Has anyone taken a water bottle (full) on board?

We're due to join Wonder OTS today and I'm trying to find out if we fill our water bottle (plastic reusable) at the hotel will we have it confiscated when we go through security? I know it's fine empty and I know that you can take bottles and cans (I presume sealed) on as well in carry on I just don't know if this scenario is ok? 

Does anyone know? 

8 hours ago, PolytheneGirl said:

We're due to join Wonder OTS today and I'm trying to find out if we fill our water bottle (plastic reusable) at the hotel will we have it confiscated when we go through security? I know it's fine empty and I know that you can take bottles and cans (I presume sealed) on as well in carry on I just don't know if this scenario is ok? 

Does anyone know? 

You won’t have a problem, this isn’t TSA. 

My wife takes her full Yeti through at embarkation all the time. 

• Like 1

We take refillable wide-mouth bottles. Mine happened to be in my carryon, and I was stopped at port security to show it.  When they saw it was empty I was fine.  It's easy to refill onboard - cabin tap and buffet dispensers via a glass.

I carry a 2 qt Yeti widemouth everywhere - every shore excursion.  Only rarely do the scanner folks ask me to empty it.  More likely on boarding day, but most of the time they pretend to look the other way.

6 hours ago, poocher said:

Totally honest question, why would it be necessary to bring a full water bottle on board?  

Because we had 2 full bottles of water for free in the hotel that we wanted to bring with us for while we were queuing and getting checked in. Temps have been 30ish in Barcelona the last few days and since we had that water anyways it seemed like a good idea for staying hydrated. We've heard a multitude of different stories and experiences of queuing and getting boarded so I really wasn't sure how long it would take. 

In the end we didn't bother risking it but we got through and embarked in about 20 mins from arriving at the port! 

• Thanks 1

Just came back from an 11 night Baltic Cruise, in every port we bought a large bottle of water and some smaller ones and security never once even looked at them.

We carried it in both our backpack and in shopping bags. They never watched my wifes sporting plastic bottle she always carries either.

It might or might not have been an accident later in our cabin when my wife got a mouthful of Jack Daniels instead of water when she drank directly from the bottle... 😎

• Haha 2

On a cruise out of Houston, my DH had a half full bottle of water.  He wanted to use it because it had a flip top lid.  Security said he had to throw it out.  DH asked if it was empty could he keep it.  Security said yes, so he chugged the water in front of her.  She looked shocked, but he kept his bottle. 😂

19 hours ago, George C said:

Back pre drink package, I would bring a reusable water bottle filled with cognac, never had a issue. 

For cognac it should actually be Coke or Ice Tea bottle. 🙂

13 hours ago, JamesEM said:

I had a half full bottle of water and a security guy shook the bottle, saw no bubbles and gave the bottle back to me. 

I had a security person open it and smell it and then give it back to me.  I asked them if they wanted a sip. 🤣 I guess they wanted to know if it was clear alcohol like vodka or gin. When they realized it was only water they returned it. 

• Like 1