Which deck is better for Yacht Club?

snowmc

What is your preference?  Quiet? Deck 15, with spa below (so quiet at night) and cabins above.  Access to Top Sail Lounge and The One area?  Deck 16.  There's no real wrong deck.

• Like 3

We were in 16018 on Divina and starting at 6:45 AM there was banging and dragging sounds from the One Bar buffet area every day. We went up and found them pulling chairs off the table and then pushing the tables into place. We asked to be moved and we were. I’m a light sleeper though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ddlb said:

What about that 19 that’s what I booked 19038 on the seashore. 

OP was asking about the Divina.  In your situation, you've got another disability interior.  Above you is the main women's restroom, so noise would not likely be a factor at night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

OP was asking about the Divina.  In your situation, you've got another disability interior.  Above you is the main women's restroom, so noise would not likely be a factor at night.

Thanks. Guess i will check out the deck plan again. I thought it was pretty neat that it was a short walk to the deck from the cabin pretty cool. Just didn’t know about noise or anything.

16 hours ago, ddlb said:

Thanks. Guess i will check out the deck plan again. I thought it was pretty neat that it was a short walk to the deck from the cabin pretty cool. Just didn’t know about noise or anything.

No.  I meant you would be pretty well off.  The elevator is right outside your door, and the room should be generally quiet.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, ddlb said:

What about that 19 that’s what I booked 19038.

Grandma is in that room right now on Seashore. She has not mentioned anything waking her up.

Room 19038 is about 15 steps from the elevator that serves YC floors. Also, i

did not have to worry about her using stairs to go to lounge, dining room or pool deck.

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, frank808 said:

Grandma is in that room right now on Seashore. She has not mentioned anything waking her up.

Room 19038 is about 15 steps from the elevator that serves YC floors. Also, i

did not have to worry about her using stairs to go to lounge, dining room or pool deck.

Do you have photos of this cabin?  I’m booked in it and I’ve never had an interior or hdc cabin.  Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Do you have photos of this cabin?  I’m booked in it and I’ve never had an interior or hdc cabin.  Thanks. 

Stateroom 19035 Inside H is port side (mirrored to 19038) and part of Yacht Club cabin tour in a You*tube video.. at minute 2:12..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Sorry about your need for a handicapped room.  From experience, it has ample room for movement and storage of a wheelchair.  The only drawback is having only a very small closet and incidental storage.  You should be fine as a single, as there are ample emergency notification pull cords around the room should you need assistance.

54 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Sorry about your need for a handicapped room.  From experience, it has ample room for movement and storage of a wheelchair.  The only drawback is having only a very small closet and incidental storage.  You should be fine as a single, as there are ample emergency notification pull cords around the room should you need assistance.

I’m sorry, I don’t need the handicapped cabin. My agent booked it when I asked for this cruise.  I was hoping I’d get bumped out and up to a balcony    So far that’s not happened. Maybe that was the only interior cabin in YC available at the time of booking 

Edited by Cruisergal1208

2 hours ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

I’m sorry, I don’t need the handicapped cabin.

You'll be fine, then.  The room is large enough you won't feel pinned in, and you are so close to balcony style views from the front of the Top Sail Lounge or the One Deck, you won't miss not having a balcony.

On our past 2 weeks, I went out on the balcony once or twice for a total of no more than a minute total.  I find it too hot to use the balcony in the Caribbean. 

The one place I will need a balcony is Alaska. Nothing beats watching the scenery go by from your bed or couch. 

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

On our past 2 weeks, I went out on the balcony once or twice for a total of no more than a minute total.  I find it too hot to use the balcony in the Caribbean. 

The one place I will need a balcony is Alaska. Nothing beats watching the scenery go by from your bed or couch. 

Would you say better than the view from TSL?

The view from you YC1 would be better as it would be private us you would be "closer" to see. The TSL has good views from the couches on the side but you have glass between you and the ocean. While your own balcony the ledge goes up half way.

• Like 1