Azamazing Evening

Robb

Starting to finalize excursions for our Western Med March 23 Pursuit cruise out of Lisbon. On the first night in Barcelona, the tour options include an Azamazing Evening tour that I think is a flamenco show, though specific details are lacking. 

Darcy

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The website says the only exceptions are transatlantic crossings and cruises LESS than 7 nights, so yours should have one, but they maybe haven’t got it planned yet.

shore excursions show...

Destination Celebration : Paganini Show
TENERIFE, CANARY ISLANDS
DURATION: 1 HOURS 15 MINUTES

Join us for a complimentary onboard celebration of our arrival to the port of Tenerife.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 8:29 PM, aliaschief said:

We had an Azamazing Evening this week in Barbados on our Azamara Onward cruise.

Held in Bridgetown’s large Cricket arena.

Could you describe this event?  It is currently scheduled for our Azamazing Evening on the 12-night Caribbean in December 2023.  My husband has some mobility issues and I’m hoping he will be able to attend this event.

23 minutes ago, BuddyR said:

Could you describe this event?  It is currently scheduled for our Azamazing Evening on the 12-night Caribbean in December 2023.  My husband has some mobility issues and I’m hoping he will be able to attend this event.

We also attended this event and the stadium seating was less than ideal for those with mobility issues.

There were places to stand at ground level though.

You will be required to walk 5 minutes down the pier to board a bus for a very short transfer to the stadium.

It was a festive Caribbean event , but in my opinion could have easily been done onboard.

Edited by Ayden
Spelling

1 hour ago, BuddyR said:

Don’t hold me to this but I thought I heard folks with mobility issues could report to  Cabaret Lounge and special transportation would be provided. Hopefully, someone on that cruise can verify one way or the other. Upon return to ship there was one bus that dropped folks off right at the gang way. The rest of us had to walk a rather lengthy walk down the pier which could be an issue with a person with mobility issues.

The show itself featured the culture and music of Barbados and the islands. Pre show of two men costumed men on stilts and a steel drum band lasted about 45 minutes and in our opinion could have been shorter and the main started earlier.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BuddyR said:

Even when I only had walker the Azamazing Evenings had transportation for those needing assistance.  We’ve always had reserved seats and a large group of wheelchairs, with crew to transport you.  Recent we left early with crew that was needed to set up.  (South Africa)   When we returned they had two gangways open. I rode my wheelchair straight up the lower one.  

In Bangkok the chairs were in a grassy area but there were people to help,I had a scooter there which didn’t fit well on the golf cart shuttle but there were offers to transport it by a different means

What I haven’t seen is someone that is wheelchair bound, or simply cannot get in and out of vehicles in the venues, but then they cold have been transported in special vehicles. 

in one venue there was a steep ramp where the buses were letting people out.  There were ship wheelchairs, with crew, to get you up the slope.   I was impressed that they recognized the slope was a bit long and would be hard for many whether they came in the “special” group or not.  

I'm looking forward to reading your report when you return as some of the elevators I’ve been directed to weren’t obvious and I’m not sure I would have found them.  No they weren’t freight elevators, just hidden.

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Don’t hold me to this but I thought I heard folks with mobility issues could report to  Cabaret Lounge and special transportation would be provided. Hopefully, someone on that cruise can verify one way or the other. Upon return to ship there was one bus that dropped folks off right at the gang way. The rest of us had to walk a rather lengthy walk down the pier which could be an issue with a person with mobility issues.

The show itself featured the culture and music of Barbados and the islands. Pre show of two men costumed men on stilts and a steel drum band lasted about 45 minutes and in our opinion could have been shorter and the main started earlier.

Not always the Cabaret Lounge, last time it was the den, but yes we’ve always met before leavin, usually earlier. 

• Like 2

Is there at change that our Destination Celebration in Sorrento could get changed to an Azamazing Evening still? Our sailing is April 1 from Rome - April 8 in Athens. We were hoping to have a fun evening off the ship, but if not, we will go with adjusted expectations. We are Azamara newbies (my mom's first cruise ever) and were definitely looking forward to this activity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ekelley8804 said:

Is there at change that our Destination Celebration in Sorrento could get changed to an Azamazing Evening still? Our sailing is April 1 from Rome - April 8 in Athens. We were hoping to have a fun evening off the ship, but if not, we will go with adjusted expectations. We are Azamara newbies (my mom's first cruise ever) and were definitely looking forward to this activity.

Sorrento is a tender port.Difficult to take 600+ people from and to the ship.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

We had an Azamazing Evening in Mexico from a tendered port (Cabo San Lucas, I think) in 2019. It worked very well, and it was a masterpiece of organisation!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

We had a tendered Azamazing evening in Sorrento - we were transported up the the gardens of the Hilton hotel.  It all worked brilliantly and it was one of my favourite evening.  They had pizza dough spinning and huge tables of cheeses and wines as well as pizza slices.  There were also wandering minstrels round the gardens  The tender boats aligned very well to the buses to take us up to the hotel.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, uktog said:

We had a tendered Azamazing evening in Sorrento - we were transported up the the gardens of the Hilton hotel.  It all worked brilliantly and it was one of my favourite evening.  They had pizza dough spinning and huge tables of cheeses and wines as well as pizza slices.  There were also wandering minstrels round the gardens  The tender boats aligned very well to the buses to take us up to the hotel.  

Sounds fantastic!

• Like 1

We are booked on Onward April 29 from Rome to Venice (8days).  I've looked at all the listed shore excursions but don't see anything about the Azamazing Evening or a Destination Celebration.  What am I missing?

37 minutes ago, Debs224 said:

We are booked on Onward April 29 from Rome to Venice (8days).  I've looked at all the listed shore excursions but don't see anything about the Azamazing Evening or a Destination Celebration.  What am I missing?

Full list here: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Azamara/General_Info/AZA_AzAmazing_Evenings_Flyer.pdf

Yours is 2-May-23 -  Kotor Montenegro - Mystical Tales at Synchro Porto Montenegro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Full list here: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Azamara/General_Info/AZA_AzAmazing_Evenings_Flyer.pdf

Yours is 2-May-23 -  Kotor Montenegro - Mystical Tales at Synchro Porto Montenegro

with the proviso that it looks like this is an old document and does not necessarily reflect current itineraries...eg Onward showing Azamazing events Jan/Feb in Israel whilst the ship is in the Caribbean 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Debs224 said:

I'm on the same cruise, but it doesn't look like the Azamazing Evening is posted yet.  I sorted the excursion from low-high.  The $0 Azamazing excursion isn't popping up.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be something off the ship.  

21 hours ago, uktog said:

This actually sounds amazing and so much better than music onboard that could happen any other night!

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 8:49 AM, Lady President said:

I'm on the same cruise, but it doesn't look like the Azamazing Evening is posted yet.  I sorted the excursion from low-high.  The $0 Azamazing excursion isn't popping up.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be something off the ship.  

Fingers crossed!   Look forward to seeing you onboard.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...