Ships in port with us?

Britter16

My take on this usually makes a lot of people mad. Unless you are going to some really tiny port (like St Maarten that would get overly congested) I wouldn't concern myself with it. Most people really couldn't tell an actual difference in their experience if they didn't see another ship or so at port. Plus, your itinerary can change, another itinerary can change. It's a great way to set yourself up for disappointment for no reason.

Otherwise, I would focus mostly on booking excursions you want to do that could potentially be sold out (which again, is often not an issue).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

My take on this usually makes a lot of people mad. Unless you are going to some really tiny port (like St Maarten that would get overly congested) I wouldn't concern myself with it. Most people really couldn't tell an actual difference in their experience if they didn't see another ship or so at port. Plus, your itinerary can change, another itinerary can change. It's a great way to set yourself up for disappointment for no reason.

Otherwise, I would focus mostly on booking excursions you want to do that could potentially be sold out (which again, is often not an issue).

Agree with you totally. Rarely worry about other ships in port, and we DIY far more than we use ship's excursions.

I like to know this stuff too.  I don't worry about any of it, I just like to know the potential of tendering instead of docking, the possible congestion of 'quaint downtowns'.  It makes a difference when planning adventures on shore. 

I use 'whatsinport' dot com.  Lots of great info and links to the schedules of each port. 

• Like 1

I prefer to have an idea of just how packed a port may or may not be. Especially during high season. You can Google each individual  port. That will likely be the most accurate, especially if your cruise is soon. Otherwise I use cruisemapper.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, Britter16 said:

I lost the site that would tell me the passenger load in the ports we are visiting. I like to plan everything.

You can use any of the multitude of 3rd party sites, but their accuracy is never guaranteed. Personally, I prefer a google search for the actual port.