Daily Cabin Clean up

16 hours ago, kafei van said:

I have my Alaska cruise with Serenade of the Seas on May 22 which is 2 weeks from now. Due to the Covid hanging around I will sanitize my cabin with Lysol spray and wipes on the first day and tell my cabin steward not to do the daily clean-up for my cabin, just to replace daily with clean towels, empty garbage can and place it inside my cabin hallway. This way I will feel safer as nobody have touch anything in my cabins that I need to wipe again. Any comment?

I think it’s too soon for you to return to cruising 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, cruiselvr04 said:

If you don't want service just say so.  They will do what you ask.  Just keep the tips in place.

I agree with cruiselvr04, this is YOUR vacation.  If you are more comfortable with no service, just tell them that and keep the tips in place.  I still wear my mask inside on ships; not on deck. I've had passengers laugh at me for doing that but guess what?  I really don't care.  Since the mask-wearing started I've not had a cold, flu, virus, etc. and I really love not being sick. So I repeat, it's YOUR vacation and you should do what makes you comfortable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We asked for morning only service. We noted security at a nearby cabin confronting the person because she refused her attendants entry. They were concerned she was hiding hwr covid case. Moral of the story: take reasonable precautions but don't deceive or act paranoid. 

• Like 1

I always ask not to worry about my room.  

All I need is ice every morning.  
I’ve been this way ever since I started to cruise.    
I can make my own bed.  

I don’t like my bed all made up and tucked like a burrito. Lol.  
“tuck ,no tuck Jerry?”  

and yes the first thing I do when I meet my room steward is give them a 10.00 spot.    

And say just keep the ice flowin.  
And then a few 5.00’s here and there.  

I’ll ask for new towels when I need them.    

has nothing to do with covid.  
 I just like straightening out my own bed,  I’m an early riser and make the bed first thing.  But that’s just me.    And me little quirk.  

Just like Ptroxx, pre-covid we never had our room serviced.  We would ask for

fresh towels when needed. I make our bed, and kept the room neat.  Not

really necessary for us to have someone cleaning up behind us.  And yes we

still paid with extra tip. Not their fault I don't need someone cleaning constantly.

Just need fresh towels.  But I have not cruised sensed they started back. Will start

again 2023. I plan on doing the same thing.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, kafei van said:

I have my Alaska cruise with Serenade of the Seas on May 22 which is 2 weeks from now. Due to the Covid hanging around I will sanitize my cabin with Lysol spray and wipes on the first day and tell my cabin steward not to do the daily clean-up for my cabin, just to replace daily with clean towels, empty garbage can and place it inside my cabin hallway. This way I will feel safer as nobody have touch anything in my cabins that I need to wipe again. Any comment?

Covid paranoia.  Lysol only kills the weakest of germs, get a $1 throwaway poncho from Walmart to use as you roam the ship.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We asked for morning only service. We noted security at a nearby cabin confronting the person because she refused her attendants entry. They were concerned she was hiding hwr covid case. Moral of the story: take reasonable precautions but don't deceive or act paranoid. 

My last cruise we forgot to flip the "do no disturb" magnet one evening. I thought for sure the covid police would be knocking on our door.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, kafei van said:

Only you can truly define your comfort zone.  Here's mine:

I have been vaccinated twice and boostered twice.  I know my cabin has been thoroughly sanitized before I got on the ship, because in the last 3 months I have been on 10 b2b cruises on 3 ships.  I've seen what they do on turnaround day.

I wear a mask in airports and airplanes.  That's all day if I'm flying from CA to FL.  I take it off to eat or drink.  I sit next to the window on the plane, if I can.

I also know the daily cleaning is best for me, because all the surfaces are cleaned, the bathroom is sanitized, and the carpets are vacuumed.  

I use hand sanitizer liberally when I come back in the cabin.

I wear a mask when I'm walking around the ship, and only take it off to eat or drink.  I keep the mask on when I'm in port in crowded outdoor situations, and always indoors.

I know this is working, because with 10 cruises since mid-February, I have tested negative for COVID 13 times (they stopped testing on b2b cruises in early May).

• Like 2