NCL just cancelled my cruise

43 minutes ago, glennmartin said:

Anyone sailing on the prima 01/22/2023 i have just had an email that due to a private charter the cruise has been cancelled

also the Pearl in Jan

This is absolutely ridiculous!! This cruise was almost full and for them to now boot everyone off who already had it booked is not acceptable. Now we have to cancel plane and hotel reservations and HOPE that we can get our money back. A 10% FCC is not nearly enough to compensate for their shoddy business practice. No more NCL for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

This is absolutely ridiculous!! This cruise was almost full and for them to now boot everyone off who already had it booked is not acceptable. Now we have to cancel plane and hotel reservations and HOPE that we can get our money back. A 10% FCC is not nearly enough to compensate for their shoddy business practice. No more NCL for us.

fully agree and as they have already cancelled the cruise you cannot move to another date just had to rebook at a cost of £10,000 total

34 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

No more NCL for us.

I challenge you to find a cruise line that won't cancel a publicly-available cruise in favor of a charter. 

Don't worry, I'll wait.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We felt the same way about the river cruise line that chartered the boat out from under us after final payment. I told them I no longer wanted their junk mail or junk spam. And we would never consider them again. I don't know how much cruise lines realize what they do to customers, and how many they make into potential passengers who would never consider them again!

11 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We felt the same way about the river cruise line that chartered the boat out from under us after final payment. I told them I no longer wanted their junk mail or junk spam. And we would never consider them again. I don't know how much cruise lines realize what they do to customers, and how many they make into potential passengers who would never consider them again!

They obviously make more off of charters…

2 hours ago, hallux said:

I challenge you to find a cruise line that won't cancel a publicly-available cruise in favor of a charter. 

Don't worry, I'll wait.

“They all do it” doesn’t make it right.

Pax had a contract with NCL, but because NCL has all the lawyers, they write  the contract so they can get away with anything they choose.

Certainly not fair to loyal customers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Pax had a contract with NCL, but because NCL has all the lawyers, they write  the contract so they can get away with anything they choose.

Certainly not fair to loyal customers.

I don’t think anyone is claiming that it is right.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Pax had a contract with NCL

I'm not saying it's right.

A contract that the pax. agreed to, and one that actually says cancellation of the cruise is a possibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hallux said:

Don't worry, I'll wait.

I will take that. Cunard Queen Mary 2 because I think a charter agency might struggle to fill that particular ship.

Just now, bookbabe said:

If anyone is on the Gem Oct 24 2022 cruise, you’re going to get a cancellation notice if you haven’t already, Sixthman added an extra charter that date.

Can cancelled NCL guests using their refunds to get themselves onboard?

Just now, ace2542 said:

Can cancelled NCL guests using their refunds to get themselves onboard?

I think you can use FCC to book a Sixthman charter, but I remember seeing that you have to call, you can’t do it online.  

But if you’re not already on the waitlist for their Oct 29th sailing of the same theme, you’re unlikely to get a cabin.  Huge waitlist for that sailing, was sold out just with the pre-sale and even all the pre-sale registrants couldn’t get cabins.  That’s why they added another date.

• Like 1

Yeah we're really disappointed because we had one of the 11th floor aft-facing haven rooms that retroactively had a hot tub added on the balcony AND our rates were substantially lower having booked early. Oh well.

We're most likely going to book a Celebrity cruise around the same time as we've never been on them and have been looking for an opportunity to try them out. Time to turn this lemon into lemonade! 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

Yeah we're really disappointed because we had one of the 11th floor aft-facing haven rooms that retroactively had a hot tub added on the balcony AND our rates were substantially lower having booked early. Oh well.

We're most likely going to book a Celebrity cruise around the same time as we've never been on them and have been looking for an opportunity to try them out. Time to turn this lemon into lemonade! 🙂

I had that same room and my August sailing was cancelled. 

• Like 1

We had something similar happen to us last October. We were booked on the Pearl for a Greek isles trip, that was cancelled and changed to the Jade. But we were told we had to rebook at the new (much higher) prices. Ended up switching to RCC which was doing a similar itinerary just a day earlier. Easy change in our flights to come in one day early, then book a 1-way from Athens to Cyprus, and change the return flight from Athens to Cyprus. No charge from the airlines (other than the new 1-way flight on Olympia Air for about $100), and the RCC trip was cheaper. So instead of a 2br non-Haven suite on the NCL Pearl, we were in an owners suite on the RCC Jewel of the Seas for less money.

It sucks, but it happens. I too had my grumpy fit of "I'm never sailing NCL again"... and I've got 5 more trips either under my belt or coming up with them. Have your grumpy moment, then look to see how you can salvage your flights/hotels and move on.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

They obviously make more off of charters…

Maybe in the short run, but when cruisers who have already booked them will never book them again, that is a long term loss. I know we will never, ever consider again the river cruise line that chartered our ship out from under us.

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

If anyone is on the Gem Oct 24 2022 cruise, you’re going to get a cancellation notice if you haven’t already, Sixthman added an extra charter that date.

I thought the added Kiss cruise was on the Jewel for the 24th.