Turn around on Bermuda Application?

3red7s

Hello everyone....we sail out of Newark on the Summit on June 26th.   I just completed my on line application for travel to Bermuda on June 5th.  Can anyone tell me how many days until i can expect an "approval"?  Thank you

Going on the 6/12 cruise. Applied 5/10. Emailed on 5/24 with no response. My mom got her approval today. I called the hotline, waited 20 minutes on hold, gave them my number and approval in my inbox within minutes. 

Can you give me the hotline number?  My husband has received approval as of today, and we both sent in our applications on May 22.  We sail on June 19th.  I have heard nothing about mine.

Edited by Water709

11 hours ago, Water709 said:

Can you give me the hotline number?  My husband has received approval as of today, and we both sent in our applications on May 22.  We sail on June 19th.  I have heard nothing about mine.

Toll free number - 1-833-570-2594 (supposed to be used only if traveling within 24 hours).

• Thanks 1

When I did ours they responded overnight and I screwed up and was rejected because my Navica results were password protected.   I resubmitted and after 12 hours I had not received.  I sent and e-mail to the address on the submission page.   They responded back with an approval in 10 minutes.

Sailing June 19, we have received one approval out of four, which was under a week from application (don't have exact date). The rest of us are still waiting, and mine was the first one sent, on 5/29. Doesn't seem to be a timeline really, but I did hear that they prioritize based on sailing date as you do have to enter your ship and sailing date initially. 

Greetings all-

Cruise Date: 19 June 22-Joy

Applied for Wife and I: 21 MAY (I was assuming I was on the weird language that stated I needed to still upload test 2 days prior before the new policy change; called to confirm this. I was told that i do not need to do this any longer in accordance with the new language set forth and to bring my results to the pier with the approved travel authorization.

Called Bermuda 800 number on 8 June

Advised sailing date of 19 June would be priority screened between 8-12 June and If I had no reponse by the 12th to call back the 13th to the 800 line to manually push approval.

Hope this helps in any way possible.

Sailing on 16th June.   Applied on May 28th - 3 travelers within minutes of each other.

Received approvals on 3rd June, 7th June and 8th June.

If the order of submission was 1,2,3 then approvals related to them came as 3,1,2. Not sure what the logic is in the process, but its done so I'm good with it.

18 minutes ago, uksaint said:

Sailing on 16th June.   Applied on May 28th - 3 travelers within minutes of each other.

Received approvals on 3rd June, 7th June and 8th June.

If the order of submission was 1,2,3 then approvals related to them came as 3,1,2. Not sure what the logic is in the process, but its done so I'm good with it.

They have stated the order of approvals is random. It would seem the applications get parceled out to different employees for review 

Glad to have feedback. For our Summit sailing on June 19 I submitted applications on May 22nd and only received my wife's approval so far. Still waiting on mine. Was going to give them until Monday June 13th to send it before calling the hotline.

We are sailing on the Summit 6/12, yesterday 6/8 we received an email  from Celebrity telling us that we needed this form. This is the first time we heard about this, we applied yesterday and received our approval this morning 6/9 about 9am.

We are sailing to Bermuda this August, and I was starting to prepare for the Covid testing and Bermuda visa.  I mentioned this to my mom, who happens to be taking a land tour of Bermuda this week.  She said, "What Bermuda travel authorization application?"  I asked her when her flight was, and she told me in four days.  So needless to say, I got a last minute travel authorization for my parents submitted quickly.  Thankfully, Bermuda processed the applications quickly (within 3-4 hours of Covid testing results being submitted).  Different members of the party were approved at different times so don't worry if there's a one or two hour delay.  One of the four was not approved by 5:30 the day before she flew, and I called their office and the woman who picked up the phone asked me the application number, put me on hold, and processed the application immediately.  My aunt took the antigen test too soon and they did catch that, so you need to follow their directions about which tests can be taken on the proper day.  But all that happens is they tell you to take the right test and resubmit so you don't have to pay another fee.   So today my mom is flying to Bermuda and I hope that everyone finds out about this authorization ahead of time.   They don't appear to be backed up right now, but who knows what will happen when all the schools close for summer vacation on the East Coast.

• Like 1

seems to be smoother now. however our experience was not as smooth as those reporting. Just so those that are reading this know that there are still hip ups. We submitted out TA forms 30 days out. We recieved two of 5 authorizations one week out. I was waiting on the others to follow.  and gettign nervous hearing how other were getting TA without problems. Sent two subseqent email on successive days when nothing arrived. those emails seemed to fall into the ether. I then found the toll free number on the the CC thread , thankyou to the person that posted the number. ( in need to go back and do that) . I called the number the person on the line was less than personable, very effiencient , but unreliable. told me that the TA were sent and that i needed to check spam and suspect boxes. I did this for about the 6th time with her on the line. I told her i have several missing TAs. she asks well "how many is that" . I then gave her the 3 missing numbers again she said they were sent again. I asked if she could resend them , "she says I already have". I saw the first drop, told her "I got it" , saw the second on drop told her " I got two" , she said " good " and dropped off the call . I waited, and waited. and yes checked suspect and spam , no record. SO i called back and went back into the que. the next lady was very pleasant, did not question where I looked for the email , do not become standoffish, she simplely asked the number and said I got it , confirmed the name and the email and let me know she had just sent it and there is was in my email. RELIEF! I understand that the processing of the TA is a time sensitive issue and i trust the center is doing their best, but 'be nice'. Just as in any service industry you are the first impression of a culture . given my first converstion  -  you can stay there and i have no need to go there. Given the second conversation, that is place i'd like to see. More than i intended to say. but bottom line be patient but don't wait to the last minute and with someone on the line the process seems to happen instantaneously. I called two days before imbarkation. The Bermuda toll free number that was posted is : 833 570 2594 hope this helps . 

2 minutes ago, trippe1075 said:

If my in-laws are not getting off the ship while we are in Bermuda, do they need to submit this form and pay the money??

TIA

Yes, everyone must submit and receive approval. The $40 per person is the key. Total money grab.

Once the ship enters Bermuda territorial waters, you're in Bermuda. So, TA and payment are required.

I believe, even Bermudians that leave and return are required to do this too.

1 minute ago, bkrickles1 said:

Yes, everyone must submit and receive approval. The $40 per person is the key. Total money grab.

Once the ship enters Bermuda territorial waters, you're in Bermuda. So, TA and payment are required.

I believe, even Bermudians that leave and return are required to do this too.

Money grab is right. Thanks for the feedback

Applied on 5/20 for a 6/19 cruise.  Received one about 5 days ago and the second two days later.  When I called the woman reassured me that we would get them and they are handled randomly by computer system and by date of sailing.  I questioned why my husband got his and not me as I did mine first.  She must get that question a lot and had her standard answer: You will get it.

I think I worried too much too soon.  It did work out.  Hope everyone has the same experience.

• Like 1

Hopefully it’ll be better now! May 2022 was a mess. Had 3 separate negative test but none came through in time, thanks CVS and rapid response test unavailable in our state. Long story had to go to airport in Jersey for $250 test for wife! Hotline not working on toll free number. $90 charge for other number.
One couple were casual about it and didn’t get onboard.

Double vaccinated and double boosted and negative 3 test prior and we came home from cruise with Covid-19!
Remember being on jammed packed bus in Bermuda to horseshoe beach with our masks on others none.

And then RCL is testing those not vaccinated for return to USA. Also heard 150 passengers onboard quarantine.
Don’t know what the answer is but now going through Covid-19 is no picnic age over 65! And this rebound Covid-19 really stinks, worst than first go round!

• Thanks 1