Sky Princess

u2harmony

Good afternoon, 

I've read some mixed reviews for sure.

Wondering if anyone would seriously NOT recommend the Sky Princess for a 7 day Fjords cruise? 

Husband and I are in our late 50's and booking an aft suite.  

We've cruised Princess twice before and LOVED it. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, u2harmony said:

Good afternoon, 

I've read some mixed reviews for sure.

Wondering if anyone would seriously NOT recommend the Sky Princess for a 7 day Fjords cruise? 

Husband and I are in our late 50's and booking an aft suite.  

We've cruised Princess twice before and LOVED it. 

Thanks in advance. 

I’ve travelled on the Sky before and I am again in September for 2 weeks so I’m happy with the ship. However, the actual ports of call would be of concern to me. You need, in my opinion, to go on an itinerary where the ship actually travels a fjord or 2 and not just stop at the all so common Stavanger, Bergen etc. I’d want at least Flam and or Geirangerfjord as a must. Some of the ports can be a bit of a disappointment unfortunately. 

We did the 7 night Fjord cruise last week, our Fourth Fjord cruise and our second time on Sky Princess.  Would have no hesitation sailing the same cruise again.  
it includes beautiful Fjord cruising, including Sognerfjord, Norways longest and deepest Fjord. 

On 6/15/2022 at 4:47 AM, Pink-belle said:

I posted a brief review here.

The last paragraph was actually written by me, in reference to the Emerald. I am not sure why @Pink-belle included it in reference to the Sky. 🤔

31 minutes ago, nini said:

The last paragraph was actually written by me, in reference to the Emerald. I am not sure why @Pink-belle included it in reference to the Sky. 🤔

I have no idea what you mean by this comment?

I posted a link to a thread I had posted in regarding a cruise on Sky Princess on the 4th June. As the OP of this thread had specifically asked for information about the Sky Princess and this itinerary. 

Admittedly, in that thread you chose to take it off topic and post about your cruise on Emerald, but that had nothing to do with me posting a link. 

44 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I have no idea what you mean by this comment?

I posted a link to a thread I had posted in regarding a cruise on Sky Princess on the 4th June. As the OP of this thread had specifically asked for information about the Sky Princess and this itinerary. 

Admittedly, in that thread you chose to take it off topic and post about your cruise on Emerald, but that had nothing to do with me posting a link. 

The point is, I was puzzled why my post was included on your post where the first sentence was "I posted a brief review here". In reality, I guess I am flattered.

BTW- with your logic, @PescadoAmarillo should also not have referred to the Ruby in the thread titled "Sky Princess Norwegian Fjords June 22".

• Like 1

We were on the Sky for her last voyage prior to the shutdown.   It was a Caribbean cruise.  We had an aft facing balcony.   She's a  BEAUTIFUL ship!!!   

My only reservation would be that you really research which floor you're on.  Some of the aft facing balconies are tiny, narrow--even if you have a full suite--those floors also do not have overhead coverage.

Have a wonderful cruise!!