Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

On 7/12/2023 at 7:48 AM, Sleep7 said:

Iconic Western Med - Dec '23, Jan '24, February '24.

Ancient Med Treasures - Oct '23, Jan '24.

Cities of Antiquity and The Holy Land - Nov '23, Dec '24.

Journey to Antiquities - Dec '23, Jan '24.

Greek Odyssey - Dec '23.

Western Med Explorer - Nov '23.

Thanks for the info!  

One really dumb question though...where on the Viking site do I enter the MCS23 code? 

Edit - Figured it out...It was right in front of my face on the site and I missed somehow!

Edited by farmecologist
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

Thanks for the info!  

One really dumb question though...where on the Viking site do I enter the MCS23 code? 

Edit - Figured it out...It was right in front of my face on the site and I missed somehow!

Oh you’re so welcome! I hope it works out for you.😃

• Like 1

Ran across what I "believe" is a new promo code today on a TA's site so suspect it will be forthcoming from Viking shortly ... at least that's what I've experienced in the last few months.

It's ACU23 and gives you a discounted rate and free air.  I checked it out on the November 23 and January 24 Hawaii+Polynesia itinerary (the only ones I'm currently watching) and it worked on both.  Maybe this will take the place of SUM23 when it expires at the end of July (assuming they don't extend it yet again).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zelker said:

Ran across what I "believe" is a new promo code today on a TA's site so suspect it will be forthcoming from Viking shortly ... at least that's what I've experienced in the last few months.

It's ACU23 and gives you a discounted rate and free air.  I checked it out on the November 23 and January 24 Hawaii+Polynesia itinerary (the only ones I'm currently watching) and it worked on both.  Maybe this will take the place of SUM23 when it expires at the end of July (assuming they don't extend it yet again).

🙂  except free air fare from LA means nothing to some of us.

With they'd ditch the free air fares and cut the cruise price down even more.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

🙂  except free air fare from LA means nothing to some of us.

With they'd ditch the free air fares and cut the cruise price down even more.

Or give a nice OBC.  There is no free air out of PR.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 5:44 PM, zelker said:

Could you share the site, please? Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, sting1st said:

Could you share the site, please? Thank you. 

Hi - and welcome to CruiseCritic.

Sorry but we're not allowed to share travel agent website or names on CruiseCritic.  But you don't need to go to a specific TA's site to take advantage of a promo code.  Just go to the Viking site, select the cruise you're interested in, then click on Price and Build and there's a place to enter a promo code on that page.  I've found that some codes mentioned on this thread don't work for every single itinerary so I just keep trying them until I find one that works.  Good luck! 

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 3:44 PM, zelker said:

ACU23 is also valid on the December 19, 2023 sailing of Australia & New Zealand. It's offering cabin discounts and Free Airfare. Christmas and New Year's down under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

ACU23 is also valid on the December 19, 2023 sailing of Australia & New Zealand. It's offering cabin discounts and Free Airfare. Christmas and New Year's down under.

🙂  somehow coach airfare down to Australia doesn't sound so appealing.

Seems like they are doing a lot of these "free" airfare promotions these days.  (Of course free air isn't really free so to speak).  Wondering if they are doing something with air contracts that motivates them to do so?  

We did that last year for our Antarctic trip and the seats disappeared so keep an eye on the flights.  Also what we thought would be "premium" economy on Delta was only Delta Comfort, but still a good price!  It was just after Christmas so a VERY busy time to fly.  I bet you will have no issues.

Edited by deec

47 minutes ago, deec said:

We did that last year for our Antarctic trip and the seats disappeared so keep an eye on the flights.  Also what we thought would be "premium" economy on Delta was only Delta Comfort, but still a good price!  It was just after Christmas so a VERY busy time to fly.  I bet you will have no issues.

We are booked through United via Houston. They have that small middle section of the plane for whatever they call their premium economy. So far there are only 6 people in that section for the flight down. On the way back, we are the only seats taken in that section. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

And sometimes the airlines change plane types and you won’t get the class of seats you expected. We wanted to fly KLM’s new premium economy to Amsterdam, but it is not yet on all their planes as be aware that can always happen..

6 minutes ago, CorgiCruzr said:

Just found this. Great thread!  

Question:  Can I apply a Promo Code to an existing reservation and still get the discount (especially for air)?

It’s not as straightforward as you might think. It’s best to call Viking or your TA and inquiry about your specific booking. 

Edited by sting1st

42 minutes ago, CorgiCruzr said:

Just found this. Great thread!  

Question:  Can I apply a Promo Code to an existing reservation and still get the discount (especially for air)?

Possibly.  Have sometimes been able to do it via some shenanegans and sometimes not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CorgiCruzr said:

Just tried to apply SUM23 or ACU23 to three upcoming VO cruises (Tokyo-Bangkok, Mar-Apr 24; Brit Isles & Scandinavia, Aug 24; and Australia Circumnavigation, Jan 25).  Didn't work on any of them.

Others to try - OML and OCR; and if they don't work try EAN23, EBD, MCS23, RCU23

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Others to try - OML and OCR; and if they don't work try EAN23, EBD, MCS23, RCU23

Good luck!

Typically I find that EBD (Early Booking Discount) does nothing but bring up the current promotion that everyone gets when going to the website. If you remove it, nothing changes.

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Good luck!

What makes you think that Promos that are targeted to specific cruises/specific dates might be available to other cruises?