Oasis - which type of seapass card is now used

Going on Oasis in a couple of weeks and would like to know if Oasis now uses the RFID seapass cards that you tap to open your cabin door, or do they use the type that you swipe in the door handle to open the door.  My understanding is that the RFID cards can not have a hole punched in them by guest services, in which case any lanyards that I get will need to have the clear plastic card holders instead of hooking directly into a hole in the seapass card.

8 minutes ago, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

Going on Oasis in a couple of weeks and would like to know if Oasis now uses the RFID seapass cards that you tap to open your cabin door, or do they use the type that you swipe in the door handle to open the door.  My understanding is that the RFID cards can not have a hole punched in them by guest services, in which case any lanyards that I get will need to have the clear plastic card holders instead of hooking directly into a hole in the seapass card.

Tap cards. And they peel badly!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Tap cards. And they peel badly!

The peeling was the result of a bad batch.  We had them on Symphony in March yet 2 weeks ago on Ovation they were fine.  The LA said they have used up most of them but every now and then end up finding a box that had the issues

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The peeling was the result of a bad batch.  We had them on Symphony in March yet 2 weeks ago on Ovation they were fine.  The LA said they have used up most of them but every now and then end up finding a box that had the issues

Good to know.   Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's good to hear.  When we were on the Ovation last May, I went through 3 of them.  It turned into a hassle going to Customer Service and waiting and waiting and waiting.

14 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

That's good to hear.  When we were on the Ovation last May, I went through 3 of them.  It turned into a hassle going to Customer Service and waiting and waiting and waiting.

I went through 3 on Symphony.  Luckily we were in a suite so we just had the concierge print new ones.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I went through 3 on Symphony.  Luckily we were in a suite so we just had the concierge print new ones.

Ya, we had a Genie(s).  But, they kept hurting themselves.  So, I just went ahead and did it, myself.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the ships have the peeling problem.  On Jewel now.

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like I said, it was a bad batch, and varies by ship and sailing.  Yhey know sbout it but apparently aren't willing to throw away the bad cards. 

Of course.  Why not inconvenience the many to save a few cents?  Makes sense to me.

• Haha 1

Are they upgrading the RFID wristbands on ships yet? We purchased ours on Harmony a few years ago Pre-Covid. Last year on the Odyssey they weren't using them/allowing reprogramming.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:24 AM, steveru621 said:

Sailed on Anthem X 3,  Oasis X 2 and Enchantment since restart and never had this problem.

Quality was surprisingly bad on Celebrity Edge a year ago.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:28 PM, Ret MP said:

I was on the Ovation in May (first cruise) and mine was fine. You must have gotten bad batch. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:24 AM, steveru621 said:

Yes...agree...we were just on Jewel too.

Ours on Navigator, Harmony and Explorer peeled badly also.