Majestic Princess laundry

Kitty Ellas Mom

I know there were some threads recently about laundry but I can't find them.  I will need to do laundry once in the middle of my 7 day cruise on Majestic to Alaska in June.  I'm unsure if I want to chance sending it out or if I should do it myself.  I need to have only unscented soaps used.  Is that something you can get if you send it out?  If I bring my own detergent, are the machines HE or normal?  I'm worried that the soap they sell will have scent.  I'm thinking to hand wash things like the socks and send out the big items, I think some others talked about doing that.  Thanks for any info.  It will be my 1st cruise.

I can't have perfumes (scent) in my detergent. We always bring our own detergent. Almost any "regular" detergent has perfume added. For some reason they say it makes things smell "fresh". To me it just smells like nasty chemicals and makes me have a headache. As a "bonus" the scented detergents also make me itch all over. I don't understand why almost everything sold in the US has to have scent added. When someone is using a dryer sheet I pretty much just stay indoors. I've spoken with a fair number of people who feel the same way about scented products but it seems we are stuck with the things. I will never understand why.

2 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I know there were some threads recently about laundry but I can't find them.  I will need to do laundry once in the middle of my 7 day cruise on Majestic to Alaska in June.  I'm unsure if I want to chance sending it out or if I should do it myself.  I need to have only unscented soaps used.  Is that something you can get if you send it out?  If I bring my own detergent, are the machines HE or normal?  I'm worried that the soap they sell will have scent.  I'm thinking to hand wash things like the socks and send out the big items, I think some others talked about doing that.  Thanks for any info.  It will be my 1st cruise.

Perhaps someone that’s currently on a cruise can ask that question. I would post your question on the thread for the current ship you will be cruising on & let us know what they say. 

Tom😀

5 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I know there were some threads recently about laundry but I can't find them.  I will need to do laundry once in the middle of my 7 day cruise on Majestic to Alaska in June.  I'm unsure if I want to chance sending it out or if I should do it myself.  I need to have only unscented soaps used.

In that case bring your own detergent and do the laundry yourself either with the Pricness washing machines for passenger use or by hand.

I did a load of laundry on our January 2022 cruise on Majestic.  I brought my own detergent and the washers were normal top loading washers.  

Edited by atobols

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Please clarify how you get laundry  detergent onboard Majestic? Or is it included  in cos of us machines. We have so much to pack as it is I hate to bring detergent. 

you get the detergent in the same vending machine in the laundromat as the tokens for the washer and dryer.  use your medallion to get the tokens and it's charged to you on board account

37 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Be aware that if you have the ship do your laundry, it is washed with other people's laundry, each in mesh bags. Yours would not get any special treatment.

Thanks. If I need to do laundry, I'll do it myself. There  are so many  things to consider  for this  July '22 Majestic Princess cruisetour, it's becoming a real chore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willwils said:

Please clarify how you get laundry  detergent onboard Majestic? Or is it included  in cos of us machines. We have so much to pack as it is I hate to bring detergent. 

$3.00 to wash, $3.00 to dry (approx. 45 minutes), IIRC $1.50 for detergent or softener. There are sheets available (if you can find them). They're like dryer sheets with all the stuff loaded on each one.

Easiest/cheapest, just put a baggie with 1/2 cup or so of detergent and a couple of dryer sheets. Won't take up much room. Back before I was Elite, I stuffed them into DH's shoes. Once we were Elite, I just sent stuff out...I'm not picky about laundry and never send out anything delicate.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

$3.00 to wash, $3.00 to dry (approx. 45 minutes), IIRC $1.50 for detergent or softener. There are sheets available (if you can find them). They're like dryer sheets with all the stuff loaded on each one.

Easiest/cheapest, just put a baggie with 1/2 cup or so of detergent and a couple of dryer sheets. Won't take up much room. Back before I was Elite, I stuffed them into DH's shoes. Once we were Elite, I just sent stuff out...I'm not picky about laundry and never send out anything delicate.

Thanks. Just the info I was looking for. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Does anyone have a list of the ship's laundry pricing? (Majestic, if that makes any difference).  Just trying to decide.  Thanks!

As posted above.  Price is the same on all Princess ships.

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

My cabin mate sent laundry out to be cleaned by Princess.  It came back "smelly".  She had to air it out before she could wear it.  Plus, she said that a few pieces made her itch.  

I have a supply of these wonderful laundry sheets that I purchased a while back when was trailering.  I guess they are now worth their weight in gold.  But they are scented.

image.png.346be8f8bfb27941c3ee7bfdaa2a8b15.png

https://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complete-Spring-Oasis-20-Count/dp/B002MZXYF4/ref=sr_1_5?gclid=CjwKCAjw77WVBhBuEiwAJ-YoJNBUgJ8EHL3P8HQzyXHmvOQiI5sRsHziqdxOOhuBn8bPxNeIi4qWEhoCqvIQAvD_BwE&hvadid=177803980528&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9032811&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=5607347079652452368&hvtargid=kwd-48369125155&hydadcr=21444_9712262&keywords=purex+3-in-1+laundry+sheets&qid=1655538109&sr=8-5

Laundry.jpeg

• Like 2