ms Eurodam and ms Koningsdam in Juneau May 23, 2022

Scrapnana

Eurodam will be at the CT dock from 1 pm to 10 pm.

Koningsdam will be at the AS dock from 1 pm to 10 pm.

Also in port are Norwegian Sun which will be tendering (7 am - 3 pm), Crown Princess at the Franklin Street dock (noon - 10 pm), and Celebrity Solstice at the AJ dock (1:30 pm - 10 pm).

Monday's forecast is calling for periods of rain (89%), High will be 50F/10C and low 41F/5C.  Sunrise is at 4:15 am and sunset at 9:36 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Next up:  Nieuw Amsterdam on Wednesday, 25 May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eurodam and Koningsdam in Tracy Arm area and most likely in the process of transferring passengers to smaller vessels for a closer look at the magnificent scenery of the Tracy Arm excursion.  Norwegian Sun is anchored in Juneau and tendering their passengers to shore on this rainy day.

It reminds me of our last Alaska cruise on the Maasdam (before the Covid shut down) when we had to tender to shore on a blustery and rainy day.  Maasdam was the smallest of the “major” cruise ships in Juneau that day.  What a mess that was.  Never expected to be tendering in Juneau.

Eurodam is first up the channel and soon we’ll get to see her pull up to the CT dock.  The Koningsdam hasn’t entered the channel yet.  She will go to the AS dock closer to the camera.   We can watch two ships dock today (through the rain drops!)

Dale R Lindsay pusher tug just passed through the screen and the Celebrity Solstice is in view.  Winds of 10 mph and 15 mph gusts.Maybe the Solstice will need assistance docking.  

Signing off.  Time for me to recharge!

If it's Monday; if it's Juneau; it's a rainy day.  At least, that is what I recall from the most recent Mondays when the HAL ships are in port.  

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Looks miserable in Juneau.  I would just stay on board!

Not me!  I am hungry for the Halibut and Chips from my favorite Juneau restaurant!  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Not me!  I am hungry for the Halibut and Chips from my favorite Juneau restaurant!  

@rkacruiserWhich restaurant is your favorite for the fish and chips?  I just may do that myself next time.  I haven't had it in many years!

Thanks,

~Nancy

21 minutes ago, oakridger said:

@rkacruiserWhich restaurant is your favorite for the fish and chips?  I just may do that myself next time.  I haven't had it in many years!

Thanks,

~Nancy

Alaska Fish & Chips Company.  They are in the green building at the head of the cruise ship docks.  They are in the same building as Hanger in the Wharf Restaurant is located.  (I have not tried them.)  They have an indoor and outdoor seating area with the outdoor area overlooking the float planes and the first ship at dock.  Nothing fancy, just good service and food.