Wonder or Odyssey with 2 16-year-old boys

I know Wonder vs Odyssey has been debated to death, but please humor me here!  We are considering both of those ships for Spring Break 2023, and we'll be taking our 16-year-old son and a friend of his.  I'm very familiar with the differences between the two ships, but based ONLY on which ship you think 2 17-year-old boys would enjoy more, which would you pick?

2 minutes ago, iujen94 said:

I know Wonder vs Odyssey has been debated to death, but please humor me here!  We are considering both of those ships for Spring Break 2023, and we'll be taking our 16-year-old son and a friend of his.  I'm very familiar with the differences between the two ships, but based ONLY on which ship you think 2 17-year-old boys would enjoy more, which would you pick?

Either one is good choice. Slides on Wonder, iFly and bumper cars on Odyssey.  Probably should ask them.Both ships are port intensive, so it's not the same as a lazy Caribbean cruise.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

If you haven't booked yet I would say go with the one that has the best pricing for you. They'll have equal amount of fun on both. I did my first cruise at that age and it was a cheap, basic Carnival boat 15+ years ago and I had a good time with my brother. Fun is what you make of it. The ship is not going to make anything fun for someone at that age. Being boys they should have no problem enjoying themselves even on the smallest of boats, let alone a Royal ship.

We've just got off Odyssey and my 13 year old loved the facilities for teens. He's always hated "kids clubs" with a passion but this time he's been asking us to go. 

I've not sailed Wonder but we have been on Harmony and it was great and my kids all loved it but I do think they enjoyed the kids/teens facilities on Odyssey more. 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:32 AM, Jkaczanowski said:

As a mom of a 15 and 14 yo, Wonder was disappointing.  1 flowrider is just not enough to support the passenger load on an oasis class ship.  Odyssey all the way. 

On Odyssey now and the ship is packed. Everything is “sold out” so I don’t think the class ship matters. A full Odyssey ship gets close to a full Wonder ship.

My boys really loved the Odyssey (haven't been on Wonder, but have been on Symphony). They loved the bumper cars, the sky diving simulation and all of the teen activities including that the teens had their own outside deck. 

They had a great time on Symphony as well, but said they like the Odyssey better. As others mentioned, if they want to do sports stuff, the Wonder would be better. My kids aren't sports kids. 

They were 18 and 13 on board if that helps. But honestly, can't go wrong either way!

I haven't been on either (although have both booked for future) but have been on Symphony and on Anthem which are similar to Wonder and Anthem.

For your boys, I would look at the activities.  Would they prefer:

• waterslides (water and dry), zipline, ice skating, or
  • bumper cars, sky pad, virtual reality activity, iFly, North Star (last three cost extra)

Both have things like rock wall, flowrider, pools, teen clubs, sports

If restaurants are important, Wonder may have more variety.

I imagine you can't go wrong with either but it's a matter of preference.