Bottled iced tea

momof3cruisers

Last Oct on Freedom I was able to get bottled iced tea at the coffee shop on the Glory as part of Cheers. But in Feb on the Breeze, when I asked for some, they looked at me like I was crazy. I believe the brand on the Glory was Pure Leaf.

Prior to Carnival switching to Pepsi, I got many bottled teas from Honest Tea at the coffee shops on several trips. This isn’t a deal breaker, but I do like iced tea and not the whatever that is that they serve on Lido. 

What has been your experience? 

It seems that all cruiseships or at least all under the Carnival umbrella are excluding all bottled drinks whether plastic or glass. Some claim that it is only for the drinks people are allowed to bring on and only because they are trying to stop tampered-with bottles containing off-ship alcohol from being smuggled on, but that wouldn't account for bottled water from their own source, now would it?

Unfortunately, I have not been on a cruise since May 2019, but I do read Cruise Critic like an addict. 

Hopefully, someone with recent experience on a Carnival ship will pipe up and let us know what CANNED ice tea is now available.

6 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

The last cruise I was able to get the bottled tea was last year in Oct on the Dream. It's been MIA since then☹️

Well there ya go. That was the last time I got it as well. Shucks. 

Thanks for all the responses. I will just bring a Tervis  cup and make my own brewed iced tea from the tea bags and hot water on the Lido. Maybe I’ll bring a pitcher. LOL

Edited by momof3cruisers
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had all the bottled Pure Leaf iced tea I could get on our B2B on the Mardi Gras in February.  It was always on display in the grab n go case at Java Blue.  They only had the unsweetened variety.

I hope they have it at the end of the month on our follow up B2B on the MG, otherwise I will have a disappointed DH.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:03 AM, crystalspin said:

It seems that all cruiseships or at least all under the Carnival umbrella are excluding all bottled drinks whether plastic or glass. 

Unfortunately, I have not been on a cruise since May 2019, but I do read Cruise Critic like an addict. 

On our B2B on the Mardi Gras last February there was a plethora of choices available such as Pure Leaf iced tea and Naked juices in plastic and a Starbucks Frappaccino in bottles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on the Mardi Gras and wanted to report before we pulled out of PC that Pure Leaf is no longer available.  Went to Java Blue to get a bottle and it was nowhere to be found.  Inquired about it and was told it was no longer available.  Must be another Covid casualty or another death by 1,000 cuts.  Didn't see the Starbucks Frappachino or the Naked juices either, but since I don't drink them I didn't ask about them.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

A quick Google search came up with Gold Peak and Honest T as two teas distributed by Coke.

It could depend on where you live.

When I lived in North Carolina, Dr. Pepper was distributed by Coke.

Here in South Carolina, Dr. Pepper products are distributed by Pepsi.

1 minute ago, bguppies said:

It could depend on where you live.

When I lived in North Carolina, Dr. Pepper was distributed by Coke.

Here in South Carolina, Dr. Pepper products are distributed by Pepsi.

The difference is Gold Peak the brand is actually owned by Coca-Cola, and Pure Leaf is owned by Pepsico.

My guess is these bottled drinks didn't sell as fast as the canned ones, and some guests certainly hoarded them. So Carnival just stopped ordering them. They have limited refrigeration space behind the bars so they have to be selective about what they stock.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:51 PM, wendysue44 said:

I was on the Pride in December and was able to get Pure Leaf at Java Blue. I will be on the Magic in November, hope it is available.

Obviously once their current stick is gone, it's gone.  If the flagship of the fleet does not stock it, one of the smaller ships will not be reordering it 2+ months from now.