New RC cruiser here ... some Mariner questions ...

We've cruised several times, but always on Carnival. Upcoming is our first RC cruise.

Is the escape room on Mariner open? When/how do we book this? Is there any additional fee?

What is the deal with Johnny Rockets? Is there an upcharge? Is it per item or a flat fee (I've seen mixed messages on this) Does our refreshment package apply if we just want beverages at Johnny Rockets, but not food?

We are big piano bar fans on Carnival ... for anyone who has cruised both cruiselines, how do the RC piano bars (The Schooner Bar, right?) compare?

Thanks!

Escape room was open end of May / first of June this year.  There is an extra charge, something like $10-$20 per person.  You can book through the App once you get onboard.

Johnny Rockets is an upcharge (haven't eaten here personally).  I am pretty sure it's a set fee upcharge and then all you can eat.  Drinks should be included with a refreshment package but that won't cover Milkshakes.

Schooner Bar is the piano bar, always filled every night.

OH - look for the stowaway Piano player.  He is on the move and won't be in any bar.  I think I've got some pics of him in my recent live Mariner review.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rewind said:

look for the stowaway Piano player.  He is on the move and won't be in any bar.  I think I've got some pics of him in my recent live Mariner review.

They are letting him back in the elevators, I think!  Otherwise, he's often on Deck 11 near Windjammer, or on any deck just outside the glass elevators.  

30 minutes ago, Rewind said:

Escape room was open end of May / first of June this year.  There is an extra charge, something like $10-$20 per person.  You can book through the App once you get onboard.

Johnny Rockets is an upcharge (haven't eaten here personally).  I am pretty sure it's a set fee upcharge and then all you can eat.  Drinks should be included with a refreshment package but that won't cover Milkshakes.

Schooner Bar is the piano bar, always filled every night.

OH - look for the stowaway Piano player.  He is on the move and won't be in any bar.  I think I've got some pics of him in my recent live Mariner review.

Is that a recent change? They used to be covered and it still says that they're covered on RCCL website. 

14 hours ago, dcgrumpy said:

Is that a recent change? They used to be covered and it still says that they're covered on RCCL website. 

I'm not sure on that one myself - we have Johnny Rockets in our town (that we never go to) so it's not a place we go on the cruise ship.  Maybe I'm thinking of it the other way - that you can buy milkshakes individually without having to pay the cover charge.

14 hours ago, flamingos said:

They are letting him back in the elevators, I think!  Otherwise, he's often on Deck 11 near Windjammer, or on any deck just outside the glass elevators.  

Yes they are:

PXL_20220602_235836150.thumb.jpg.3cb8b0855d6dc6347e360d93824ca78a.jpg

PXL_20220604_220431828.thumb.jpg.6653e90781979d227096c98f7673b943.jpg

Edited by Rewind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just going to post some pictures of the Stow-A-Way piano guy but Rewind beat me to it. He was on the Mariner on our May Bermuda cruise. What a hoot.

Johnny Rockets: We used to go there when it was just a few dollars. I think it's up in the teens now. Single price includes burgers/dogs/fries onion rings as much as you want. If I remember correctly, Sundaes were included?. Milkshakes were extra. Even though it's 1950's theme, for some reason the staff dances to cheesy 70's Disco.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I never understood why a chain fast food place on a cruise ship was so popular.

I agree. However, I don't see many Johnny Rockets in the areas we've lived in. But I do like going to Johnny Rockets on occasion. (Beats any other burgers available on RCL-in our opinion). At least I used to when it was only $3.95 flat fee. Burgers, fries, and onion rings are great and the fee wasn't bad. Now that prices are much higher, we don't go anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...