Tips are back down to $14.50 for my 8/28 cruise

So, when the kerfuffle started last week, I checked my next two cruises that I have e-docs for.  The August 21 cruise had the $14.50/day, and the August 28 cruise was $16/day.

After a head's up from another group site for the same itinerary, I just checked again, and lo and behold, my August 28 cruise is now

Gratuities A $14.50 per guest, per day gratuity will be automatically added to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis to be shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams

So it was either a clerical error, or the blowback was so extreme that they reversed course.  

• Like 2

I had called C&A and was told the edocs were wrong and they would note my reservation but I still wanted something writing.  So I wrote to mbayley@rcci.com and got a response today confirming the lower gratuities.  Said no increase. They reiterated no increase since 2018.   They will issue new docs. 

How about this for a conspiracy theory: RCI needs the money so bad, they scared a bunch of folks into pre-paying the grats - folks with OBC, which normally would have gone to grats, will now spend that on other things on board.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

How about this for a conspiracy theory: RCI needs the money so bad, they scared a bunch of folks into pre-paying the grats - folks with OBC, which normally would have gone to grats, will now spend that on other things on board.

As far as conspiracy theories go, this one is much too believable.

• Haha 1