Was your 'Royal Up' a thumbs down?

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would not have cancelled bids on Wonder as I can not think of any cabin that would have similar issues.

Love...love..the location and layout of the GS cabins on Wonder!  🙂  

Our home for four weeks, (luckily no cabin changing) next October.  🥰

• Like 1

As someone who puts in a very large effort to choose the exact category and location on a ship doing the RoyalUp comes with a list of unknowns. I've successfully gotten two RoyalUp's, one to a grand-suite and one to a loft suite but I chose to do so on both ships as I was ok with the potential locations of those categories. Sounds like you have particular requirements, which is ok, and RoyalUp is too much of a gamble for you. Enjoy it...I personally do like aft balconies. It's a different view and tends to be quieter in the hallways. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Love...love..the location and layout of the GS cabins on Wonder!  🙂  

Our home for four weeks, (luckily no cabin changing) next October.  🥰

Will Wonder have the same TV issue as Harmony and Symphony 

• Like 1

ROYAL UP is run by a third party.   I can assure you that the reps who answer the phone have NO idea how it works. 

We were Royal UP on the Anthem in June from a JS to a OS midship in the most perfect location. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Definitely....don't want to chance one of those aft CLS picks.  😮 

Not a fan of the GS cabins on Harmony, though we have done several...just really don't like that wall in the middle of the cabin.  Makes it feel closed in IMHO.   But we do enjoy the JS cabins on that ship.   Usually go with an OS...or side facing CLS on B2B cruises, but this is just a one week "fill in" in September for us.    

We have a grand suite on harmony next year , we have always liked them on many different classes. The huge plus for us is it leaves from Texas . I like the full suite perks and CK even though we will book the UDP. Got a really good price under 2300.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We have a grand suite on harmony next year , we have always liked them on many different classes. The huge plus for us is it leaves from Texas . I like the full suite perks and CK even though we will book the UDP. Got a really good price under 2300.

Wow that is a good deal. I don't blame you for getting the UDP.  The last time on Oasis the CK was a bit disappointing with lots of repeat menus even on a short 7 day cruise.  Some menus... not just selections but entire menus, would show up for lunch two days after being the dinner menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Wow that is a good deal. I don't blame you for getting the UDP.  The last time on Oasis the CK was a bit disappointing with lots of repeat menus even on a short 7 day cruise.  Some menus... not just selections but entire menus, would show up for lunch two days after being the dinner menu.

After doing celebrity Luminae I was totally disappointed in CK quality of food , I like breakfast and lunch is ok but definitely don’t care for dinner. 

• Like 1

The one time we bid and won our Royal Up, we moved from an interior cabin to a balcony that was the 2nd to last room at the aft of the ship, so I know how you feel about getting moved so far from the elevator without actually getting an aft balcony.  We noticed that there were other cabins not assigned in the category we received the upgrade to, so we had our travel agent call in and he got our cabins changed in 10 minutes to one much closer to the aft elevators.  I know some people say you cannot do this after you they assign you a cabin, but we were able to do so and I know others who did the same.  You may want to ask your travel agent if there are any other JS available currently on your upcoming cruise and try to get it switched now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

You may want to ask your travel agent if there are any other JS available currently on your upcoming cruise and try to get it switched now.

But if they do that, what would they have to complain about here?  LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I must say, I wasn’t real miserable having to suffer in this rear facing Harmony CLS that no one else wanted….. 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.fd4134b596f8cb31bf4f67ccde18c46b.jpeg

Looks like you might have been our next door neighbor on our CLS RoyalUp.  We got the room right above the zip line landing.  Have to say it was more fun than I thought, could see all activities, most of the aqua theater and views out to the ocean.  

Glad we did, not that I’ll ever pick one outright but now I know the aft/sports deck veranda is not that big of a deal.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The wall

No...no wall through the middle of the room on Wonder in the GS cabins.   Actually the GS cabins on Wonder are about 20 sq. ft.  smaller than on the 4  sisters.  Does not sound like much, but with ship cabins...it's a lot....IMHO.   

However, I do like the layout of the JS cabins on the other sisters, very open feeling.  This GS reminds me a lot of those...but will have the bigger bathroom and the double sinks we adore, plus bigger balcony over a JS.   I prefer the more open feel of the older ships GS cabins.  

The biggest thing is the location, love having all the GS cabins on deck 17....much like CLS cabins on the others sisters...but without dealing with dragging luggage up the stairs to the loft bedroom.  😉 

And having the suites sun deck up above...instead of half way across the ship...is another plus! 

Very much looking forward to making Wonder our home for four weeks starting 10/16.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1