New Amex Offer - Money Off Celebrity Cruise

greatestvalue

Question for those who used the offer. How soon did the amex email confirming you used the offer come after you made your payment? I made a $500 payment on my card and hubby’s, but no email yet. Usually it comes pretty quickly after paying.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, marieps said:

Sadly my last reservation not paid in full is with a big box TA that doesn't take AMEX.  I am getting a huge shopping card, so there's that.  I did use a similar offer on Oceania.  Different TA. 

I booked through Celebrity and used it for the $500 deposit and then moved it over to big box.  We'll see if that works.

I have the offer on my Blue Cash Everyday card, $500 for $175.   If I have a cruise booked that isn't totally paid for and I make a payment with the American Express, I will get the credit, as long as it was booked after 5/18?  That's how I read the fine print.  Just trying to better understand how this works.  Thanks!!

Edited by lakegirl16

9 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

As long as it is booked after you add the offer to your card, and before the offer expires. 

It's already booked for a future date, I was going to make a payment.  Or does it have to be a new cruise.  Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

I don't believe it has to be a new cruise, just a charge from Celebrity Cruises.   Like others have said I just bought $500 of OBC using the card on an existing booking.   Then at the end of the sailing I went to Guest Services and asked for it to be refunded to me in cash.  Not a problem.

Another time I used it as the card for checkin to cover my onboard charges.  Final bill was over $500 but didn't qualify as the charge came through as Celebrity Summit OB or something like that indicating it was onboard charges which don't qualify.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

It's already booked for a future date, I was going to make a payment.  Or does it have to be a new cruise.  Thanks for your help.

You can pay down an existing balance by $500. That's what I did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Final bill was over $500 but didn't qualify as the charge came through as Celebrity Summit OB or something like that

I learned that one the hard way as well. Used an Amex award on NCL for cruise next certificates, didn't trigger the credit. 

It appears to be very random how these "Offers" show up on the AMEX Platinum.  We've been watching for a Royal Caribbean Offer to use towards next years sailing but none have shown up.  We did however just receive the Celebrity "Offer" mentioned here and used it to book Celebrity Xploration through our longtime TA.  We have indeed received the $175 credit.  Now looking at our current list of Offers, there is an Oceania and a Carnival Offer available.

• Like 1

My husband’s card has 5 cruise companies listed. I had none. I shared with a friend who is going on Celebrity. We were looking for Carnival. I called AMEX and they said the offers were card specific and they could not be added manually.

39 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

My husband’s card has 5 cruise companies listed. I had none. I shared with a friend who is going on Celebrity. We were looking for Carnival. I called AMEX and they said the offers were card specific and they could not be added manually.

And I have a Carnival offer but want a Celebrity one!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MarinerAlex said:

I’ve been adding all the new offers everyday, there literally over 100 offers on my card now…. Yet nothing for Celebrity, or even Royal. Sigh.

Keep adding offers.  You want to make sure you are well below 100 available because Amex only shows you a maximum of 100 offers. So they might be “hidden”. 

7 minutes ago, MarinerAlex said:

I’ve been adding all the new offers everyday, there literally over 100 offers on my card now…. Yet nothing for Celebrity, or even Royal. Sigh.

There isn't an active/available X offer at the moment.  Also it can depend on which kind of card you have

Edited by NutsAboutGolf