Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

21 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

sj_cavy:   If you are referring to Club Class over not Club Class (CC) - this option is available when you book a mini suite only. We have CC on the 26th June cruise because DH (Dear Husband) wanted to try it out.

Nope, no Club Class for us, maybe one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sj_cavy said:

My question is for when you get on board, do you find any difference other than decor? Do you prefer one of the other? The app gives the option of both rooms.

Thanks to all the comments. It’s great for learning more. On our first cruise we didn’t go to the MDR very often as there were issues with communication and expectations within the group we were with. I want to make the most of this cruise and I’m not sure if I should start booking for the MDR and what times to book for the different days. I want to push myself outside my comfort zone and meet more people. 

We love MDR as often as we can !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

We love MDR as often as we can !

I agree. We only use the buffet as a last resort. The MDR is far more relaxing. I'm looking forward to trying the suite breakfast in Sabatinis too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I agree. We only use the buffet as a last resort. The MDR is far more relaxing. I'm looking forward to trying the suite breakfast in Sabatinis too.

Us too! It might be my only ever suite experience so I’m hoping to max out every benefit lol. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

Nope, no Club Class for us, maybe one day.

We did Club Class on the Ruby 2020 because it was an amazing price, we literally booked 3 weeks before sailing (as we had just sold our house and promised ourselves a cruise to relax afterwards LOL). We loved it. This time resuming cruising we have a suite for 4 B2B which we think is cheaper than going into a nice hotel for a couple of weeks, given that everything is included. Cruise bargain hunting is a popular pastime lol.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Us too! It might be my only ever suite experience so I’m hoping to max out every benefit lol. 

Morning - another one to add to your Q&A if you will - please;

Cabin power points - are they US/EU, or did they manage to add an AUS outlet? You may have to talk to the “common folk”  in balcony and oceanview etc to double check - though if your suite doesn’t have AU outlet, pretty sure no other cabins will 🙄 

Even a photo for the “non believers” (sure they have been changed to AU) will help the cause 🤞

Thanks in advance 🤗

(if this is on your ‘to check’ list already, please ignore 😎)

Cheers, Rose.

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Cabin power points - are they US/EU, or did they manage to add an AUS outlet? You may have to talk to the “commoners” 😉 in balcony and oceanview etc to double check - though if your suite doesn’t have AU outlet, pretty sure no other cabins will 🙄 

Even a photo for the “non believers” (sure they have been changed to AU) will help the cause 🤞

Thanks in advance 🤗

Cheers, Rose.

That will definitely be useful information.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

Cabin power points - are they US/EU, or did they manage to add an AUS outlet? You may have to talk to the “commoners” 😉 in balcony and oceanview etc to double check - though if your suite doesn’t have AU outlet, pretty sure no other cabins will 🙄 

Thanks in advance 🤗

Cheers, Rose.

Im pretty sure its on my list but I'll be sure to let you know lol. Given that I will jump on a cruise on an inside if thats all that is available I am definitely a regular commoner lol

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Im pretty sure its on my list but I'll be sure to let you know lol. Given that I will jump on a cruise on an inside if thats all that is available I am definitely a regular commoner lol

No you aren’t - you are about to cruise - way above commoner to us 🤩🥳

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Cabin power points - are they US/EU, or did they manage to add an AUS outlet? You may have to talk to the “common folk”  in balcony and oceanview etc to double check - though if your suite doesn’t have AU outlet, pretty sure no other cabins will 🙄 

Thanks in advance 🤗

Cheers, Rose.

Take your adaptor, $5.50 from Bunnings, lol.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Thanks in advance 🤗

Cheers, Rose.

I'm 99% certain there will be one AU socket in each cabin, plus US sockets. Every cruise ship I've been on has had two power circuits - 120v US and 220v. The 220v usually has European socket faceplates but on Princess ships these get switched over to AU ones. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm 99% certain there will be one AU socket in each cabin, plus US sockets. Every cruise ship I've been on has had two power circuits - 120v US and 220v. The 220v usually has European socket faceplates but on Princess ships these get switched over to AU ones. 

If I remember correctly, the Golden had EU plugs behind the bed, so we took EU adaptor for a CPap machine.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Hi, Not sure if this has been asked or not can you please add to the list

The theatre times 

Cheers Carole 

Yep on my list. But I’m hoping it will show up on the app before we go on 16th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

If I remember correctly, the Golden had EU plugs behind the bed, so we took EU adaptor for a CPap machine.

I've heard that's the case and they probably wouldn't bother converting those to AU sockets. We always carry adaptors and an Aldi powerboard.

3 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Yes I seem to remember that on the Golden we always had to use adapters.  I wonder what will be on the Grand Princess when she gets here!!

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've heard that's the case and they probably wouldn't bother converting those to AU sockets. We always carry adaptors and an Aldi powerboard.

Ive read some cruise lines take power boards off passengers but can't remember which one. 

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Ive read some cruise lines take power boards off passengers but can't remember which one. 

I've used it on Princess, Celebrity and Carnival without any issues. Princess terms of service says powerboards without surge protection are permitted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Yes I seem to remember that on the Golden we always had to use adapters.  I wonder what will be on the Grand Princess when she gets here!!

Very likely. It is only the ships that base here full time that get our outlets - well, so far. I expect the same for Majestic as well.

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I expect the same for Majestic as well.

One of the common types of power points used by the Chinese is the same as ours. So Majestic had them from the start. They tend to use it upside down, but it's electrically and physically the same.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

One of the common types of power points used by the Chinese is the same as ours. So Majestic had them from the start. They tend to use it upside down, but it's electrically and physically the same.

Thanks. Great to know and something I hadn't even looked at,  considering we originally booked on Royal Princess.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Holland America took mine, it was my first ever cruise (Inside Passage) and my luggage wasn’t delivered and a note left to go down to ? Deck

Wondered what was happening.They confiscated my power board 

Cheers Carole