Me, Myself & I, First Solo Live Cruise on Allure…May 8-14

Was there any additional entertainment besides Mama Mia, the ice show, the water show and the comedians? I saw on a prior cruise compass there was “a night with Adele” (a cover singer). Just wondering if there was anything like that in addition to the entertainment that is always on board. Thanks! Great review!

6 hours ago, wannab4Ecruiser said:

Was there any additional entertainment besides Mama Mia, the ice show, the water show and the comedians? I saw on a prior cruise compass there was “a night with Adele” (a cover singer). Just wondering if there was anything like that in addition to the entertainment that is always on board. Thanks! Great review!

Hmm not sure, I pretty much was in my cabin by 10 pm 

17 hours ago, wannab4Ecruiser said:

I can't answer specifically for Allure right now, but all Oasis Class ships have live entertainment in many places.  Jazz bands in the jazz club, latin bands in Boleros, various genre bands in Dazzles (often a cover band for a rock group) and the Royal Promenade, guitar singer in the pub, quieter guitar and 3 or 4 piece groups in Central Park.  It's one of the reasons that I like Oasis Class so much.  Something for everyone.

Edit: Almost forgot...piano singer in the Schooner Bar.  Usually one of our favorites.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Yes! His favorite band

Tell him a random on the internet thinks he has the best taste. They’re one of our favourites too 🙂🙂

Thanks for doing the report….and not just because of Tool!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can't answer specifically for Allure right now, but all Oasis Class ships have live entertainment in many places.  Jazz bands in the jazz club, latin bands in Boleros, various genre bands in Dazzles (often a cover band for a rock group) and the Royal Promenade, guitar singer in the pub, quieter guitar and 3 or 4 piece groups in Central Park.  It's one of the reasons that I like Oasis Class so much.  Something for everyone.

Edit: Almost forgot...piano singer in the Schooner Bar.  Usually one of our favorites.

Yes, same on Anthem.  They had 2 wonderful cover bands in the theatre on my Easter sail.  One of them was a "Beatles Extravaganza" and they were very good.  Brought back some good memories. 

The second was even better "Frankie and the Dreamers".  A take off on Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons/Jersey Boys.  They were so good and well received that they performed at the farewell show, minus a member.  Suspicion was Covid related and some also thought that "We will rock you" was also impacted by the virus as it was never shown.  The comedian that substituted for them made jokes that Royal did not want to take a chance due to the ship's movement, but they did not care about him.

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Did Royal have any special events for solo cruisers?  Any kind of "Meet-n-Mingle" type of events? 

Or was that all left for social media aka FB or Roll Calls? 

There was a Solo meet up first day at Schooner Bar around 4:30-5:00 but I did the Meet and Greet that was organized by our private Facebook group and CC group. Great fun and I also did the organized slot pull which was a blast. I highly suggest joining either groups or both, the solo meet up I saw was on RC planner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swanhaven said:

Tell him a random on the internet thinks he has the best taste. They’re one of our favourites too 🙂🙂

Thanks for doing the report….and not just because of Tool!

Haha I will. We saw the Fear Inoculum tour back in 2019

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yep, the piano singer was good!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 2:51 PM, wannab4Ecruiser said:

I saw Adele aka Amy Jo Slater on the Allure April 16th cruise. I think she was also on the next one but not sure. I didn't pay attention to the entertainment schedule last week since I wasn't able to do anything.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:56 AM, ReneeFLL said:

@UkigirlGlad you had a great cruise. It's always so much fun going home to hubby and the fur balls.

Spending a bit of time apart was good, we appreciate each other so much more ❤️