Baggage Tags

Went on a Disney Cruise about 15 years ago, and they sent nice sturdy laminated baggage tags.  Now you have to print your own and staple the ends together.  Worried if it rains and the tags get wet and the ink runs.........🙁

I normally print them out and put them in one of these luggage tag holders.  They are very reasonable on Amazon, and they hold up well.  Been using them for years.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=royal+caribbean+luggage+tag+holders&crid=41KMB8Z6PQEO&sprefix=royal+caribbean+%2Caps%2C130&ref=nb_sb_ss_mission-aware-v1_2_16

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I normally print them out and put them in one of these luggage tag holders.  They are very reasonable on Amazon, and they hold up well.  Been using them for years.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=royal+caribbean+luggage+tag+holders&crid=41KMB8Z6PQEO&sprefix=royal+caribbean+%2Caps%2C130&ref=nb_sb_ss_mission-aware-v1_2_16

Oh those are perfect.  Wish I saw them earlier - we are leaving tomorrow. but thanks.

4 minutes ago, Mikewa said:

Oh those are perfect.  Wish I saw them earlier - we are leaving tomorrow. but thanks.

Royal Caribbean uses the skinny tags. Other lines use wider ones. You can get the wider luggage tag holders and the RCI tags will still fit in them. I use the wider ones as I will do other lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

Royal Caribbean uses the skinny tags. Other lines use wider ones. You can get the wider luggage tag holders and the RCI tags will still fit in them. I use the wider ones as I will do other lines.

Celebrity also has the skinny tags. 

14 minutes ago, M&JfromSDL said:

I just let the valet put them on at the pier.

I tag everything, including carry-on and laptop bag. Just in case I do a drop off or forget a bag somewhere, it has the room number on it. And I don't want to risk an illegible scribble from the porter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mikewa said:

Went on a Disney Cruise about 15 years ago, and they sent nice sturdy laminated baggage tags.  Now you have to print your own and staple the ends together.  Worried if it rains and the tags get wet and the ink runs.........🙁

We use luggage tag holders to minimize the chance of the paper ripping and having our bags down in lost and found. 

• Like 3

2 tags per bag in holder. Before we had holders we  covered them with clear wide tape.  Our only problem was paper tags on bags after a TA cruise arriving in Black Falcon Pier in Boston. 2 bags were misplaced for more than hour.  So even when departing 2 tags on each bag.  Try to put in them holder also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I tag everything, including carry-on and laptop bag. Just in case I do a drop off or forget a bag somewhere, it has the room number on it. And I don't want to risk an illegible scribble from the porter.

We also put a copy inside of each piece of luggage, back packs, carry-ons, equipment bags, etc.  Also, we put a copy of the boarding pass in each as mentioned.  Paranoid?  Maybe!  But, it works for us.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ret MP said:

We also put a copy inside of each piece of luggage, back packs, carry-ons, equipment bags, etc.  Also, we put a copy of the boarding pass in each as mentioned.  Paranoid?  Maybe!  But, it works for us.  

Agree but also name,  home address, email and cell phone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikewa said:

Order luggage tag holders from Amazon.  Very inexpensive and they last for a long time…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We do cary on. No need for them.

I often cruise with my 21 YO DD. She likes to dress up. So that means I have to wear suits. Notice the plural 😂. No just carry on for me. But we drive to most of them, so no big deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Also, we put a copy of the boarding pass in each as mentioned.

Hmmm...I like that idea. I usually toss the extra luggage tags I print out in the bags given to the porters, never considered boarding passes.