2024 Cruise Schedule

Raxter54

After 7 cruises (soon to be 8 on Carnival and Royal Caribbean), my wife and I are looking to upgrade to either Princess, Holland America, or Celebrity for out 50th wedding anniversary in 2024. Had a Celebrity cruise in mind, but the Sunset Verandah went up $900 since April. But, neither Princess or Holland America have any cruises listed for 2024. Does anyone know when Princess might be releasing their schedule for 2024?

26 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

After 7 cruises (soon to be 8 on Carnival and Royal Caribbean), my wife and I are looking to upgrade to either Princess, Holland America, or Celebrity for out 50th wedding anniversary in 2024. Had a Celebrity cruise in mind, but the Sunset Verandah went up $900 since April. But, neither Princess or Holland America have any cruises listed for 2024. Does anyone know when Princess might be releasing their schedule for 2024?

Some are out.  Australia, New Zealand, World cruise, South America, Antarctica…

or it says so in the website.  Others should be listed soon.  
We’re still working on our 2022/2023

cruises.  Lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raxter54 said:

I was told for the Caribbean they should be out in July.  As you mentioned on Celebrity the prices have recently had a bit of an uptick, but they are giving some OBC.  Just did out first Celebrity and have two more booked.  One thing to note with them is that they do have a Best Price Guarantee.  That said when the Princess ones finally come out they may be lower at first, maybe not.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

I was told for the Caribbean they should be out in July.  As you mentioned on Celebrity the prices have recently had a bit of an uptick, but they are giving some OBC.  Just did out first Celebrity and have two more booked.  One thing to note with them is that they do have a Best Price Guarantee.  That said when the Princess ones finally come out they may be lower at first, maybe not.  

Thanks for the information. A bit of an uptick? Checked this morning, that Sunset Verandah on the Apex is now $2,138 dollars higher than April 😲 Uptick indeed....

Edited by Raxter54

On 6/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, Raxter54 said:

It seems Princess gets later and later every year when it comes to releasing there itineraries for the coming year. We are now in the first week of June and still nothing.

On 6/3/2022 at 8:37 PM, Raxter54 said:

I did to. Booked a Sunset Verandah on the Apex for less than $2400. Sweet 🙂

Good for you.  I sail Apex in Mar.  My time on Celebrity and look forward to the difference between Princess and Celebrity.  Cheers

What annoys me with Celebrity is the amount you have to pay to get a refundable deposit.  Even with the sale an 8 day Caribbean for 2024 is only $300 cheaper than what we are paying for a 10 day on Princess in 2023.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

What annoys me with Celebrity is the amount you have to pay to get a refundable deposit.  Even with the sale an 8 day Caribbean for 2024 is only $300 cheaper than what we are paying for a 10 day on Princess in 2023.

For us, we book our X cruises with the refundable deposit early on when they are first released over 18 months out, usually when we’re on a cruise to get the additional OBC for booking onboard. Then, just prior to the final payment date, if it makes financial sense, we have our CVP convert it to a nonrefundable fare.

This way we have the option to convert the booking to a “place holder” cruise with the onboard booking OBC attached, if we find a better cruise to go on, possibly on another cruise line. If the booking was nonrefundable from the start, we would not have the option to cancel the cruise prior to final payment, if we decided switch to a better cruise or worse case not go on the cruise at all, without having to give up some $$$.

Now, with Princess we don’t have to do that. We just buy an ample number of FCDs (at $100 each) while we’re on one of their cruises to use later on when booking one of their refundable cruises. However, with X we have to be a little more creative. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 8:37 PM, Raxter54 said:

I did to. Booked a Sunset Verandah on the Apex for less than $2400. Sweet 🙂

I think the uptick was because this sale was coming.  I will tell you we were on the Edge in April and booked the Apex while onboard.  There is a real WOW factor to their E class ships, from the food, to the entertainment.  Don't get me wrong I've loved Princess for the price.  Also be sure to watch those fares on Celebrity even after final payment since they have a Best Price Guarantee, our April cruise got an additional $700 in OBC a couple weeks before sailing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perky1 said:

The real amount you lose is only $100 per person if you change to another cruise and I understand many times waive it.  With Princess there are too many people (me included) that put "place holders" out there and cancel at final payment. I still have mixed feelings which is better.  

• Like 2

On 6/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, modes said:

It seems Princess gets later and later every year when it comes to releasing there itineraries for the coming year. We are now in the first week of June and still nothing.

For us Princess lost out due to being so late.  For 2023 they didn't have a 9 or 10 day(non Holiday) that did all of the ABC islands.  Celebrity did and actually at less than the one cruise that Princess had that included B & C.  We decided to book Celebrity rather than wait around to see what might be available with Princess.  

We have sailed mostly Princess up until now.  We were really wowed by Celebrity Edge and in pricing Celebrity's Always Included vs Princess' Plus they are pretty close in price.  I think the higher ups at Princess need to figure it out. Also, when they do publish the ship, itinerary etc there should not be so many changes.  Our upcoming Alaska trip has had the ship changed out and the same with the cruise last January - with no adjustment in price.  Fool me once 🙂

• Like 1

Dar & Bob;  what things did you like about Celebrity Edge? What things on that ship are better or different than say: Enchanted Princess or Sky Princess?  Thank for any answer you may have

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Dar & Bob;  what things did you like about Celebrity Edge? What things on that ship are better or different than say: Enchanted Princess or Sky Princess?  Thank for any answer you may have

Let's see where to start... First the Grand Plaza on the Edge is more of an entertainment area than any of the other ships we have been on.  From the Martini bar flare show, the silent disco party, the musical acts, some who performed in the theatre in previous evenings.  It seems in the afternoon and evening there was always something going on.  On the upper levels you could look over but still some quieter spots as well. 

At the rear of the ship is Eden, a spot with greenery and two to three stories of windows looking out the back,  There is a restaurant in the evening that serves a different menu from the usual.  One of the best meals I've ever had. In the evening there is music and acts.  Only was able to catch one since there are so many things going on.  During the day in Eden they have an area that serves breakfast and lunch sandwiches, salads etc.  There is an outdoor areas as well to sit on each side.

The entertainment on the ship is unbelievable.  We typically don't go to the theater productions, however on the Edge we saw them all.  It is more a theatre in the round, with aerialists and productions some nights.  They had an awesome Soul/Motown group, who later performed in the Grand Plaza. 

Other items of note, two pools one indoor and one out.  The way the pool is arranged it doesn't feel as crowded as other ships.  You have no doubt seen the Magic Carpet bar that hangs off the side of the ship.  That was one of our favorite spots during a sea day.  The buffet is spread out and on one side the windows are two stories - you don't feel like you are eating in the buffet.  

The only area I liked better on a Royal class ship was the Aft bar, on the Edge it was very nice we justed liked Princess better in that aspect.  

Lastly, the food on the Edge was fantastic, Only complaint would be one meal was cold (yes we could have sent it back but we wanted to get to the show)  There are many other things we loved - too many to mention.  Sorry for the length of the post.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Here are some photos 

Eden on the Edge.jpg

Grand Plaza.jpg

Eden back.jpg

Pool area.jpg

I do want to be clear that we still like Princess and still considered them for the ABC Islands but they just didn't have an itinerary that did all 3 islands other than Christmas and New Years.  We even considered going to 2024 but unlike the other lines their itineraries aren't out.  The cruise we booked on X for 9 says was less than the 10 day cruise on Princess.  So we went with the cruise that gave us what we wanted