FLL - Princess transfer vs Uber/taxi

JoRoy218

Hey gang, looking for opinions…have a couple of upcoming trips out of FLL. We’ve used the Princess transfer many times in the past and get tired of sitting, waiting for the bus to fill up. Any opinions on taking local transfers  (Uber, etc) to pier. Thanks for any input. 

Uber/Lyft Taxi are less expensive, quicker and private vs. a Princess transfer pier to airport, airport to pier, hotel to pier and so on. Not sure where Uber lines up, but taxis are right outside the terminal and the cost to the airport is around $25, maybe less for two.

• Like 1

If you can't walk to the Uber?Lyft pick-up point at the airport, hop into a cab.

When disembarking the ship, I opt for a cab since they are already there instead of waiting for an Uber that's probably stuck in traffic to show up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

If you can't walk to the Uber?Lyft pick-up point at the airport, hop into a cab.

When disembarking the ship, I opt for a cab since they are already there instead of waiting for an Uber that's probably stuck in traffic to show up.

Same for us!  Lots of taxis waiting and the cost is low compared to the Princess transfer.

40 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Yes, a huge line of cabs and vans, in all sizes. 

You can Uber but its such a short ride from FLL to local hotels or port we take a readily available taxi. We never take Princess transport from the airport. And as someone who  has dealt with flight delays and cancellations this year, I will add that I hope you are not flying in the day of your cruise and going straight from FLL to the ship.

Remember that Princess transportation and shuttles in ports charge per person.  Taxis, Uber, and Lyft are per vehicle. Do the math.  For short distances the per vehicle price will be cheaper than the per person price.