Did anyone leave the Joy recently WITHOUT COVID?

1 minute ago, wil e coyote said:

Well, you're not supposed to board a commercial aircraft, or go in public at all, if you have COVID. The CDC guidance is clear that anyone who has tested positive should isolate - the length of time varies depending on a number of factors. Airlines I have recently flown on ask whether you have COVID (or COVID-like symptoms) during the check in process. At the same time, I'm not aware of any airlines asking you to provide evidence of a negative COVID test for domestic flights.

So...are you allowed to? No. Not if you are an honest person.

That was my point, thanks for confirming. I was just questioning the thought that COVID is now no different from the flu. Medically it may be, but for all the other issues it raises, it sure isn't.

3 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

According to your own quote (see parts of it below), I guess that you mean that the answer is NO (not YES).....????

If required to isolate, do not use public transportation (such as aircraft, bus, train, subway, taxi or ride-sharing service) to get to your place of isolation.

No.  My interpretation is that the person is required to isolate after arrival in Canada.  Getting from the arrival airport to the scene of isolation - in Canada - well, take a car or walk or bike I guess.  I think the whole thing is very poorly worded.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:36 AM, CleverUserNameHere said:

After reading all of the accounts from people leaving the Joy this month, did anyone actually manage to come home without COVID??

Yes, May 8th saling and myself and husband were spared. did not wear masks, used elevators, no buffet, went to crowded Cavern Club, theater and comedy in the social. We are in our early sixties. Guess we were lucky. 

• Like 2

Just to point out about the Joy, out of NYC.

Our official positivity rate is about 20%....but it's really much higher due to "at home testing".

Times Square....the tourist area close to the port....is back to pre-pandemic crowding (wall to wall people).  Very few people are wearing masks there.  It's a hot bed for covid transmission.

So someone comes to town Friday....tests negative....then picks up covid:  Voila....by the time the ship hits Bermuda (Wednesday) they're spreading it all over.

This is nothing official...just logical.

I'm not a masker-upper...never have been.  But, I'm bringing them for our Joy 6/5 cruise just in case I need to deal with "crowded anything".  This is our third post-covid cruise...and the first one where I'm even slightly concerned. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We were on the Joy to Bermuda at the end of April beginning of May. We did not get covid! We are both in our mid 60's. The cruise director did and so did multiple cruise performers on the ship because the 2 main shows were canceled. 

We went to the bars, ate at the buffet, went to what shows were available and played the slots and we were fine. No masks used on the ship. We even had a few elevator rides with 4 or 5 other people. 

Use the hand sanitizer!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

We were on the Joy to Bermuda at the end of April beginning of May. We did not get covid! We are both in our mid 60's. The cruise director did and so did multiple cruise performers on the ship because the 2 main shows were canceled. 

We went to the bars, ate at the buffet, went to what shows were available and played the slots and we were fine. No masks used on the ship. We even had a few elevator rides with 4 or 5 other people. 

Use the hand sanitizer!!

In "covid terms" the end of April was "a wave ago".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Use the hand sanitizer!!

Great point - use hand sanitizer and don't touch your face ! 

I learned that decades ago while working in healthcare- from the time you walk in to the hospital to the time you step out- never touch your face. 

On 5/28/2022 at 6:45 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

NO. every single person who has sailed the Joy since the restart has been infected.

I beg to differ. After testing negative at the port, I sailed on the Joy for a 7-day W Caribbean. Got tested right after I got home (by professionals, not home test), and again a week later. Negative both times. So, NO. "Every single person..." has NOT been infected.

Here's hoping that your post should have had a " s/ "at the end of it. It did sound facetious, though. You do get points for that. 🙃

8 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Use the hand sanitizer!!

Just got off the Joy today. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! We did not wear masks. We’re back to normal but we have been for awhile. There were some people wearing masks and complaining/whining  that everything was packed. I suspect they did not enjoy the cruise as much as us……. Oh yeah, by the way we did not get COVID. 

9 minutes ago, angere1 said:

Just got off the Joy today. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! We did not wear masks. We’re back to normal but we have been for awhile. There were some people wearing masks and complaining/whining  that everything was packed. I suspect they did not enjoy the cruise as much as us……. Oh yeah, by the way we did not get COVID. 

Did the ship seem crowded....lines at the buffet.....full house in the theatre? (Be prepared...people are gonna tell you "yet" means just that...yet.)

A friend on the Joy who came home today is COVID-19 negative as of today. I hope it stays that way. She was masking earlier in the week but I think dropped it as time went on. It is really a comfort level thing for sure! These are stranger times but we'll cruise through it!

Not the Joy, but we just got off the Encore.  Didn't need my mask from the moment I left home until we were back in Seattle.  I saw one store in Juneau that had a sign requiring masks.  We checked our bags at the P***** Store in Seattle on Sunday to kill some time at Pikes Market (late flight out of SeaTac).  All was cool when we checked them.  When we came back they had a sign requiring both full vaccination plus a mask to enter the store (I'm guessing the later shift was worked by the nervous types).  They would allow a negative test in prior 48 hours in lieu of vaccination.  You can't make this "stuff" up!  LOL.  But seriously, all seemed absolutely normal and I heard no reports of the dreaded Covid.  Sure, if you test 100 folks anywhere right now, you'll get some positive results, but they weren't having burials at sea due to a full morgue.... 🤣

• Like 2