Always Included - Confused!

MrsGUk

This is my first ever cruise (Celebrity Edge  Mediterranean ) and I booked it on the understanding that drinks etc are included. I logged in to upgrade my drinks package and all drinks packages are showing at full price £64 a day or something for classic.

I paid my balance in full a couple of months ago. Do I not have "Always Included"?? Help!

image.png

37 minutes ago, MrsGUk said:

I paid my balance in full a couple of months ago. Do I not have "Always Included"?? Help!

image.png

All is fine, the only problem is that your promotions have not been 'unbundled' yet, so the website can't see you already have the class drinks package so it doesn't offer you the upgrade options.

It will take a phone call, but the agent will be able to fix this for you...

All is fine - you have Classic Drinks Package.

I would wait to upgrade until you are aboard, it will cost the same.  Remember the person who does the upgrade gets the commission, so choose the bar you intend to frequent the most and the barman/waiter. Enjoy.......

6 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

I would wait to upgrade until you are aboard, it will cost the same.

There are sometimes promotions, and as people found out recently, price rises, so it doesn't always pay to wait...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

There are sometimes promotions, and as people found out recently, price rises, so it doesn't always pay to wait...

The UK site currently has 9% off premium and 9% off classic drinks packages. I'm in same position as the OP, fully paid but it's not been 'unbundled' in their system so it shows full price for both classic and premium packages for me. I'm wondering if there is a 9% discount on upgrading currently, or if because both packages currently have 9% off so the price differential is roughly the same, the upgrade price will be the same. 

I'm guessing it'll need a phone call but I don't have time for an hour on hold right now lol

They really should sort out their IT systems so people wouldn't have to call in for something so simple as this!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

All is fine - you have Classic Drinks Package.

I would wait to upgrade until you are aboard, it will cost the same.  Remember the person who does the upgrade gets the commission, so choose the bar you intend to frequent the most and the barman/waiter. Enjoy.......

The crucial part is that if you order a drink over the classic price you only pay the difference plus the gratuity on the difference. For many people the cost of upgrading is simple not worth it. Check out the prices and see how many drinks would actually be over the limit. On a Med cruise that is also going to be port intensive this also reduces the time you are likely to be drinking. Finally you would both have to upgrade so again based on your drinking pattern this might be a bad choice. My rule of thumb is " the more Celebrity push an option, the less likely it is to be a great deal for me".

11 minutes ago, OysterD said:

The UK site currently has 9% off premium and 9% off classic drinks packages. I'm in same position as the OP, fully paid but it's not been 'unbundled' in their system so it shows full price for both classic and premium packages for me. I'm wondering if there is a 9% discount on upgrading currently, or if because both packages currently have 9% off so the price differential is roughly the same, the upgrade price will be the same. 

I'm guessing it'll need a phone call but I don't have time for an hour on hold right now lol

They really should sort out their IT systems so people wouldn't have to call in for something so simple as this!

Love the Roll Call name. Any chance you are from a place beginning with a "W" famous for Oysters? If you are we are originally from the same town.

You can call the Enhancement Team to upgrade in advance of the cruise.  That number is 800-722-5941.  Your Sea Pass will have the proper information coded on it from the start.  Same applies to WiFi if you need to upgrade that as well.  You cannot upgrade online as you will be charged the full price.

Don't be surprised to still find packages at full price even if the upgrade shows up.  That happens with our cruises.

As already suggested, you might just want to give them a call.  I'm beyond final payment for our upcoming sailing, and the only option I have to "call for upgrade."  That could be for any number of reasons, but I suspect it has something to do with the current promotion.

12 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

You can call the Enhancement Team to upgrade in advance of the cruise.  That number is 800-722-5941.  Your Sea Pass will have the proper information coded on it from the start.  Same applies to WiFi if you need to upgrade that as well.  You cannot upgrade online as you will be charged the full price.

The OP is not in the USA so that telehphone number probably will not work

This post reminds me of experience on our last cruise..back in April. When DH and I arrived at port.. the port agent looked at my husband and said.. "oh Mr Kearney are you traveling alone". The pusher who handled DHs wheelchair..took charge and got us to the counter..where after some time..they corrected the situation...however..they told me that I would have to go to guest relations to get my key card... which I did....  later we went to the Martini Bar and just before dinner we went to the sky lounge.. while there the bar tended noted DH's card listed Classic package..but my card did not.... so back to guest relations to get a new card...later I noticed a charge from the earlier visit to the Martini Bar.... a long way to go to remind people to make sure their cruise card notes your beverage package.

• Like 1