Review Emerald Princess British Isles May 9-26, 2022, plus one week in London!

ROWSE

3 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

So enjoying your review, the details and the photos!  I am in the beginning stages of planning a British Isles cruise for my cousin and I in 2023.  I will have to let her see your review when we visit - she's happy not to be on the 'net.  We are in our mid 70s and leaving my husband behind for this trip.

I am so happy to hear you are enjoying it!  You will have a wonderful time and hoping Covid is a thing of the distant past by then!!!  Girl only trips are SO fun!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROWSE said:

Thank you for reading along!  We loved Scotland!  

I have old Princess bags here at home given to us in prior cruises, but we did not receive one 

on this cruise.  It may be others did but we did not.  

Our servers may very well thought we were ordering for 4 some nights.  😂

Just ask your cabin steward for a Princess bag.  They usually have them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mike&elena said:

Wonderful review!  We're going to be taking this cruise on the Emerald in July.  If you can post photos of the Patters, that would be fantastic.  Looking forward to reading the next installment!

Thank you so much!  

Sorry, we did not take pictures or save them.  @nini Did you save the Patters?   AND if anyone else from the cruise comes on here and can help out feel free to do so!!!  

9 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

So nice to read an "smiley" review - so far.  Hope good times continues for both

Thank you for reading along!  It was a wonderful cruise! 

We had ZERO Princess bags and of course the evening chocolates are gone. I did not realize that you have to "order" a bathrobe now. However, we have many Princess tote bags at home and enjoy using them for shopping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROWSE said:

Thank you so much!  

Sorry, we did not take pictures or save them.  @nini Did you save the Patters?   AND if anyone else from the cruise comes on here and can help out feel free to do so!!!  

So sorry, we did not save the Patters. Usually I do, but not this time. BTW- we loved Scotland and my wool scarves, throw and hat arrived today from the Blarney Woolen Mills!!! It was FREE shipping to USA with a purchase of 250 Euros. So............ easy to spend for me and two daughters!

P.S. I was able to purchase a Campbell Clan scarf at Cawdor Castle (my family clan). It was made with local wool, "just up the road"!

Edited by nini
  • Like 1

Jumping on Emerald 14th June trip(round Britain are local/regular for us) 

love to follow a recent experience.

A first timer to the UK gives us a fresh perspective enjoying a lot..

Some info for those following and thinking about a trip out of Southampton.

That Premier inn west quay is a cruise favourite, worth following pricing because they have sales where you can price down.

Another good budget option is the Travelodge Central even closer to the Mall and town, often a bit cheaper, compact rooms not been since they did some updates.

(check for discount codes 5% is regular for the TL)

Loads of other options from budget to $$$$,  Ibis/Novotel are handy for the coach, train and some terminals(walkable) but a bit further away from the mall/town 10-15 mins walk 

For those looking at pubs, a couple of starter options 

Duke of Wellington, Red lion are the nearest "british pub", 

for good cheap ale(and other drinks) is The Standing Order(big chain),

there is also a quirky small bar on the high street, near the Red Lion & next to the Stein Garten, Below Bar(was Crammed Inn),

Dancing Man Brewery is also very popular more modern(.

• Thanks 1

Kitty & Jim, thanks for doing your review! I'll be following along as we board the Emerald Princess August 25th to the British Isles with Liverpool. Like you, this will be our first time overseas and we have completed 40 cruises with Princess mostly throughout North America. It was funny to see we have the same obstructed oceanview cabin booked for August (E702) as you. We are also flying Delta booked with Princess EZ-Air. Milwauke to Minneapolis and then to London. Loving your thoughts and pictures, thanks for doing this. :classic_biggrin:

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

Oh my!  Elite amenities only by request.  Good grief!

This works for me.  Have too many gold bags, loofahs, nail files and pillow spray.  Do like the lotion and at one time the bath gel, shampoo and conditioner you once received.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nini said:

So sorry, we did not save the Patters. Usually I do, but not this time. BTW- we loved Scotland and my wool scarves, throw and hat arrived today from the Blarney Woolen Mills!!! It was FREE shipping to USA with a purchase of 250 Euros. So............ easy to spend for me and two daughters!

P.S. I was able to purchase a Campbell Clan scarf at Cawdor Castle (my family clan). It was made with local wool, "just up the road"!

Edited 14 hours ago by nini

For some reason I am so excited about shopping at the woolen mills, even though we live in sunny south Florida and would NEVER have a chance to wear them! Maybe if we get some at the beginning of the cruise we'll be able to wear them during the cruise but we're going in August, so...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

I had a Nelson as Club Class Manager on the Discovery, who was wonderful!  Wondering if it's the same guy, would you mind asking him if he opened the Discovery.  My Nelson is from Portugal.

Thank you for reading along but we are home now.  We believe this Nelson was from Philippines.  

16 hours ago, nini said:

Lucky family to get all those wonderful gifts!  

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi kitty and Jim,

Thanks for sharing I loved seeing all the photos. BTW Jim is starting to look as old as me 😳 😁😁

love Ya, 🥰

Tony

We ARE  looking old!!!  So glad to see you are on here reading along!  Love you and Marge!!!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Jumping on Emerald 14th June trip(round Britain are local/regular for us) 

love to follow a recent experience.

A first timer to the UK gives us a fresh perspective enjoying a lot..

Some info for those following and thinking about a trip out of Southampton.

That Premier inn west quay is a cruise favourite, worth following pricing because they have sales where you can price down.

Another good budget option is the Travelodge Central even closer to the Mall and town, often a bit cheaper, compact rooms not been since they did some updates.

(check for discount codes 5% is regular for the TL)

Loads of other options from budget to $$$$,  Ibis/Novotel are handy for the coach, train and some terminals(walkable) but a bit further away from the mall/town 10-15 mins walk 

For those looking at pubs, a couple of starter options 

Duke of Wellington, Red lion are the nearest "british pub", 

for good cheap ale(and other drinks) is The Standing Order(big chain),

there is also a quirky small bar on the high street, near the Red Lion & next to the Stein Garten, Below Bar(was Crammed Inn),

Dancing Man Brewery is also very popular more modern(.

So happy to see you on here!  You gave some great information on our roll call and I appreciate it!!  I loved the Premier in's staggered pricing.  We went with the "non refundable" and got it for 33.50 pounds for the night.  WOW!!!  

Thank you for listing some pubs!!  

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Interesting that the Elite upgraded bathroom amenities are only by request.

Thank you for chiming in!  I did not even notice it said that on that paper, as we got a little bundle of items.  Sleeping mask, fingernail file, some lotion, scrubber pad, and two lip chap.  A little hint on those horrible automatic night lights that go on whenever you get up at night.  The sleeping mask  can  be place over the top of the hall way one's sensor.  That is if you are tall enough.  Thank goodness my husband was.  That was the worse one of all.  The others we could put something in front of them. 

I am sure there are some who need those night lights, we  rather stumble around in the dark.  LOL