Me, Myself & I, First Solo Live Cruise on Allure…May 8-14

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Have you been to the Wawa that is about 1 mile from Orange Lake on #192..............That is where our timeshare is located at.................Good to see them in Florida now,  we used to live in NJ also. No Wawa now here in Virginia. Miss them !!

No but I know where that is. I briefly worked in Kissimmee 20+ years ago and I think my wife has a friend whose husband works at Orange Lake Resorts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

According to Bing, there are 223 Wawa locations in Virginia.

Really we have been an 70 miles south and 70 miles north of zipcode 24324 and haven't see one.............Think they are all near Washington, DC Much farther north then where we are. We are about an hour from TN. Southwest corner.

Nearest Wawa is in Charlottesville, VA  which is 175 miles , 2 hours and 45 minutes from me........................little to far for a sub.

Plenty of Subways here, really enjoying them more then Wawa. Subways Hoagie rolls(bread) is better.

Edited by Jimbo

32 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Let me know if you want anything looked up, I just reserved Aqua Show, Mama Mia and Comedy show for the week, passing on Ice show.

No paper copy of cruise planner for today, hopefully tomorrow.

You may need to ask for the paper version.  On my recent Anthem Cruise, my son and DIL asked our cabins steward why they weren't getting the paper version and I was.  They were told that only those Pax 65+ are getting them.  I assume that Royal thinks that those over at 65+ aren't techie enough.😜

And yet, I was having so much trouble with the APP in making reservations for the North Star and unable to make reservations in person.  Finally asked the DL Concierge to make them for me.

Edited by nelblu
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I see you finally departed almost two hours later than scheduled.   Did you hear the cause for the delay? 

No... someone said something about police on board needing to clear something,  but nothing official 

7 hours ago, edrussell said:

Will be following along.  There aren't that many solo trip reports on CC so it is fantastic to read along and get the perspective of a solo cruiser.  Enjoy the sailing.

As someone who is considering a solo cruise, I agree. 

• Like 2

We didn’t depart until after 6:00, not sure why. Long line at Windjammer and just some random pics, we are headed towards blue skies and leaving the nastiness behind. 

80DCE2D3-1F87-4EBE-822D-85706A621E9A.jpeg

1F746664-D127-4353-B9CF-9E20D41191F2.jpeg

668210C5-3E2B-4416-836F-228141405283.jpeg

FEEFAA56-AB7B-497D-9C9C-512A50609558.jpeg

032F0F8B-D794-41A1-8D29-E6E03C413A48.jpeg

C2998AD4-53D3-4216-8B55-05C5A2336265.jpeg

F0AA6FFA-9FC8-41EF-A2E5-95421553D389.jpeg

• Like 11

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I see you finally departed almost two hours later than scheduled.   Did you hear the cause for the delay? 

All I heard was a “technical issue” but captain did keep announcing every few minutes that there were over 500 passengers who didn’t complete muster. If that’s the case I’m sure he would have said “buh bye” and sailed away 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom_n_Sara said:

We were supposed to be on board with you all, but covid showed its ugly face.... 🤒😡 so i am looking forward to following your review!

Oh so sorry to hear, hope you recover quickly. The anticipation of that test was most stressful part of the process! I’m curious if you received credit for future cruise?

• Like 1

Early night for me, I’m such a lightweight. I did go to the meet and greet at Schooner Bar and met some great people. I was encouraged to go to MDR for dinner and ask to sit with other solo cruisers so I’ll definitely do it sometime this week. Any other suggestions or “dares” from you guys would be great. It’s a beautiful morning, I walked around ship before the crowd and took some pics 

F8FE1F22-F9C3-406B-B614-19183F3B8EB5.jpeg

06975A81-E1F7-41BF-8BDF-40CB8D4B6F25.jpeg

AE8039BA-A7AB-4DD4-9BDD-6AE05740B8A1.jpeg

1C5DACD3-F085-4925-8721-C94AFD53D2A3.jpeg

C019D51A-96E2-4110-B0C5-CF14716F8122.jpeg

• Like 3

Enjoy your solo cruise!! I cruise more often with my kids and my mom than I ever do with my husband and my mom was/is the same way with my dad. They say sometimes you marry someone exactly like your parent and boy did I (lol). Neither my dad nor my husband do well on vacations over 4-5 days in length, they both get too antsy and somewhat homesick. Thus, anything a week or longer, it's my mom and my kids and I on the road. I have not done a true solo vacation but it is in my future!! 

I also just downloaded this book because the Star Tribune review made me the most curious 😄

Happy sailing and looking forward to joining from my kitchen table! 

• Like 1

Great report so far! We will be boarding Allure on 5/14, so following along. Right now just nervous about getting passing the covid test.

Looking forward to more pics and your report!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Oh so sorry to hear, hope you recover quickly. The anticipation of that test was most stressful part of the process! I’m curious if you received credit for future cruise?

We could have but we just did the cash back. The worst part for us was that we had gotten a Black Friday deal on Coco Cay, and are unlikely to see it that cheap when we book another cruise.

Enjoying your pictures!

Since we also had to cancel this cruise 6 days ago for medical reasons (not covid related), we will be following along with your posts.  Have a wonderful time.  Of course we took a future cruise credit and will be booking again.

The Allure is one of our favorite ships.  Enjoy!

Edited by susan bt

We will be on the Allure in July 9th. It will be 4 of us in connecting cabins. Myself husband and 2 teen daughters. We are flying in a day early too. And flying back a day after the cruise ends. Looking forward to your review. How crowded is it? What is the Windjammer? Can you post some pictures of the pool and pool area? The last time I criused was in 2005. Thanks.

Elizabeth