Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

5 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

These photos are AMAZING!  Thank you for sharing.

It is like seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time.    No single picture or a whole roll can capture the absolutely amazing experience.   Makes me seem so small in the immense world.  

• Like 9

Forgot to mention that we saw whales today near the valley with the big Glacier Flow.      They were quite a distance away but cold see their Blow  and a couple times the breach and tail. 

AMAZING !!!!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was also surprised.   I'll see what I can find.    I also noticed their was no enforcement.    It was funny that the Captain also made the announcement when most of the passengers had already gone ashore.  

No word on B2B day.   They are still prepping letters to be tested and hoping not to have to deliver them.     They said we would definitely know at the B2B meeting when the decision is made.

Really enjoying following along on your Live post.   

We still have not set foot in the Theater but been enjoying the Beyond the Podium from our room.   They have them on the Movie section of tv.   They have all of the in case you missed one.

Maybe Celebrity HQ read the latest CDC guidance and is eliminating the B2B testing requirements based on the following CDC change. The timing is right. 🤞🤞

• Recommending screening testing of asymptomatic people without known exposures will no longer be recommended in most community settings.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/p0811-covid-guidance.html

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Maybe Celebrity HQ read the latest CDC guidance and is eliminating the B2B testing requirements based on the following CDC change. The timing is right. 🤞🤞

• Recommending screening testing of asymptomatic people without known exposures will no longer be recommended in most community settings.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/p0811-covid-guidance.html

I know.   I read that just as we were leaving.    We can sure hope.    I think that they also have to follow Canadian regulations and  my understanding is their regulations are that All Cruise Ship Passengers must be tested 2 days before boarding the ship.   Hmmm...  

Really stupid as they don't require testing for car or airplane.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Thanks -  I was using Cruise Mapper App to see where we on the Fjords.    We passed a bunch of buildings and radio towers near the outlet.   Need to figure out what it was because it didn't show on Google Maps. 

We are in and out of floating fog banks occasionally get so thick the ship starts the fog horns.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

I had never considered a cruise that includes Greenland, but your breathtakingly beautiful photos have changed my mind. Thanks so much for sharing the spectacular scenery!

It is beautiful.    It is the first they have had in 3 years and was heavily booked.   Originally they did it to Dublin which many preferred.   I love this itinerary as I had lived in Dublin for 3 years.   All of the ports except Halifax were new to us.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Stunning photos Jim! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

I tried not to post all 300 that I shot.     It is so beautiful and nw we are sitting in a fog bank -   Not very photographic.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

I had never considered a cruise that includes Greenland, but your breathtakingly beautiful photos have changed my mind. Thanks so much for sharing the spectacular scenery!

HAL also has cruises that sail a very similar route.  It is a route that we use to escape the horrible heat and humidity of the SE US during July and August.

I think all the mainstream lines have a similar route now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

ship starts the fog horns.

Years ago as we were cruising in the fog in Alaska, I'd be on alert while doing my laps on the track for the slight "moan" that preceeded the horn sounding---especially when I was rounding the corner forward (Vision or Rhapsody OTS).

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's really nice that they provide the entertainment for those that stay out of the theaters.

Today was incredible.   So much to see.   Can't wait to be back to see the passage again on the return.

Photos just keep getting better and better!  
Thank you!

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know.   I read that just as we were leaving.    We can sure hope.    I think that they also have to follow Canadian regulations and  my understanding is their regulations are that All Cruise Ship Passengers must be tested 2 days before boarding the ship.   Hmmm...  

Really stupid as they don't require testing for car or airplane.

Just to let you know they are “trying” to enforce wearing masks (without a sign) in the theater this evening. However, there are still plenty not wearing a mask.😂

• Like 2

Another GREAT  READ, Jim!  I've been working my way through for the past week on and off.  I'm always happy to see another live from JimIain!  Beautiful photography as well.

Thank you for your generosity with your time on vacation once more!

Donna

• Like 2

what treat..awesome photos of places we have never been to..

Enthusiasm  and wonder is  really coming through!

I tried to adjust the color of this great pic of you both,,but I think I made it too blue..sorry...

20220815_153206.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

what treat..awesome photos of places we have never been to..

Enthusiasm  and wonder is  really coming through!

I tried to adjust the color of this great pic of you both,,but I think I made it too blue..sorry...

20220815_153206.jpg

I tried also.  Problem was Lyle thought a great place but with light in background and windows tinted blue it took over. 

this is our favorite place to sit in Retreat.  

Thanks for trying. 

• Like 3

Jim - feels like this cruise is an absolute must for us. Can’t do next year but would love to do this itinerary in 2024. Any idea when they release and if they offer the same itineraries year after year?

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1