Have COVID on the Apex -- No WiFi

DenvCruiser

Near the end of the April 30 Transatlantic Cruise, I tested positive for COVID and was allowed to stay on the subsequent cruise in quarantine. Among the many challenges of this unfortunate situation is that my Wi-Fi package did not extend into the new cruise.  A couple of days ago, the crew figured out how to provide me with a new internet package, but apparently that has expired.  While I'm able to access the internet while we are in port because of my home internet plan, once we leave the port, I will be isolated from the world unless a new internet plan can be provided. I NEED to be able to make revised travel arrangements, communicate with family, etc.

I have tried to contact various departments on the ship, but have been unsuccessful in getting any resolution.  .  While I realize there are many demands on the ship's crew, it is incomprehensible to me that I cannot have this solved.  If anybody has any idea on how I might be able to get some help, I could certainly appreciate your suggestions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, DenvCruiser said:

Near the end of the April 30 Transatlantic Cruise, I tested positive for COVID and was allowed to stay on the subsequent cruise in quarantine. Among the many challenges of this unfortunate situation is that my Wi-Fi package did not extend into the new cruise.  A couple of days ago, the crew figured out how to provide me with a new internet package, but apparently that has expired.  While I'm able to access the internet while we are in port because of my home internet plan, once we leave the port, I will be isolated from the world unless a new internet plan can be provided. I NEED to be able to make revised travel arrangements, communicate with family, etc.

I have tried to contact various departments on the ship, but have been unsuccessful in getting any resolution.  .  While I realize there are many demands on the ship's crew, it is incomprehensible to me that I cannot have this solved.  If anybody has any idea on how I might be able to get some help, I could certainly appreciate your suggestions!

They sell Wifi packages all the time.  What reason are you given for their inability to provide/sell you one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

They sell Wifi packages all the time.  What reason are you given for their inability to provide/sell you one?

I wonder if they closed out his folio at the end of the original cruise?  Not that that's a decent excuse, mind you.  

I guess that is why your phone might come in handy with a package that allows for internet etc.  My impression was that quarantined individuals were allowed to have it, but there could be various reasons why someone would not be connected.  Hope the OP gets this fixed.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DenvCruiser said:

Near the end of the April 30 Transatlantic Cruise, I tested positive for COVID and was allowed to stay on the subsequent cruise in quarantine.

Glad your internet situation was resolved, care to share how you were offered to stay on for another sailing?  This is the first time I've heard of this.  Also, if you test negative will they move you to another cabin and you're free to roam?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

It may be that when they move you or something else goes wrong they have problems that can not or no one knows how to fix.    On one of my cruises last month for some reason the agent who checked me in on the B2B screwed something up and I wasn't of the ship.    I was never able to access anything on the APP.  - Account, Reservations etc...etc.  Because of this it took 10 day to apply my 1/2 of the Celebrity NR OBC.   They said they even went back to MIAMI and they were also unable to fix.   Luckily I spent the amount before I went into quarantine

Luckily our room came with 4 Internet accounts so I just used one of Iain's

58 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Glad your internet situation was resolved, care to share how you were offered to stay on for another sailing?  This is the first time I've heard of this.  Also, if you test negative will they move you to another cabin and you're free to roam?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Then you haven’t read the refund and cancellation policy lately.

28 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Could you stay in your original cabin ?

No, per policy.

Although there have been exceptions posted on the board.

bon voyage

I am also currently in Quarantine on APEX. Internet is given in 3 day increments. We've had to call GS to "renew" once and I expect that will happen again soon. What I do miss is the APP and am told since we're not on a regular booking # it's not available. If we had it we would know what's on the reg MDR me when we order dinner and not have to ask the helpful person who answers the RS phone. 

8 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I am also currently in Quarantine on APEX. Internet is given in 3 day increments. We've had to call GS to "renew" once and I expect that will happen again soon. What I do miss is the APP and am told since we're not on a regular booking # it's not available. If we had it we would know what's on the reg MDR me when we order dinner and not have to ask the helpful person who answers the RS phone. 

Are menus on the TV?   I thought they used to be on some ships.

The APP situation would seem to be something a competent IT (shoreside) could fix.  Oh yea talking about Celebrity IT sorry.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What I do miss is the APP and am told since we're not on a regular booking # it's not available. If we had it we would know what's on the reg MDR me when we order dinner and not have to ask the helpful person who answers the RS phone. 

You should be able to choose the sailing you are on and look at the menus.  Just like any of us can that aren't on the ship.   

At the bottom click on:  Get More Details on ships we support. Then choose the ship and sail date.  As long as the app is accurate,  you should be able to see what the current menus are. 

Feel better! 

🍹

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Are menus on the TV?   I thought they used to be on some ships.

The APP situation would seem to be something a competent IT (shoreside) could fix.  Oh yea talking about Celebrity IT sorry.

No menus on the TV. All is done via the APP.

7 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

You should be able to choose the sailing you are on and look at the menus.  Just like any of us can that aren't on the ship.   

At the bottom click on:  Get More Details on ships we support. Then choose the ship and sail date.  As long as the app is accurate,  you should be able to see what the current menus are. 

Feel better! 

🍹

Thanks...the problem is I'm not "officially" on this sailing as I was never booked on it. I went into quarantine the last day of the April 30 TA cruise. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks...the problem is I'm not "officially" on this sailing as I was never booked on it. I went into quarantine the last day of the April 30 TA cruise. 

You should still be able to view them.

I just went on the current Apex sailing and here is a screenshot from part of one of the main dining room menus.  (As long as the app is accurate at the moment it should help).

If you can't view, start a new thread and I am sure we will all be helpful in posting the menus for you.  You can ask and people can volunteer to post each day for a specific restaurant.  😉

I'll help post them for you if you can't view them in the app.  

🍹

Screenshot_20220519-141609_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.d4fd1ab9c305e1ef50a558aa4aaf6abe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

No menus on the TV. All is done via the APP.

Have you asked the room service or guest services if they could send you the MDR menus?  Pre-covid you could get them from guest services

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Could you stay in your original cabin ?

No, per policy.

Although there have been exceptions posted on the board.

bon voyage

I have not seen an official X policy on use of cabins yet.  On other hand have read on these boards that some had to move after testing positive and others could stay in their original cabin.

That is why I asked the OP about his specific experience.

• Thanks 1

My wife didn’t have wifi when she got Covid on day 6 of the TA , she stayed in the ov cabin we had and moved me , they said they were giving her premium Wi-Fi as she was in  quarantined 

of course the charge showed up on the account, I had go and get the chargers taken off 

After she still tested positive after day 5 , she was pretty upset about staying in an ov cabin ,as prisoners are allowed outside an hour a day ,  I had a talk with a staff officer and got her moved to balcony cabin

After being in her balcony , she checked her iwatch and noticed her oxygen levels had dropped to 87% during the time she was in the ov .
I guess we have to learn how to set an alarm on her watch 

Medical does call you , but without them testing oxygen levels a person probably wouldn’t notice a slow change in yourself 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

I have not seen an official X policy on use of cabins yet.  On other hand have read on these boards that some had to move after testing positive and others could stay in their original cabin.

That is why I asked the OP about his specific experience.

The policy, as I needed to state for those not in the know, is what The Captain and Medical Center determine on their sailing.

I Am sure there are 'general guidelines' which HQ has forwarded to all ships and Captains to follow, the rest is up to them to implement, as such we will not see much in writing for public consumption.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

19 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

So you are a stowaway...

A dream for many, I Am sure even if in quarantine! LOL

Do they provide a specific menu to check from like room service OR can you just call up and say "today I think I will have crepes Suzette, Belgian Waffles w/Irish Cream Butter, for dinner rack of lamb, rare, Jasmine Brown Rice infused with Saffron. Dessert? Let me get back to you on that...

bon appetit and bon voyage

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 2