Crown Grill > OBC

janroatan

Yes, anything on board with the exception of purchasing future cruise deposits. If you do not have a fare which includes gratuities your credit balance (OBC) will be used up in 3 or so days.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

If you do not have a fare which includes gratuities your credit balance (OBC) will be used up in 3 or so days.

Very good point!  On my upcoming cruise, crew tips plus my soda package and Wi-Fi will exhaust our OBC.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Can you pay for SD and then convert to OBC once onboard?

I believe that has only been exceptional when folks weren't getting their dining credits in DMW.  That bug seems to be largely fixed. 

Note you have to have a credit card setup in order for DMW to properly book a SD reservation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Has anyone ever had OBC that was designated as "Travel Agent Grp Promotion*"?

If so was it used for only a tour or did just used otherwise like for drinks or specialty dining? 

That just explains where the OBC originated. It has no bearing on how it can be spent. You can spend it just like any other OBC.

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe that has only been exceptional when folks weren't getting their dining credits in DMW.  That bug seems to be largely fixed. 

Note you have to have a credit card setup in order for DMW to properly book a SD reservation.

Not sure what you are saying. I do have credit card set up and DMW worked correctly, charging my card as I expected. I made reservations because I wanted to be sure of date and time. I understand that DMW will not charge to OBC as Excursions do but wondered if I can see Customer Service once onboard, convert to OBC and have credit card refunded.

47 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Not sure what you are saying. I do have credit card set up and DMW worked correctly, charging my card as I expected. I made reservations because I wanted to be sure of date and time. I understand that DMW will not charge to OBC as Excursions do but wondered if I can see Customer Service once onboard, convert to OBC and have credit card refunded.

I am pretty sure the CC is needed in order to book a SD and have DMW use credits. 

IDK if you should count on booking SD and then getting refunded to credit card.  I just don't see that happening.  If you cancel a res on board, I imagine they give you OBC and not to credit card. 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

If you cancel a res on board, I imagine they give you OBC and not to credit card. 

Good point, then I would end up with more OBC. I will just spend the OBC on a Princess excursion where I might have used private excursion. I also just realized $100 OBC is Veteran so would be refunded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Has anyone ever had OBC that was designated as "Travel Agent Grp Promotion*"?

If so was it used for only a tour or did just used otherwise like for drinks or specialty dining? 

Yes. We had this very often. It is just like any other OBC and in our case it always showed up in the Princess records as soon as booked. If it shows on the Princess records it can be used to pre-book tours. If not then it is not available for pre-booked tours.

3 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

That just explains where the OBC originated. It has no bearing on how it can be spent. You can spend it just like any other OBC.

44 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes. We had this very often. It is just like any other OBC and in our case it always showed up in the Princess records as soon as booked. If it shows on the Princess records it can be used to pre-book tours. If not then it is not available for pre-booked tours.

Thanks.

In that case I'd rather use it for a Specialty restaurant then a tour I didn't want to begin with. 😉