Booking a cruise whilst on board

babs135

I am sure that this has been asked before but I can't find it so apologies for repeating a question. What, if any, are the benefits of booking a cruise whilst you're already on board?  I am looking at Alaska for next year but for a variety of reasons cannot book just now. However, by December when we will be on the Victoria things should be clearer and we could well be in a position to book.  I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

1 hour ago, babs135 said:

I am sure that this has been asked before but I can't find it so apologies for repeating a question. What, if any, are the benefits of booking a cruise whilst you're already on board?  I am looking at Alaska for next year but for a variety of reasons cannot book just now. However, by December when we will be on the Victoria things should be clearer and we could well be in a position to book.  I'm in the UK if that makes any difference.

FCD benefits are per person, not per stateroom.

FCD Benefits

6-9 nights Grill Accommodation$200 USD

6-9 nights Balcony Accommodation$150 USD

6-9 nights Inside/ Outside Accommodation$100 USD

10 nights or more Grill Accommodation$400 USD

10 nights or more Balcony Accommodation$300 USD

10 nights or more Inside/Outside Accommodation$200 USD

FCD are purchased from the Voyage Sales Office, payment by Credit or Debit Card only.

Also, as the Carnival share price is very low, it could be beneficial to buy 100 shares for even more OBC (consider this being part of one’s pension pot).  

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer $250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days $100
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less $50

Because at today’s share price it will not take that many voyages for a total ROI

No doubt other CC members will deliver even more hints and tips.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

FCD are purchased from the Voyage Sales Office, payment by Credit or Debit Card only.

It has been reported several times here that they are no longer available for purchase for those who book via the UK.

Just now, Host Hattie said:

It has been reported several times here that they are no longer available for purchase for those who book via the UK.

Accepted….please change FCD to read Book Onboard for UK market

Additional.  Under the current booking conditions one can multiple book “dummies” then be free to move later, without penalty, possibly when the new brochure is released

FCD can be retained to assist our American friends 

I would suggest making an appointment with the future cruise office early in the cruise if you want to use the opportunity to book and get obc. We left it too late on our last Cunard cruise and there were no slots available for us to discuss our plans. 

11 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I would suggest making an appointment with the future cruise office early in the cruise if you want to use the opportunity to book and get obc. We left it too late on our last Cunard cruise and there were no slots available for us to discuss our plans. 

Thanks for the heads up..

So D’s no longer get  a priority?  Another D benefit removed?

49 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Accepted….please change FCD to read Book Onboard for UK market

Additional.  Under the current booking conditions one can multiple book “dummies” then be free to move later, without penalty, possibly when the new brochure is released

FCD can be retained to assist our American friends 

Very annoying but at least I have some solace thanks, I think, to a post from you re CCL shares.

I bought some a couple of weeks back. Not quite at their lowest but almost. We will recoup with the FCC allowances within 24mths if not sooner.

They seem to be a see saw share, and are up at the moment from when I purchased, and as a loyal and frequent Cunard passenger without shares, I reckoned they were  a good buy when I bought them.

Not disappointed at all.🙂

8 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

... Under the current booking conditions one can multiple book “dummies” then be free to move later, without penalty, possibly when the new brochure is released ...

If you haven't seen it yet, note the revised "Flexible booking terms" for the UK just posted today on the Cunard UK website. They are placing limitations on that policy which may impact the ability to book multiple voyages on board and then move them later. Perhaps the most significant changes are these two. The first applies to new bookings. The second appears to also apply to existing bookings.

"... you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy if you’ve booked on a Cunard Fare type."

"Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage sailing within 12 months (6 months in the case of transfer from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector), of the original departure date."

Then there is this final caveat.

"This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice."

Edited by bluemarble

15 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

If you haven't seen it yet, note the revised "Flexible booking terms" for the UK just posted today on the Cunard UK website. They are placing limitations on that policy which may impact the ability to book multiple voyages on board and then move them later. Perhaps the most significant changes are these two. The first applies to new bookings. The second appears to also apply to existing bookings.

"... you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy if you’ve booked on a Cunard Fare type."

"Transfer your booking to a Cunard voyage sailing within 12 months (6 months in the case of transfer from a World Voyage or World Voyage Sector), of the original departure date."

Then there is this final caveat.

"This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice."

Thank you….   As it stands, one will still take a chance in September….

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo