacht.

It is like a private yacht, but that is not always a good thing. Only one show a night at 9pm. The buffet only has 1/3 of it open and the choices have little variety and less expensive food is featured. Always Mexican food with a whole station that is mostly chips and toppings plus one other dish like enchilada casserole (seasoned ground beef with what looked like a very thin cornmeal topping), Indian food, pizza, salad bar, pasta bar, dessert bar, three kinds of pre-made sandwiches on small rolls, bread, carving station, maybe one more place of entree food, dessert area and ice cream but no soft serve.

Hair dryer has an American plug. Tub is small. If you are small you could turn around in the shower, but again there is nothing to grab onto except the side glass partitions or the shower pole if you lose your balance. My husband used the shower but I used the tub. I am pretty fit for my age but I needed to use the faucet bar to get out of that dang tub!

Edited by woldridge
  • Thanks 1

Glad I saw this review as we contemplated sailing on Connie. I know now NOT to sail on the revolutionized M class ships, so Connie would be OK. I didn't know about the shower in the SS next to the PH so that is also great to know. 

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think I’ll purchase as suction Grab Bar from Amazon before our Summit cruise next year.  Sad when you have to provide your own safety equipment.  

Many years ago now we were on the Millennium and chatted to an elderly couple in Michael’s who had booked the CS as a treat for their anniversary. Quite simply she could not use the bathtub and he described it as a ‘bit of a challenge’. Far too dangerous for her to even attempt, she was not disabled but small and her balance and mobility were not wonderful. It definitely took the edge off the pleasure of their cruise. Fortunately, they did tell tell the concierge part way through the cruise who was able to get them an empty inside cabin to use to shower in…Not ideal but better than nothing. 

Our butler arranged for us to look at other cabin types on swap over day (we were on a b2b) and we could clearly see the issue…

I think that the CS suites on M class definitely need some sort of ‘unsuitable for the less mobile’ warning and, as you say, some grab rails in many suites would be welcomed by many! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woldridge said:

The sun deck is very underused because of lack of shade. There are some coverings over double sun beds, but the sun still comes in.  No umbrellas. There is a pergola over the dining space, but is just wooden slats with no other covering, so mostly sunny. 

We are in the Atlantic arriving in New Jersey tomorrow so it is cooler now. We spent a lovely day up there yesterday once I got my hair under control from the wind!

It was always busy and popular on every good weather cruise we were on pre Retreat.

54 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

It was always busy and popular on every good weather cruise we were on pre Retreat.

Yes, but with 10X+ the number of potential 'customers' (50 suites, 771 non-suites), it would be expected to be 10X+ busier.

Thanks for letting me see your suite.  No way I would pay the premium that cabin commands.  Not sure I could live in there.  The loss of the walk-in closet is too much.  And as I get older, that tub, which used to be difficult, becomes insurmountable.  I will be changing some reservations.  Thanks again for the heads up!

• Like 1