Online Checkin Will Not Accept State

mrlevin

Trying to fill out form; will not accept state whatever I type in.  It appears to be a pull down menu with no choices.  What is the workaround?  I would like to complete checkin so I can choose arrival time but so far I can't get past payment screen.

Any help appreciated.

Marc

PS On a Mac, when I try to take photo replies "cannot access camera," anyone had this problem too?

Edited by mrlevin

This has happened to me before.  If you are traveling with another person in your suite - try going into their section to complete that one.  Seemed to work that way.  Also close the form and reopen it.  I know...what a PIA. 

13 minutes ago, mountaindoc358 said:

The site will not upload a picture I took for a previous cruise as well. Also the state dropdown menu is not working. Tried both people in suite. Not a good sign for Regent.

Agree.  

@mrlevin - I just sent you an email regarding assisting us with resolving this issue. We've heard of this problem before but each time we attempt to troubleshoot it the problem has resolved itself.

49 minutes ago, mountaindoc358 said:

The site will not upload a picture I took for a previous cruise as well. Also the state dropdown menu is not working. Tried both people in suite. Not a good sign for Regent.

Good morning @mountaindoc358 - could you please send me an email at mmoore@rssc.com so that we may try to assist you? 

I was able to enter state from my phone instead of computer.  As for picture, I should have stored pictures of both of us on computer to use for this.  Taking a picture of wife while she is sleeping doesn't work as eyes need to be open.  😃  It sure would be nice for rssc.com to store our pictures just like it stores all the info on guest registration form.

Marc

Folks,

I bet those having problems were using Microsoft Edge.  I had the same problem WRT entering the state (and a blank pull-down menu for the choices).  It works fine with Chrome.  I like Edge better, but I have encountered issues like this elsewhere and then turn to Chrome.  Apparently, some HTML code that Edge can't handle. 

I did not have any problems uploading the pictures with Edge...just with the state field on the payment form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

I was able to enter state from my phone instead of computer.  As for picture, I should have stored pictures of both of us on computer to use for this.  Taking a picture of wife while she is sleeping doesn't work as eyes need to be open.  😃  It sure would be nice for rssc.com to store our pictures just like it stores all the info on guest registration form.

Marc

Same issue and used phone and it worked 

Marc,

We, not on the Grand Voyage, were only offered 1 PM.  I assumed, apparently correctly, that they had a large block reserved for the Grand Voyagers.

Just leave a bit of the champagne for the late(r) arrivals.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike Moore said:

@mrlevin - I just sent you an email regarding assisting us with resolving this issue. We've heard of this problem before but each time we attempt to troubleshoot it the problem has resolved itself.

If this helps:  I had this problem with a prior check-in.  I had checked a box that said something to the effect of “use my address from the area above” (not the exact language, but something like that). It would not let me leave the page because it said the address was incomplete. That’s when I couldn’t get the drop down for state to work. I reversed out and re-started without checking that box and it worked then.

2 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

If this helps:  I had this problem with a prior check-in.  I had checked a box that said something to the effect of “use my address from the area above” (not the exact language, but something like that). It would not let me leave the page because it said the address was incomplete. That’s when I couldn’t get the drop down for state to work. I reversed out and re-started without checking that box and it worked then.

Crystal, tried that too but no cigar; iPhone is what worked.  

4 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

The system must have recognized my name - when I tried to enter 'State' the only option it gave me was 'Confusion'...

<rimshot>  🥁

I think something was lost in the translation from COBOL to HTML/Java.

• Haha 1

I didn't have the State menu problem with this site, but I have had it in the past, although I can't remember where.  It turned out that I was autofilling the spaces for name, address, etc. (as Chrome likes to do) and when I went back and manually entered the information, the state menu appeared.  Sigh ... 

Also had trouble taking my husband's picture on the site - it wouldn't save it.  I uploaded one for me from my computer easily so I guess I'll do that for him too.  Can't get the Boarding Passes without it apparently.

As for the embarkation time, I was given the time of 12:30 (only choice) and we're on the GV.  I figure since we're being taken there from the hotel, I'm not worried about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the same 'state' problem today on my laptop using Chrome when trying to complete OLCI for our 7/3 Voyager trip.  What a PIA.  Used others' suggestions above about using their I-phone/pad to complete the process. i don't have a pad and phone is Android...but the 'state list' did show up on the phone.  Since our security photos are on the laptop this meant having to use both devices to achieve the complete check-in. Jeez......

@Mike MooreI sent you an email on this.  Thanks for your patience.

Should anyone experience this in the future, before you attempt to fix this by using a different device, if you could please send me an email to mmoore@rssc.com if you are willing to jump on a Zoom call with our developers I would greatly appreaciate it. Unfortunately we simply can't recreate this problem ourselves, but we can likely capture some data from someone experiencing it in real time that will help us fix it. @Kwaj girl - thank you for your offer - going to work with the team on the best way for us to recreate it with you, but as a backup plan figured I'd ask if anyone else has the problem and is willing to help...

• Thanks 1

Quick update that we found someone to assist us with this issue and are now actively working on a fix. I'll update this thread as soon as it is resolved. Appreciate all your patience with this nagging issue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

UAT - User Acceptance Testing is the best!  

Agreed, which this went through with numerous devices, OS, browsers and versions, just like everything we do. Unfortunately with so many different variables, including users security/privacy settings, occassionally something like this causes a nussance with some odd combination of those variables. We should have it sorted soon!

Edited by Mike Moore