If only Celebrity could improve their website

RickT

I’ve seen a number of posts today about long wait times, inability to talk to reps and repeatedly being transferred in order to eventually talk to a rep who can assist.   Looking back at my last few calls to Celebrity (some of which went unanswered) I feel that most of my calls could have been handled via the website if Celebrity would allow it (make the transaction possible) on their website. 

Examples are:

- Upgrading drink package from classic to premium.  In order to receive my upgrade discount I need to call.  On my last cruise I was never able to reach anyone and eventually upgraded onboard without receiving a discount.  
- Receiving the Captain’s Club one category upgrade.  Unfortunately I can book a cruise on their website but in order to receive the upgrade I have to call. 
- Changing cabin.   It would be nice if the website would allow you to switch cabins (within the same category) on an existing booking.  Currently you have to call.

I’m sure there are many more possibilities.  It would free up reps for transactions/questions that can’t be handled online.

As I often say….”Thank god their cruise experience if better then their online experience”.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RickT said:

I’ve seen a number of posts today about long wait times, inability to talk to reps and repeatedly being transferred in order to eventually talk to a rep who can assist.   Looking back at my last few calls to Celebrity (some of which went unanswered) I feel that most of my calls could have been handled via the website if Celebrity would allow it (make the transaction possible) on their website. 

Examples are:

- Upgrading drink package from classic to premium.  In order to receive my upgrade discount I need to call.  On my last cruise I was never able to reach anyone and eventually upgraded onboard without receiving a discount.  
- Receiving the Captain’s Club one category upgrade.  Unfortunately I can book a cruise on their website but in order to receive the upgrade I have to call. 
- Changing cabin.   It would be nice if the website would allow you to switch cabins (within the same category) on an existing booking.  Currently you have to call.

I’m sure there are many more possibilities.  It would free up reps for transactions/questions that can’t be handled online.

As I often say….”Thank god their cruise experience if better then their online experience”.

Please don't try to inject logic into this🤣

14 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The website problems have been complained about since I first got on cc over fourteen years ago. To fix it probably would cost a lot of money, what’s their incentive? There is none until it does, until then live with it.

True, but it seems as though with every update of the website they seem to be regressing instead of advancing. It just requires a little more foresight on their part. The cumulative screwups make it hard to fix without starting from scratch.

• Like 1

Remember this is the improved website.   A couple years ago they paid a company Millions to make their website user friendly.    

In my humble opinion they have a larger problem with messaging in general and neither use usability testing or a staff of diligent proof readers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

True, but it seems as though with every update of the website they seem to be regressing instead of advancing. It just requires a little more foresight on their part. The cumulative screwups make it hard to fix without starting from scratch.

I’m sure if you volunteered your expert services to restructure their poorly designed website, they’d take you up on it.  😀

3 hours ago, RickT said:

Examples are:

100% agree; it’s probably a money grab where they hope they don’t have give discounts/upgrades.

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

There’s something wrong with the website? But it’s “award-winning “

of course, this is the award

8742FA2B-A3B2-46E7-9924-FDECC347CA35.jpeg

I think the biggest problem is that they are more concerned with the look instead of the functionality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

The website problems have been complained about since I first got on cc over fourteen years ago. To fix it probably would cost a lot of money, what’s their incentive? There is none until it does, until then live with it.

TBH there's a lot of logic.  I work in IT for a telecom, and I can't even begin to tell you how expensive it is to process a transaction with a human at a call centre vs. automating it and allowing the customer to 'self-serve' online.  We count those beans every day, and it's inexcusable that the things @RickT listed among others are not available online.

• Thanks 1