Me, Myself & I, First Solo Live Cruise on Allure…May 8-14

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

OH NO Renee! That's terrible news. I guess you will have the definitive word on the soup containers. :classic_sad:

😆 Yes I will see what they are like. Soup containers or coffee cups won’t make a difference to me. They both hold liquids and I can drink from either. 🥂 I’m not really expecting any problems or issues in my dungeon (I say that in jest). As long as they feed me I’ll be ok.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

After the show I ordered one of my faves, cucumber jalapeño margarita and walked around enjoying the sights. Tomorrow I’ll try the avocado 🥑 margarita

Let me know which you like better. My BIL/SIL are taking the fam to Sabor on Harmony at the end of the month so I feel obligated to try one of them with a D voucher.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

😆 Yes I will see what they are like. Soup containers or coffee cups won’t make a difference to me. They both hold liquids and I can drink from either. 🥂 I’m not really expecting any problems or issues in my dungeon (I say that in jest). As long as they feed me I’ll be ok.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Now I wished he hadn’t been able to. I tested positive for covid and will get moved to a covid room in the morning. I’m hoping he doesn’t get it. I’ve spent about 102 days on ships since September and it finally caught up with me. 😩 🤕

Sorry to hear that Renee, seems these stories are more and more likely since there is pretty much no longer any protocols being done onboard. Report back if you can when things settled down just how full the quarantine area is where they put you. Did they tell you how many days you have to be down there? What are your symptoms? Overall how bad is it?

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Now I wished he hadn’t been able to. I tested positive for covid and will get moved to a covid room in the morning. I’m hoping he doesn’t get it. I’ve spent about 102 days on ships since September and it finally caught up with me. 😩 🤕

I am so sorry for you.

Be safe

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oh no! I’ve tried walking instead of taking elevator, yesterday had one all to myself and then next floor all these people piled on, felt like sardines in a tin can 😷I know there’s always a chance no matter how many precautions you take. Hope your symptoms are mild and that you recover quickly!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sorry you tested positive!    

Maybe to pass the time, start a “Live from Quarantine” thread.   A couple posts a day, and you’ll get the rare ship icon.   Bet you’ll have a large following,

Seriously, hope you have minor symptoms, and get well quickly 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Let me know which you like better. My BIL/SIL are taking the fam to Sabor on Harmony at the end of the month so I feel obligated to try one of them with a D voucher.

I’ll let you know tonight!

Great review. Thank you for all the pics and I love your writing style. One question which Embassy Suites did you stay at in Fort Lauderdale? Was it close to the terminal? 

Have a Kraken Colada for me. Any liquor shortages?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Great review. Thank you for all the pics and I love your writing style. One question which Embassy Suites did you stay at in Fort Lauderdale? Was it close to the terminal? 

Have a Kraken Colada for me. Any liquor shortages?

I will, one of my favorites. So far everything I’ve ordered is available. I know you are a bourbon fan so I’ll make it my mission to find out. Yep, the one close to terminal and it was fine for one night. Our favorite is Lago Mar, not to be confused with Mara 😖, but that’s more of a place to enjoy for a week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 6:22 AM, molly361 said:

I'm still getting used to the cruising solo thing. Not loving it but I have no choice.   I enjoy chatting with people at the bar but so far have been sitting by myself at dinner.  Not a fan of eating with strangers but that's just me.  A lot of solo cruisers that I know just eat in the WJ but for now I'm good with the MDR.  Have the 3 night dining package for today's cruise.  Going to Jamies, 150 CP and Chops.

I have only been on 2 cruises and then the pandemic happened. The first time we had a fantastic group of gals (single mom and two daughters) that kept up entertained at the table. One daughter was crushing on my son. Some other table mates rarely showed up and when they did, they were friendly and had a teen grandson that spent most of the cruise looking for his lost hat.

Now during our second cruise, our table mates were some really interesting couple traveling with their daughter. It seems now that I think about it, we were travelling with our son and they purposely did that to get the teens to mingle and grouped us with other families with teens. Anyway, our second cruise table mates were always fighting and tipsy and though it should have been more embarrassing for them it was entertaining for us all. It seemed like we were all in that dysfunctional temporary cruise family .. LOL!

Breakfast on both cruises was a bit more fun, because we sat with people that really wanted to mingle it seems like and just positive conversation.

We cruise again in a few months (since pandemic) without my son, so it will be just the husband and I. I don't know if we will opt for sitting with others or request a booth to be alone. We will see how adventurous we feel at that time.

Edited by DeniD

Hi, Loving your review! We were on the Allure on March and started most evenings in the Pub. There is a very nice Ukrainian bartender in there and we had several conversations with him. Also he makes an AMAZING espresso martini!!! We'll be back on again next month and cant wait to see him again! 

13 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

I will, one of my favorites. So far everything I’ve ordered is available. I know you are a bourbon fan so I’ll make it my mission to find out. Yep, the one close to terminal and it was fine for one night. Our favorite is Lago Mar, not to be confused with Mara 😖, but that’s more of a place to enjoy for a week.

We are looking forward to hearing more about your cruise. :classic_biggrin: How was dinner with your new friends? Hopefully you are out enjoying the evening as well. :classic_smile:

20 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Oh no! I’ve tried walking instead of taking elevator, yesterday had one all to myself and then next floor all these people piled on, felt like sardines in a tin can 😷I know there’s always a chance no matter how many precautions you take. Hope your symptoms are mild and that you recover quickly!

Hey, will you please send down a couple of chocolate martinis to cabin 3200? Be sure not to get caught. 😄 🍸🍸🍸

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

We are looking forward to hearing more about your cruise. :classic_biggrin: How was dinner with your new friends? Hopefully you are out enjoying the evening as well. :classic_smile:

I got stood up! Waited about half hour and no one showed up, unfortunately I didn’t have contact info. I’m thinking that maybe too much fun in Costa Maya but oh well. Walked around Windjammer and food selections didn’t appeal to me. Then I was turned down at Sabor because I didn’t have reservations even though the place was 3/4 empty😡. I decided to treat myself to tapas at Vintages and it was delicious. Started talking to only other couple in there and we ended up having a great conversation for almost two hours. After that I walked around ship. Found Richard Branson and stalked him 😬, followed him into the shop, figured he’d offer to buy me a Brietling or at least a Rolex or two, hell or the entire inventory 😏

Finished my evening on the balcony enjoying my leftovers 

3600E57C-0E33-4C67-B796-2E68545663C3.jpeg

D4388428-CB6C-43FC-9C3A-B4FE2837781F.jpeg

EF0228CB-30BF-400B-8E90-2B0B0A27804F.jpeg

EE7E101D-C070-44E5-A124-86B9C06933F5.jpeg

B31AAAB8-50CD-43BF-91EB-F9173DAEF40B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/8/2022 at 5:22 AM, molly361 said:

I'm still getting used to the cruising solo thing. Not loving it but I have no choice.   I enjoy chatting with people at the bar but so far have been sitting by myself at dinner.  Not a fan of eating with strangers but that's just me.  A lot of solo cruisers that I know just eat in the WJ but for now I'm good with the MDR.  Have the 3 night dining package for today's cruise.  Going to Jamies, 150 CP and Chops.

I have sailed solo  for a number of years.  I find a table of 8 provides a good mix usually - if not after a night or two ask for a table change.  Last cruise someone on roll organized a table of 12.  Also provided familiar faces that you met up again on excursions or bar or  wherever on ship.  Don't mind windjammer for breakfast or lunch but find it "lonely" for dinner.