Carnival share price

Bin man

21 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Mine took 3 days a couple of weeks ago.Then a couple of days later had a confirmatory email from my TA with a revised P&O invoice showing the added credit

Brian

Thanks Brian I'm sure I'll hear something soon.

1 hour ago, JDB78 said:

When you've emailed in the past has it taken long for a response? Received an instant auto response to say email received but then nothing. Emailed quite late on Wednesday but just presumed would have heard something yesterday or today?

It took about 10 days last year

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 6:58 PM, JDB78 said:

Thanks for that, just one question everything I have done is on-line. I can see my portfolio within the app but beyond the fact it shows the following I'm not sure this counts as proof of ownership?

Anyone any ideas?

Screenshot_20220518-185615_Freetrade.jpg

For my recent request they accepted the share purchase contract note as proof of ownership - not sure if that's easily available from freetrade as bought mine via HL

Sent a picture of my HL statement showing date and number of shares and my name - account etc redacted. auto receipt, then about 4 working days that it had been applied. this was a few weeks ago ready for my july cruise

10 hours ago, Ukdw said:

For my recent request they accepted the share purchase contract note as proof of ownership - not sure if that's easily available from freetrade as bought mine via HL

A contract note only proves that you purchased the shares at a certain date and does not prove current ownership. It might be accepted if the purchase was within three months but why go down this path when you can print off a current statement.

Brian

3 hours ago, BrianI said:

A contract note only proves that you purchased the shares at a certain date and does not prove current ownership. It might be accepted if the purchase was within three months but why go down this path when you can print off a current statement.

Brian

Good point, however as I had only purchased the shares before they were not appearing in my previous investment report - which is I presume the HL equivalent of a statement.  I also included a HL app screen print.    Not looking forward to next time as it looks like there is loads of stuff the redact in the investment report if that's the best document to send next time

Edited by Ukdw

On 5/20/2022 at 2:39 PM, JDB78 said:

Thanks Brian I'm sure I'll hear something soon.

Hi was just wondering what you actually sent off in the end using Free trade. I've had a free trade account a while but haven't yet bought carnival shares. Thanks 

18 hours ago, Jackforever17 said:

Hi was just wondering what you actually sent off in the end using Free trade. I've had a free trade account a while but haven't yet bought carnival shares. Thanks 

I tried 1st of all with a picture of my portfolio as not yet had my 1st statement. That didn't work, but followed up with what I believe is called a "market buy contract note". Basically on your activity click the transaction where you've bought the shares and comes up with the contract note. Guess it's a type of receipt. That seemed to do the trick as within a couple of days, I received an updated booking confirmation and then a confirmation email as well.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this post - I had no idea about the OBC  if you were a shareholder.  Have just bought 102 shares, which'll net us a few extra beers for our upcoming cruise on Britannia.  Didn't catch it when it was 884 per share but still under 1,000, so I'll take it as a win 🙂

53 minutes ago, kfulwell said:

Thanks for this post - I had no idea about the OBC  if you were a shareholder.  Have just bought 102 shares, which'll net us a few extra beers for our upcoming cruise on Britannia.  Didn't catch it when it was 884 per share but still under 1,000, so I'll take it as a win 🙂

Out of interest, why did you buy 102 shares, rather than 100 ?

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Out of interest, why did you buy 102 shares, rather than 100 ?

Simply because I put £1,000 in to my shares app, and that was how many shares it bought me 🙂

On 5/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, Ukdw said:

Good point, however as I had only purchased the shares before they were not appearing in my previous investment report - which is I presume the HL equivalent of a statement.  I also included a HL app screen print.    Not looking forward to next time as it looks like there is loads of stuff the redact in the investment report if that's the best document to send next time

I did have 100 share of Carnival and asked HL what to do about proving to P&O about ownership. They told me to contact them, you can do this on HL website, they will then contact P&O nearer your sailing time to prove you still have the shares.

Sorry a newbie question, our cruises are booked in my name but my husband would be the one to buy shares, as he already had a shares account. Would he still get the onboard spend perk from the shares or would I have to change the lead passenger name to his?

8 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry a newbie question, our cruises are booked in my name but my husband would be the one to buy shares, as he already had a shares account. Would he still get the onboard spend perk from the shares or would I have to change the lead passenger name to his?

No, he will just get OBC under his name. But as the two accounts are amalgamated at the end of the cruise it will cover both spends. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

No, he will just get OBC under his name. But as the two accounts are amalgamated at the end of the cruise it will cover both spends. 

So he will have to apply for the shareholder benefit in is own name?

Can he do that if he is not the lead passenger?

If both passengers had the required 100 shares only one can claim the benefit?

34 minutes ago, davecttr said:

So he will have to apply for the shareholder benefit in is own name?

Can he do that if he is not the lead passenger?

If both passengers had the required 100 shares only one can claim the benefit?

Yes he can. He doesn’t have to be the lead passenger. You are right that it is only one claim per cabin. 

• Thanks 1