New NCL AMEX Offer - $250 off $1,000 (Targeted)

I was pleasantly surprised today when I checked my AMEX offers on my AMEX Platinum card and saw an offer for $250 off of $1,000 spend with Norwegian Cruise Line. 

Check your offers and be sure to add the offer as these are highly targeted and are also quantity limited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cruise Gopher,  

Thank you very much for seeing the Amex offer.  

I have the basic blue card and my promotion was $1250 off $1000.  Guess I got lucky.

Here is something for others to try.  I did this in the past with a Carnival Amex offer and it worked.  Contact Amex and ask for a 2nd card under your primary account. It will have a different account number.  The offer should/may also be eligible on the 2nd card. You can double dip. 

With my blue card, there is no annual fee so it is basically free money.  Just ordered the 2nd card. 

9 minutes ago, destar said:

Cruise Golpher, is this for a specific NCL Amex or any Amex card?

It’s a targeted offer and may show up on any type of Amex account. But typically the better (higher discount) offers show up on the premium cards like the Platinum card. But as you can see here others are reporting smaller offers on other types of Amex cards. 

1 hour ago, hrmkr said:

Cruise Gopher,  

Thank you very much for seeing the Amex offer.  

I have the basic blue card and my promotion was $1250 off $1000.  Guess I got lucky.

Here is something for others to try.  I did this in the past with a Carnival Amex offer and it worked.  Contact Amex and ask for a 2nd card under your primary account. It will have a different account number.  The offer should/may also be eligible on the 2nd card. You can double dip. 

With my blue card, there is no annual fee so it is basically free money.  Just ordered the 2nd card. 

The last offer they had with American Express, the offer only appeared on the first card on our account.  I contacted Amex and they said it is not a given that both users will receive the same offer.  Just a heads up.  I was bummed out and none of our cards are part of this offer.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kickbutt10 said:

The last offer they had with American Express, the offer only appeared on the first card on our account.  I contacted Amex and they said it is not a given that both users will receive the same offer.  Just a heads up.  I was bummed out and none of our cards are part of this offer.  

Keep checking over the next few days.

Also, only 100 offers are visible, but you may have way more available to you. So to get more offers to load in, add a whole bunch of offers to your card, then sign out and back in and you will see more available offers. If it still says 100 available then keep adding a bunch more so more new ones load in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It’s a targeted offer and may show up on any type of Amex account. But typically the better (higher discount) offers show up on the premium cards like the Platinum card. But as you can see here others are reporting smaller offers on other types of Amex cards. 

I have 2 amex, Gold and Delta airlines, i can see the 100 offers, nothing on NCL.

12 minutes ago, destar said:

I have 2 amex, Gold and Delta airlines, i can see the 100 offers, nothing on NCL.

Try my suggestion above to get more offers to load in….

Only 100 offers are visible, but you may have way more available to you. So to get more offers to load in, add a whole bunch of offers to your card, then sign out and back in and you will see more available offers. If it still says 100 available then keep adding a bunch more so more new ones load in. 

2 hours ago, destar said:

I have the Delta Airlines Platinum card and it's not showing for us, either.

Not on my Delta Airlines Platinum,  but is on my Blue Cash at $250 for $1000 spend.  Yes the person that got $1250 off $1000 is definitely lucky.  🙂  🙂   Yes I realize that was probably a typo...

Edited by davencl

3 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Also, only 100 offers are visible, but you may have way more available to you. So to get more offers to load in, add a whole bunch of offers to your card, then sign out and back in and you will see more available offers. If it still says 100 available then keep adding a bunch more so more new ones load in. 

That's a great tip on the 100 offers, but I had so many targeted I ended up adding 285 and still didn't get the NCL one 😂🤦

23 minutes ago, davencl said:

Not on my Delta Airlines Platinum

I'm not sure that I've ever seen another company's travel offer, other than for airport parking, on my Delta Amex.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 2

Checked both my cards - no offers.  I even spent a little extra time adding some offers I knew I wouldn't use.  Zip, Zilch. Nada.  I have my eye on a bucket list cruise and this would have been a welcome addition.  Thanks for posting. 

12 hours ago, kickbutt10 said:

They stopped that; I remember reading about that when it was stopped.

It was great when it existed. I know for a HAL cruise we once got it on both connected cards. And later the offer came up again, and as it was after final payment, I bought $500 OBC and got another $100 credit. (I was at first afraid with other OBC, I would not be able to use it all, but then DW wanted the most expensive Anne of Green Gable tour, and it was easily spent.)

12 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

That has worked for me in the past.

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I presume these deals are for new bookings, and not paying on an existing reservation.

They usually read that way, but I have found in the past (using offers from Carnival Corporation) that if the charge is to the right place, the offer kicks in. When Amex recieves the charge, they only know where it is going, not specifically what it is for.