Presidents Cruise question

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure that's accurate 

Concert in Skagway

It's the band "Foreigner".

However Mick Jones who was the leader and only remaining member from the 70's & 80's is not playing live with them anymore.

So technically they have become a tribute band...

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Come on. I'm not even a pinn but was considering it. July to me is so hot in texas. 

Allure July 23 2023. Announced yesterday. I'm sure by tomorrow there will be more reaction.

Unfortunately we already have a B3B booked on Wonder for next July, so we will miss this one.☹️

17 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

However Mick Jones who was the leader and only remaining member from the 70's & 80's is not playing live with them anymore.

But he is still running the show and calling all the shots....

17 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

You obviously have no clue about the evolution of show bands. What a surprise...

Did Journey stop being Journey when Steve Perry retired? Is it any less Journey now that Arnel Pineda is singing lead?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Mick performed with the band for USO shows in Europe in May according to the official Foreigner band website. So It looks like Mick likely owns the rights to the Foreigner name,  and as such, his is the official band.  Even many of the old members of the band (the ones still alive) occasionally join this band for "Foreigner" shows. 

Edited by DirtyDawg

48 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Man, that is Cold As Ice! 😃

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

But he is still running the show and calling all the shots....

You obviously have no clue about the evolution of show bands. What a surprise...

Did Journey stop being Journey when Steve Perry retired? Is it any less Journey now that Arnel Pineda is singing lead?

My nephew and his wife live in England and went to a big music festival last night. Paul McCartney was the headliner and apparently played 9 Beatles songs as part of his set. I understand the tickets were quite expensive. I guess they really overpaid just to hear a Beatles tribute band. 😉

• Haha 4

We were on a President's cruise on Allure a few years ago. Diamonds and D+ were kicked out of the Diamond lounge. Pinnacles only. Had problems getting reservations in specialty restaurants. Patti LaBelle was headliner. The cruise fare was very good but would not do it again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds to me like a huge "Pissing Contest" why would you even want to be in there? or for that matter why would you even want to be on that cruise?

Hope people just don't book for the swag.......a hat and a pen and Royal slippers?

I booked this cruise 5 months ago. We are locked into it for multiple reasons. We will still have a good time. 

49 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

We were on a President's cruise on Allure a few years ago. Diamonds and D+ were kicked out of the Diamond lounge. Pinnacles only. Had problems getting reservations in specialty restaurants. Patti LaBelle was headliner. The cruise fare was very good but would not do it again.

Interesting that you would not do it again. Thanks

@OurusualbeachI'm decided no.

51 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

I booked this cruise 5 months ago. We are locked into it for multiple reasons. We will still have a good time. 

Agreed if all ready booked, go ahead and go but I surely wouldn't go out of my way to book one of those cruises. Probably see the price of cabins go up shortly too. Good you are locked in at your price.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds to me like a huge "Pissing Contest" why would you even want to be in there? or for that matter why would you even want to be on that cruise?

Hope people just don't book for the swag.......a hat and a pen and Royal slippers?

We did the presidents cruises in September 2016 and September 2017                   Never again, way too many top level C&A  members who think they better  than us  minions

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Interesting that you would not do it again. Thanks

@OurusualbeachI'm decided no.

Every venue was very crowded. We would go from bar to bar trying to find seats. D and D+ Happy Hour was at the Entertainment Place and it reminded me of the Hunger Games. If you got there at 5:05, there were no chairs available and if you left your table to get some of the really lame munchies, you might find your chair had been stolen. It was crazy. Of course, this was before the vouchers but that might make the bars even more crowded. We understand that the cruise line wants to thank its most loyal customers but we felt like second class citizens. It's just not something I'd like to experience again.

Edited by CruisinNole
  • Like 1

We are going on our first cruise out of Galveston in August.  If my wife had more time off and we had less plans, we would probably do this one.  

Galveston is the perfect port as it is an hour so away…it is the worst port in terms of places I would like to go on a cruise.  It would be fine for one off cruise, like this one, or a late addition to the schedule.  Otherwise, we like to go to other ports.

I hope everyone who goes has a fantastic time!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasRon said:

I only want to go on these type of cruises to flaunt my superiority.

Some go just to do that.

It's also good to go on if you are a Travel Agent to spread your info around. If you only get a few new clients per sailing it's  great because these clients will book a lot of cruises, can be quite lucrative. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Some go just to do that.

It's also good to go on if you are a Travel Agent to spread your info around. If you only get a few new clients per sailing it's  great because these clients will book a lot of cruises, can be quite lucrative. 🙂

Yeah, I have thought about finding a good one of those to help with stuff I book.  If they can do it for me and make a buck while taking good care of me, why not?  We do a couple of cruises a year so we aren’t high value…we are some value…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed if all ready booked, go ahead and go but I surely wouldn't go out of my way to book one of those cruises. Probably see the price of cabins go up shortly too. Good you are locked in at your price.

I wouldn’t have gone out of my way either. Any hope for a price drop just vanished, but I’m good with what I paid. 

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Even many of the old members of the band (the ones still alive) occasionally join this band for "Foreigner" shows. 

My cousin Lou Gramm(atico) is still alive and kicking at 72, but we lost touch decades ago. I don't think he is singing anymore.