Status Change In The Middle Of A B2B?

I know that Royal's C&A says that it takes some time for a status change to show up on their website.  However, if your status changes during the first leg of a B2B, does the status change in time for the second leg of the B2B?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

I know that Royal's C&A says that it takes some time for a status change to show up on their website.  However, if your status changes during the first leg of a B2B, does the status change in time for the second leg of the B2B?

See the Loyalty Ambassador during the 1st leg and he/she can make it happen.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

See the Loyalty Ambassador during the 1st leg and he can make it happen.

Thanks!  I need 3 points for Diamond and I've never done a B2B before.  So, I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone.  

• Like 1

I've had this happen a few times... I earned enough points to become Diamond on the first leg, and the LA made me Diamond on the second leg.

Another time, I earned enough points for D+ on a S2S.  I took my Seapass card from the first ship to the LA on my second ship, and he made me D+ on that sailing.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've had this happen a few times... I earned enough points to become Diamond on the first leg, and the LA made me Diamond on the second leg.

Another time, I earned enough points for D+ on a S2S.  I took my Seapass card from the first ship to the LA on my second ship, and he made me D+ on that sailing.  

Over 12yrs was on a 13nite when had enough Points by second Day to be Diamond Plus. Loyalty called my Cabin see if I was going be at Upper Tier, I was. The Captain called me up Awarded me D+ and presented the Certificate at this gathering. She sent me down that nite to Change my Card/Status, all this not normal and supposed be next Cruise or Leg if B2B...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

As long as you reach the new tier  by the end of the first leg, you will get all the ON BOARD  benefits of the new tier on the second leg.  You will need to go to the Loyalty Ambassador to make the update.    

M

• Like 2

Technically...you are not the next level until 5-7 days after completion of the cruise you turned when they process the points.   But there are some that have sweet talked the LA to give them status on the second leg.  

Me....I have never bothered with it.   Just waited until the points were processed officially.   Which always made the next cruise that much sweeter.  😉 

• Like 1

Once the cruise is complete and  if you have reached the new tier, you are eligible that tier.  Since you are in the same ship, it should  be no problem.  The fact that you are  B2B and don't have a few weeks/months  between cruises, will not eliminate your new benefits.  I'd chat with the  LA sometime during the first cruise to make him/her aware of the status change and that you are B2B.  Depending on the tier change ( like going from Emerald to Diamond) , the benefits could be significant. 

Enjoy 

• Like 1

I am S2S and the 2nd ship I’ll finally be The Big 🍍 . I hope the LA on cruise 1 will ensure the magic 🪄 happens on cruise 2 as it will take some of the thrills away if I have to spend the first days of cruise 2 begging for my free Wi-Fi, trying to get into Chops for breakfast, and a different coloured card!

#firstworldproblems I admit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

I am S2S and the 2nd ship I’ll finally be The Big 🍍 . I hope the LA on cruise 1 will ensure the magic 🪄 happens on cruise 2 as it will take som:classic_smile:e of the thrills away if I have to spend the first days of cruise 2 begging for my free Wi-Fi, trying to get into Chops for breakfast, and a different coloured card!

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club. :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I am S2S and the 2nd ship I’ll finally be The Big 🍍 . I hope the LA on cruise 1 will ensure the magic 🪄 happens on cruise 2 as it will take some of the thrills away if I have to spend the first days of cruise 2 begging for my free Wi-Fi, trying to get into Chops for breakfast, and a different coloured card!

Welcome to the club at as well.  🙂 

If I understand you OK...and will be turning Pinnacle on the 2nd ship.   You will be recognized, but no actual Pinnacle benefits until after that cruise is complete.  

I turned on a second leg of B2B, appreciated the recognition, got the photo and was able to order the "kit" including choice of how the pin would read, etc....but did not receive Pinnacle benefits until a few weeks later for our next cruise when we were officially awarded those points.  

Indeed show the LA on the second ship your paperwork from the first one, and have her check your points.....to be officially recognized on the 2nd ship.  

• Like 1

Congrats -

See  the LA to let him/her know that you are turning Pinnacle because they won't have the numbers for you. You might ask the LA from the first ship to communicate with the LA from the second ship regarding your points.  You should be recognized on the ship you reach 700 points.

I would simply ask the new ship  LA if you can expect Pinnacle benefits on the current  cruise you reach 700, or the following cruise. If you are lucky and they are on the current cruise, they might not kick in till the day you reach 700, or possibly the day after the top tier event.  Again, ask.    We had new cards and benefits on the day we turned 700 ( no event because it was a 3 night cruise)  - but that was years ago and it seems now some have to wait for benefits till  the  next cruise.  If that is the case,   I hope the next cruise is soon and you won't have to wait long to start enjoying Pinnacle benefits.

FWIW  - I think the benefits should be immediate.  One cruise we had a new pinnacle recognized at the top tier, and join for lunch with the officers the same day!   

If you hit the magic 700 on your first cruise, you will likely get the recognition (and all of the paperwork to fill out) at that cruise's top tier party, and you should begin getting all the benefits on the second leg. As others have said, bring your seapass cards from the first cruise to the LA desk on the first day of your second cruise just to make sure. It never hurts to let the LA on the first leg know that you are turning on that cruise (we turned on day 2 of the first leg of a 7 night/7 night B2B). They have a lot of discretion with making the benefits magically happen on the cruise.

• Like 1