Ordering Two Drinks at once for couple - Plus Package?

Tripmode33

Have enjoyed reading all the advice from other cruisers as we prepare for our first cruise back in a fortnight (Coral). I am seeking input from recent cruisers re using the Plus Package (first ever drinks package for us). I have read conflicting advice re whether one person can order two drinks at once (not worried about reaching the drinks cap but we don't want to be charged for the second drink). So, say, if my partner went up and ordered two glasses of wine, or two specialty coffees (one for each of us), is that permitted under the Plus Package?  Or do we each have to go up with our own medallions and order separately?  Similarly on the App with ordering drinks or specialty coffees - do we each have to sign into our App and order separately?  If so, when we both use our device to order a glass of wine to be delivered to us, do they somehow 'link' the two orders and know to deliver them together?  Your advice is really appreciated.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

Have enjoyed reading all the advice from other cruisers as we prepare for our first cruise back in a fortnight (Coral). I am seeking input from recent cruisers re using the Plus Package (first ever drinks package for us). I have read conflicting advice re whether one person can order two drinks at once (not worried about reaching the drinks cap but we don't want to be charged for the second drink). So, say, if my partner went up and ordered two glasses of wine, or two specialty coffees (one for each of us), is that permitted under the Plus Package?  Or do we each have to go up with our own medallions and order separately?  Similarly on the App with ordering drinks or specialty coffees - do we each have to sign into our App and order separately?  If so, when we both use our device to order a glass of wine to be delivered to us, do they somehow 'link' the two orders and know to deliver them together?  Your advice is really appreciated.  Thank you!

No problem ordering two drinks at once, with one medallion, on our cruise that ended today.

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No problem ordering two drinks at once, with one medallion, on our cruise that ended today.

Thanks - appreciate that advice.  Will make it easier.  I had read in a thread somewhere that if you ordered two on one medallion, only the first would be included under Plus package and you'd be charged on your account for the second.  So, good to know firsthand that it worked fine for you.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Thanks - appreciate that advice.  Will make it easier.  I had read in a thread somewhere that if you ordered two on one medallion, only the first would be included under Plus package and you'd be charged on your account for the second.  So, good to know firsthand that it worked fine for you.  Thanks.

We have done this and just mentioned one is for my wife/husband and have not had a problem. If they look they can see both in the room have the drink package. We  come nowhere  close to hitting the 15 drink limit so it doesn't really matter whose account it is charged to. 

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

We have done this and just mentioned one is for my wife/husband and have not had a problem. If they look they can see both in the room have the drink package. We  come nowhere  close to hitting the 15 drink limit so it doesn't really matter whose account it is charged to. 

Not a big drinker and hubby drinks only soda, 15 drink limit is that for the cruise? Does that include specialty coffee, water, soda and alcohol for the cruise? We are on a 15 day Hawaii trip and have the premium drink package now confused if 15 is per day (never happen) or 15 for entire cruise like the old coffee cards were.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Not a big drinker and hubby drinks only soda, 15 drink limit is that for the cruise? Does that include specialty coffee, water, soda and alcohol for the cruise? We are on a 15 day Hawaii trip and have the premium drink package now confused if 15 is per day (never happen) or 15 for entire cruise like the old coffee cards were.

Thanks

It's 15 alcoholic drinks per day per person.

No limit on non alcoholic drinks at all.

3 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thank you very much no way would I be able to drink 15 in a single day.

Me neither but I did sit next to a gentleman (who posts on here frequently, btw) who ordered a drink and was told by the bartender "Sorry, that would be number 16". His response was that it was obviously time to switch to water! 😁

The one nice thing about the (what I consider high) limit of 15 is that you can try something new and if you don't like it, just don't finish it.

Edited by chamima

1 hour ago, chamima said:

The one nice thing about the (what I consider high) limit of 15 is that you can try something new and if you don't like it, just don't finish it.

Or just give it to your partner to finish. 😄

I bought a coffee card on our cruise a month ago. When ordering they see your medallion and would usually read my name off to confirm they were seeing the correct medallion. But sometimes they would say our cabin number instead. At the end of the cruise I noticed two charges of $3.45 (I think it was) on my wife’s account. So they likely picked up my wife’s medallion as she was with me and if they read our room number rather than my name we didn’t catch it. I’m not sure if one person can have Plus and one the basic fare or not but there is certainly room for similar errors if that is something that can be done.

Edited by AE_Collector

1 hour ago, AE_Collector said:

I bought a coffee card on our cruise a month ago. When ordering they see your medallion and would usually read my name off to confirm they were seeing the correct medallion. But sometimes they would say our cabin number instead. At the end of the cruise I noticed two charges of $3.45 (I think it was) on my wife’s account. So they likely picked up my wife’s medallion as she was with me and if they read our room number rather than my name we didn’t catch it. I’m not sure if one person can have Plus and one the basic fare or not but there is certainly room for similar errors if that is something that can be done.

I was charged for a beer with a glass and I don’t even drink beer.  

2 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

I’m not sure if one person can have Plus and one the basic fare or not but there is certainly room for similar errors if that is something that can be done.

Nope, unless the cabinmate is a minor.  And even then, they are charged the Plus fare option.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

I’m not sure if one person can have Plus and one the basic fare or not but there is certainly room for similar errors if that is something that can be done.

1st two people in the cabin must have the same package (or no package at all). 2nd two people in the cabin do not have to have a package if the first two have one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

They remove it no questions asked but it’s a hassle every time to get it taken care of. They need to figure out some way to prevent that from happening

It only happened to us once in 30 days so it wasn't a major problem.

Watching the busy bartenders, it's apparent how it could have occurred.  They're in such a rush during the day, the new billing system they've created takes to long to input each individual order so they accumulate paper tickets until a slow period when they can enter them. 

I actually saw the crew one afternoon on the Enchanted who lost a "bunch" of the paper tickets before they were entered. They were going crazy looking through the garbage can for them. I suppose all those people received free drinks. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It only happened to us once in 30 days so it wasn't a major problem.

Watching the busy bartenders, it's apparent how it could have occurred.  They're in such a rush during the day, the new billing system they've created takes to long to input each individual order so they accumulate paper tickets until a slow period when they can enter them. 

I actually saw the crew one afternoon on the Enchanted who lost a "bunch" of the paper tickets before they were entered. They were going crazy looking through the garbage can for them. I suppose all those people received free drinks. 

Entertaining to watch ... but no way to run a business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pms4104 said:

Entertaining to watch ... but no way to run a business.

Since this was the first time these ships were using the medallion with the plus package I'm certain that the IT dept. never realized how difficult it was to implement during a busy day on a ship. Making a correction immediately is probably not practical but in the future I'm sure it will be changed to operate more efficiently.

In the mean time we'll be closely checking our liquor account daily. 

On 6/4/2022 at 9:20 AM, chamima said:

Me neither but I did sit next to a gentleman (who posts on here frequently, btw) who ordered a drink and was told by the bartender "Sorry, that would be number 16". His response was that it was obviously time to switch to water! 😁

I work with a guy he and his family always get the package and start drinking when they get up until they go to bed. HOA do they remember their vacation 😃.